Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What are your toddlers afraid of?

(129 Posts)
SantanaLopez Sat 16-Aug-14 22:04:48

DD is pretty fearless but she is totally terrified by the Gruffalo grin

IsChippyMintonExDirectory Sat 16-Aug-14 22:06:48

The Hoover. She runs for dear life. Quite grateful tbh gives me an excuse not to clean

EatShitDerek Sat 16-Aug-14 22:06:49

Mine isn't a toddler anymore but I saw a toddler run away from a mop bucket at work today. She ran to the other side of the shop and her mum said 'a mop bucket is out I guess'

plinth Sat 16-Aug-14 22:07:34

I can't think of anything DS is afraid of really but if I hurt myself he cries hmm

CultureSucksDownWords Sat 16-Aug-14 22:08:02

Lawn mowers, vacuum cleaners and hair dryers, but only when actually switched on and making a noise. No idea why!

SmashleyHop Sat 16-Aug-14 22:08:07

My 2 yr old daughter fears nothing. My nearly 4 yr old son however fears the paddling pool hmm He begs me to pick him up and set him in it- then promptly decides there is a blade of grass in it so he needs me to pick him back up out of it. He's always been a bit weird with water now that I think of it.

slightlyglitterstained Sat 16-Aug-14 22:08:38

Hand dryers in public toilets.

SantanaLopez Sat 16-Aug-14 22:09:19

It's quite handy when they're afraid of cleaning things envy

DD adores the brush and dustpan, but doesn't like hand dryers come to think of it.

DontVexMeYeah Sat 16-Aug-14 22:09:29

Those noisy hand dryers in public loos. Which is understandable, I guess.

winterst4r Sat 16-Aug-14 22:09:34

The giant Moa in Natural History Museum Alive. Oh and freaks out about the dodo... Totally unphased by the giant snake and sabre toothed cat though.

DontVexMeYeah Sat 16-Aug-14 22:10:34

Ah, good to know we're not alone!

Coddo Sat 16-Aug-14 22:11:29

Mine was terrified of Swiper the fox

WowserBowser Sat 16-Aug-14 22:13:02

Rabbits
Zing zillas

Wobblebeans Sat 16-Aug-14 22:13:18

The hair dryer, hand dryers, motorbikes when they drive past the house. Planes when they fly over and make a loud noise. Basically any loud noises, except the Hoover, she loves the Hoover confused

beccajoh Sat 16-Aug-14 22:13:34

Hair dryer, food processor, vacuum. She loved all these things as a baby. She used to squeal with delight, aged nine months, who I got the vacuum out!

SweetsForMySweet Sat 16-Aug-14 22:13:40

Anything loud like a hoover, hairdryer, lawmower, electric saw, washing machine on a fast spin, the music in the local ice cream van long may that one continue grin.
I think it is because he has very good hearing, the lady commented on how sensitive his hearing was when it was checked as a new born.

plinth Sat 16-Aug-14 22:14:06

Oh yes, he doesn't like hand dryers. He doesn't freak out but he kind of cowers whilst looking at me in panic.

I usually drip dry smile

MyPandaisasecretmonster Sat 16-Aug-14 22:14:20

My Ds is not scared of anything hmm

My Db on the other hand when he were little was scared of this little wooden toy with green fluff on (looked a bit like a hedgehog) It was hilarious blush grin

Nothing.

He's not keen on public toilets (I think it's the lack of windows and that I have a mild fear of getting stuck and he picks up on my mild peril).

Stripeeepyjamas Sat 16-Aug-14 22:16:24

Hairdressers

PourquoiTuGachesTaVie Sat 16-Aug-14 22:18:54

Ds is 4 now but he's still scared of the hand dryer in public toilets and of the sound the kitchen aid mixer makes.

He's not afraid of the Vacuum cleaner or hair dryer anymore though.

Most recently he has made me turn a picture around on his bedroom wall because "the elephant in the picture walks around and looks at me."

annieoaklie Sat 16-Aug-14 22:20:50

hand dryers. we are good at shaking our hands..

MiaowTheCat Sat 16-Aug-14 22:20:58

DD1 will stand and literally shake if you so much as get the hoover unplugged and in the same room as her. She'll play with a toy hoover fine - but she's terrified of the real one and will order DH to go get the hoover out when she's in her bedroom so nowhere near it (I have not put her up to this at all - honest).

SantanaLopez Sat 16-Aug-14 22:22:36

One of my friends always takes a travel towel (one of the super absorbent ones) to dry her hands. I can't decide if it's PFB or good sense!

nailslikeknives Sat 16-Aug-14 22:24:34

Good to know we're not alone:
Zingzillas
Big Hoover (dust buster is ok)
Iconicles
Such a PITA!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now