Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

this is taking the piss now!

(62 Posts)
ilovemonstersinc Mon 18-Aug-14 06:57:16

Been induced 2days ago. They put me on the list to go down to delivery to havw waters broken.
That was 24hours ago (almost) and still not heard anything.
I have a friend on delivery (support health worker) she said they weren't that busy and that they had just shifted a few people to postnatal.
The list is me and another lady so not exactly long!
Been cramping all night, lost some blood, baby has had a suspicious trace and im still bloody waiting.

To top it off ds1 has sn and health problems and hes not coping too well at home with all the disruption to his routine. Hes autistic, tube fed and ? Adhd. Surely rhey have to pull their finger out!

Aibu?

AliceDoesntLiveHereAnymore Mon 18-Aug-14 07:02:47

First of all, your friend should not have told you that. It's unprofessional.

YABU, unfortunately, however I sympathise with the situation (having been there myself. They may not be that busy, however, they most likely have specific reasons for the delay, which may directly relate to health and safety concerns that could affect you and your delivery.

If you're concerned about the baby, ask them to check the baby again. Otherwise, I think you just need to focus on relaxing and conserving your energy for the upcoming delivery. Best of luck.

KatyN Mon 18-Aug-14 07:03:32

Oh bless you. I took 4 days to be induced. First day was getting me ready to break my waters and then I had to wait for a delivery room. I remember begging when they would do a c section.

Sorry it is so rubbish for you, hope the little one arrives soon.

Kxx

ilovemonstersinc Mon 18-Aug-14 07:09:00

Thank you. The whole reason of being induced was because of babys movement's and dodgy traces on the monitor. You would have thought they would have liked to have had him out by now!

The longer im away from home and sorting ds1 out the harder its going to be to get him ti settle again and not be so violent towards himself etc.
They've not even done my obs for over 12hours, baby hasnt been checked for a while either.

ilovemonstersinc Mon 18-Aug-14 07:10:13

Alice thats what I've been doing, catching up on sleep so not all bad. Just concerned about the dc

AliceDoesntLiveHereAnymore Mon 18-Aug-14 07:14:14

Ilove I do sympathise with you, really. My ds1 is disabled, and has autism and adhd. When I was in hospital to have ds2, it took 3 days of trying to induce before they finally broke the waters. Ds1 was falling apart at home and I just wanted to get it done and over and get home again to get things back in order.

I think if they haven't checked the baby in over 12 hours, I'd ask them to do it again, and while they're checking the baby, just ask them what the expected timeline is for today, as you haven't been advised.

I hope they can progress things quickly and safely today for you and that you're home with your lovely new baby and your ds1 very soon.

ilovemonstersinc Mon 18-Aug-14 07:19:46

Thank you alice. We're on the goose and carrot threads together. Ive just not managed to be able to come round and have a proper read through what's been going on

AliceDoesntLiveHereAnymore Mon 18-Aug-14 07:22:15

lol - I thought I recognised your name, but without coffee, I just hadn't connected it. blush Sorry!

Please pop on after you've had your little one and are home and rested and let us know how you're doing!! smile

how are your babies movements op?

ilovemonstersinc Mon 18-Aug-14 07:27:34

I will do alice as I have a few questions as ds is seeinf community paed next month!

Baby has been quite but when hes up its none stop almost like hes irritated. We had 2 hours of non stop movement aftee nothing most of the day which wasnt like him. That was giving us a dodgy trace. A few decels too.

are they putting you on a tra e again this morning?

don't be scared to ask them questions about you and your babies care, its your right.

ilovemonstersinc Mon 18-Aug-14 07:47:09

Ive buzzed and support worker came in I said I need themw she said oohh I'll go get her that was 10mins ago.

Im starting to contract again so wanted to be put on monitor so I know he's coping ok as its been known to send his heart rate high (217!)
Currently every 7ish minutes.

AliceDoesntLiveHereAnymore Mon 18-Aug-14 07:55:59

That's good though ilove. As you're contracting again, they should monitor more closely and perhaps the waters may break on their own and labour will progress as it should. Fingers crossed!

Just no MN'ing while you're pushing! grin

keep calling them, hope it progresses for you

ilovemonstersinc Mon 18-Aug-14 08:03:10

Lol@no mn while pushing!

No one has been yet. Think its hand over.

hazeyjane Mon 18-Aug-14 08:03:59

Ilovemonsters, no advice, but here for a handhold.

Hope things are ok and you make progress today.

Monsters, no advice but brew and cake

Zippidydoodah Mon 18-Aug-14 08:18:48

Aw more handholding here. Please don't be afraid to be pushy and get them to keep an eye on your little one xxx

ilovemonstersinc Mon 18-Aug-14 08:50:25

Just seen the dr, as I had some bleeding last night and Ibleed heavy after ddelivery (2.5l!) Im now priority to go onto delivery when its safe when theyve got the room and staff. There could be empty rooms but not enough mws etc. So at least im priority and top of list

thank you for the hand holding. Just been to buy breakfast and ive nearly spent 20 in 2days!

AliceDoesntLiveHereAnymore Mon 18-Aug-14 08:58:08

glad they've checked you ilove

best wishes for a speedy and safe delivery for you!!

ilovemonstersinc Mon 18-Aug-14 09:01:36

Ahh im content now lol. Had a nice brew, breakfast and feel tired now. Been resting up most of the night as I know it can be tiring and even though its my.3rd I don't labour quick (even with the drip) last time was 9 hours to dilate with drip. 1st time was 5days!!

ilovemonstersinc Mon 18-Aug-14 09:02:04

Thank you alice and everyone flowers

PeterParkerSays Mon 18-Aug-14 09:09:55

Why are you buying breakfast?

ilovemonstersinc Mon 18-Aug-14 09:13:02

The toast was cold with butter on not melted (yuk) and was really hard, the tea tasted off and I know I need to keep eating while I can as I cant eat on delivery otherwise would have waited till dinner. Dinner isnt too bad I can cope with that! Ive only been buying breakfast.

glad you've been checked and are top of the list.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now