Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

That thing where you lose pounds of belly fat following a weird tip

(38 Posts)
snoggle Mon 18-Aug-14 18:34:40

Or something. Or the bizarre fact that somebody's doctor told them to lose weight. Always in the sidebars. Does anybody know what it says if you follow it?

Surely if it was any good people would be talking about it elsewhere?

Fubsy Mon 18-Aug-14 18:39:31

Is that the one where doctors are furious that a housewife discovered it? Or maybe that was wrinkles. I dunno.

Anyway if you follow the link on one of them it invites you to send off for a book at some extortionate price, which obviously no one has, hence nobody discussing it anywhere grin

snoggle Mon 18-Aug-14 18:42:20

I think the housewife one may be by the same people. Plastic surgeons hate her apparently.

But surely if it's just 1 weird tip that wouldn't fill a whole book?

reup Mon 18-Aug-14 18:45:02

I followed the weird tip. The book was something like the 5:2 diet but more extreme, not a tip at all.

TheJiminyConjecture Mon 18-Aug-14 18:45:32

I'm pretty sure the tip is 'put down the fork'. With accompanying illustrations of various forks.

LemonMousse Mon 18-Aug-14 18:47:51

So other people get these in their side bar too? Phew - I thought t'internet could see my belly fat through my computer screen wink

MizLizLemon Mon 18-Aug-14 18:49:33

Isn't it something to do with apple cider vinegar? Most tips are.

I followed the housewife tip once, I had two free samples of the cream that I had to pay £2.99 postage for, then the fuckers sent it and it incurred £80 customs fees, so I left it at the sorting office.

Then the next month they took £180 out of my bank account!angry

I did get it back after kicking off massively, but never did get the magic cream!shock

snoggle Mon 18-Aug-14 18:51:04

Oh lemon don't say that

<eyes up wobbly midriff>

Reup that is disappointing news. So it's not weird, it's not a tip, and there's not just 1 of it.

noblegiraffe Mon 18-Aug-14 18:51:27

I keep seeing on Facebook that Holly Willoughby is apparently furious that her training regime has been leaked, click to find out what it is etc.

I'm wondering why Holly Willoughby would give a shit, unless it's something really embarrassing like drinking your own piss.

snoggle Mon 18-Aug-14 18:53:44

I like the idea of multiple fork pictures. Cider vinegar I tried for a day but got indigestion.

snoggle Mon 18-Aug-14 18:55:35

CTF shock
And terrible that we will never know if it worked either.

Oooh I wonder what is Holly's secret.....

MrsToddsShortcut Mon 18-Aug-14 18:57:50

I thought the wobbly belly one led to a load of blurb about Raspberry Ketones?

<disclaimer: I have no idea what these are or what they do>

Castlemilk Mon 18-Aug-14 19:02:08

Holly rubs kittens on her belly fat apparently.

The cuteness absorbs the lipids and she loses 3 inches per kit.

Damn right she's furious.

OwlCapone Mon 18-Aug-14 19:04:39

The one I clicked out of idle curiosity a while ago went to some herbal tea and a "colon cleanser" tablet. So, laxatives basically.

snoggle Mon 18-Aug-14 19:21:59

So many of you brave enough to click.

Raspberry ketones sound nice, like a boiled sweet or something. I suspect they're not though.

Re Holly, the kittens probably have massaging effect for drainage. Like when people went mad for rubbing coffee grounds into their cellulite. I could lose a kitty or two between the rolls though.

RiffyWammal Mon 18-Aug-14 19:33:24

I want to know what those alien-looking foods are that if eaten, you will never need to diet again! They look kind of jellified and medical specimen-y.

According to my facebook sidebar this morning Jennifer Aniston is APOPLEPTIC with rage that her lies have been discovered. This was accompanied by a picture of her without hair, so maybe she has been lying about being bald?

snoggle Mon 18-Aug-14 19:59:13

I know not of these alien foods riffy, where can I find them?

snoggle Mon 18-Aug-14 20:05:06

Now I have gone looking for a Jennifer Aniston bald story, and have found a trick that LIFE INSURANCE companies hate. Something to bring you back from the dead post-claim?

And a trick to get 80% off an iPad. I think these may be too good to be true.

Hassled Mon 18-Aug-14 20:09:02

The internet doesn't often seem to see my belly fat, but instead (on YouTube, on my laptop) I get ads for mature women in my area looking for fun. There's usually a picture of someone looking really very mature indeed lounging on a candlewick bedspread. I don't know what I did in a previous life to deserve this.

MoreYellowBirds Mon 18-Aug-14 20:12:38

Arf @ Hassled grin

snoggle Mon 18-Aug-14 20:15:18

hassled were you on the Elderly Korean Lady thread?
I don't like to think where else you have been hanging out if not.

Hassled Mon 18-Aug-14 20:18:53

I read about the EKL but didn't post - maybe that was enough grin And it's only me that uses this laptop, too - fuck knows what I was stupid enough to google at some stage. I bet MN was responsible, though.

snoggle Mon 18-Aug-14 20:27:30

I lurked on EKL too. Will let you know if any mature, reclining ladies show up here...

roundpegsquarehole Mon 18-Aug-14 20:33:48

i was wondering my side bar was trying to tell me something.....<stares forlornly at scales>

i thought it knew what i weigh.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now