Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Chinese takeaway help!

(11 Posts)
starrychime Sun 17-Aug-14 15:10:33

Just a quick question about duck! Can't find an illustrated menu anywhere. If I order roast duck with mushrooms what will it look like and is DD10 likely to like it? She's dying to try duck and I quite fancy sweet and sour chicken but I'm wondering what will arrive if I order that duck dish.

Mrsjayy Sun 17-Aug-14 15:19:40

I think it will be in a gravy iyswim I like shredded duck and pancakes

IHeartLockhart Sun 17-Aug-14 15:22:05

Maybe something like this?

IHeartLockhart Sun 17-Aug-14 15:23:04

Also I'm very envy of your takeaway!

Mrsjayy Sun 17-Aug-14 15:23:36

Yeah it will look like ^^

starrychime Sun 17-Aug-14 15:27:25

Hmm thanks. That looks ok actually, thought it might be slices with pink bits in the middle which I don't think she'd be keen on. Yes, I'm going to get Cantonese sweet and sour chicken and fried rice - Chinese doesn't open till 4 tho <hungry>

charlietangoteakettlebarbeque Sun 17-Aug-14 15:32:39

why don't you get crispy duck with pancakes?

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

<<craves>>

SilentBob Sun 17-Aug-14 15:34:15

Tbh I'm not a huge fan off duck cooked in sauce- it goes a bit slimy for me. Personal taste though, your daughter might love it! (Huge Chinese fan here though, also v jealous!)

SilentBob Sun 17-Aug-14 15:35:43

*of not off in my last post.

Ps I agree- crispy duck is da bomb!

IHeartLockhart Sun 17-Aug-14 15:36:46

Or what about crispy noodles with duck? I'm with silentbob that slimy duck is not a good way to first try it.

starrychime Sun 17-Aug-14 15:41:32

Strangely no crispy duck on the (online) menu. She's now changed her mind after seeing the picture and is now having plain noodles, gravy sauce and onion rings hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now