Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Has anyone replaced an electric integrated oven? If so, I need your help!

(17 Posts)
LovingSummer Sun 17-Aug-14 22:45:46

How did you measure; the space or the oven, and if the oven does that mean the trim or the box that is inserted into the available space? If it's the space do you need to allow extra for the outer trim on the front of the oven?

Also, did you do it yourself or pay someone. If you did it how hard was it, and if you paid someone who did you choose and what did it cost?

Any tips gratefully received!

antimatter Sun 17-Aug-14 22:49:09

I thought all of that is standarised
as in - instruction tells you what it is and is the same between models sold in UK (or even EU!)

I was told replacing one is very easy as all fittings are in place i.e. wiring

ALMOSTMRSG Sun 17-Aug-14 22:50:35

We replaced ours earlier this year. Dh did the measuring, but I think they are all a standard size. Dh installed it himself, but he did originally train as an electrician.

LovingSummer Sun 17-Aug-14 22:54:29

Unfortunately I seem to have noticed there are 2 sizes and I don't have a clue!

NormHonal Sun 17-Aug-14 22:55:10

We had ours replaced in our last house and IIRC they were all standard sizes.

I watched it being replaced and it looked very simple, although the fitter was a trained electrician, it looked to be as simple as clipping two wires together and sliding the unit in.

antimatter Sun 17-Aug-14 22:59:43

maybe you are looking at under the counter owen and the single/double oven combos?

yes, then there is more than one type

I have one under my cooker

LovingSummer Sun 17-Aug-14 23:07:00
LovingSummer Sun 17-Aug-14 23:09:22

Maybe it's much of a muchness and doesn't matter?

antimatter Sun 17-Aug-14 23:14:55

the only difference is depth, and that is only 2 or 3 cm which I guess doesn't matter

depth fits under the counter and you should know depth of your working surface - I bet is greater than 60 cm

17leftfeet Sun 17-Aug-14 23:24:20

The two you have linked to are built in which are generally eye level ovens

Is this what you want?

The difference in depth is just the manufactures instructions and is generally due to airflow

LovingSummer Sun 17-Aug-14 23:37:13

Eye level? You mean above the work counter?

No! I need to to go almost flush with the worktop surface and almost to the floor.

antimatter Sun 17-Aug-14 23:39:44
17leftfeet Mon 18-Aug-14 00:32:37

Yes definitely sounds like a double built under

You do need someone to fit it but most suppliers will do it for around £20

dexter73 Mon 18-Aug-14 07:09:59

I installed/fitted our oven myself as Currys wanted £80 to do it. If you know how to wire a plug you can wire in an oven.

Oh my goodness Dexter, no!

Do not fit an oven if you know how to wire a plug!!!

Infinity8 Mon 18-Aug-14 07:40:10

Some fitted ovens can just be plugged in. It reduces your choice a bit but saves cost of getting it wired in.

dexter73 Mon 18-Aug-14 07:46:54

It's fine Penny I have done lots of wiring! There are guides on the web that show you how to do it if you aren't sure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now