Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Biggest lie you have ever been told

(76 Posts)
redrubyindigo Fri 15-Aug-14 00:21:20

Everything my ex-dh ever said!

Wetthemogwai Fri 15-Aug-14 00:30:38

'I don't know who she is, the photo came with the wallet' hmm I bought you the wallet, dickhead, and I've met the girl in the photo at a party I attended as your plus 1!

'Is this added to my current contract or starting a new one?'
'Just upgrading, madam'
<a month later >
'Hello, I'd like to cancel my contract please'
'As you've recently started a new contract you'll be charged for the entire year so that'll be £400 when you're ready, have you got your care handy?'

No I fucking haven't! Screw you BT!

iK8 Fri 15-Aug-14 00:38:46

This is your great-aunt.

She's very, very probably my great grandmother. We all suspect but nobody ever asks or looks too hard so we keep up the pretence.

CaptChaos Fri 15-Aug-14 00:40:20

Pretty much everything my exH said, except when he was using me as a punchbag. He really did think I was a useless sack of shit. He wasn't very bright, because I'm fucking brilliant.

weegiemum Fri 15-Aug-14 00:43:27

Everything my mother said (no, I love your dad!) before her affair with my dad's best friend came out.

Wetthemogwai Fri 15-Aug-14 00:50:20

I love chaos's answer! You clearly are brilliant!

CremeEggThief Fri 15-Aug-14 00:52:11

My XH spent almost a week looking at a new area for us to potentially move to and live together as a family again, after he had been working away for a year and coming back at weekends. We discussed houses, transport and schools, as a family, and also with some of my friends, as the area wasn't far from where we had lived previously.
All the time he knew it was never going to happen, as he had made up his mind to leave me for an OW, and told me the truth the night we got back from this so-called holiday.

Prick.

ColdCottage Fri 15-Aug-14 00:53:19

ik, do you mean grandmother? Trying to work this out?

BeatrixRotter Fri 15-Aug-14 00:56:06

Not a lie but an omission. All the adults around me who knew that my mother was dying.

myotherusernameiswittyandgreat Fri 15-Aug-14 00:58:42

My entire family telling me one man was my Father and his family were my grandparents, aunts, cousins etc when in fact he wasn't.

Completely turned my life upside down at the age of 10 and still have issues now.

I'm not bitter at all... hmm

4boysxhappy Fri 15-Aug-14 01:10:18

Snap but I was 14

Not sure I have had much issue with it as suspected from around 12. Also real father was alway in my life but they told me he was my godfather.

myotherusernameiswittyandgreat Fri 15-Aug-14 01:14:07

4boys I'm sorry you went through it too. It must have been a shock nonetheless.

I found my real Father eventually so I got a partial happy ending. It's just left me with a lot of issues.

4boysxhappy Fri 15-Aug-14 01:22:07

I think it gave me some real trust issues for years but have tried to turn it into a positive thing. I have a very large extented family now.

I was luck in that my bio father was alway in my life and we had a good relationship even if I didn't know who he was then. That really helped.

It had to be so much harder on you. Not knowing your father at all. Do you now have a relationship with your father if you found him?

myotherusernameiswittyandgreat Fri 15-Aug-14 01:25:42

Yes but it's not really a Father Daughter one, I call him Dad but don't really see him as one. It's very odd. I don't know what to say to him when we spend time together.

I have trust issues too. The person I thought was my Father didn't want me to find out and took it out on me when I did. He bullied me and made sure his family had nothing to do with me.

I've had counselling which has helped and I am thankful for knowing who I am now and where I come from smile

4boysxhappy Fri 15-Aug-14 01:39:30

I call my bio father by his first name because I always did. In cards for birthday or xmas I call him dad. My children call him grandad and he says that is odd because nobody has ever called him dad (he has no other children).

I think the grandkids have given us a lot to talk about and he came to the rescue when my marriage ended very badly. Plus luck that he stayed friends with my mother so a life time of stories there.

Sounds like you are well rid of your non bio dad. What a total sod. Not like you could help any of it. How do some people live with themselves.

Blamenargles Fri 15-Aug-14 02:30:29

mines the same as you 2, I didnt find out till I found the court papers.
my mum has still never told me anything about my real dad I have found out things from my grandma and FIL (he use to live near him)

luckly for me my "step" dad is my dad hes raised me since I was 2 I call him dad, he treats me exactly the same as my sisters. my DC are his grandchildren. I absolutely love and admire him.

my mum and him split 2 years ago but I see him more than my mum hes always inviting us up for tea and ringing to see if we are ok. he has told me he would be supportive if I ever wanted to find my "real" dad but I dont want too iv got this far without him I dont need him now

PinkLights Fri 15-Aug-14 03:09:20

That good things happen to good people.

I think never a good deed goes unpunished, is more accurate.

Gumblossom Fri 15-Aug-14 03:22:43

"I will buy the engagement ring as soon as I get paid" (no, we didn't get married).

" I'll pay back every cent of that $1000 (that your parents gave you to set up house with me) that I spent on Blow, I promise".

Same bastard. So glad I did.not.marry. him!

Gumblossom Fri 15-Aug-14 03:24:49

Oh gosh, mine seems pretty mild compared to others. Sorry for all the heart-ache you have experienced.

My boyfriend told me his mum was dead. I supported him through the grieving process. A while later he casually mentioned her and denied saying she had died.

SavoyCabbage Fri 15-Aug-14 04:51:16

"I won't take the job in Australia."

starsandunicorns Fri 15-Aug-14 06:52:47

Got lied to by the mother for 38 yrs finding out that dad was step dad who adopted me only found out as needed full birth cert and they couldnt find me but did find a person simlar nane same dob and place of birth so called the place up and asked wtf and a stranger said you were adopted

Intresting telephone call to the mother my sister knew at 10 yrs old and was told never to tell me

Never got to meet bio dad as he had died my mum lied to him saying i didnt want to know lied to my sister saying i knew

Was comming off ADs at the time it was fucking hoffric

squirrelweasel Fri 15-Aug-14 07:49:34

Found out at 21 that the man who I thought was my dad wasn't. I knew they got divorced before I was born but got back together when I was 6wks old.
Conversation went like this;
Mum: (as she has her coat on about to go to work) 'are you getting a copy of your full birth certificate today'
Me: 'yes'
Mum: 'well I have to tell you then that your dad isn't on your birth certificate'
Me: 'that's ok, I know you got divorced before I was born, he's still my dad'
Mum: 'no actually he isn't your dad, I had an affair. But if you ever tell your dad that you know I will never speak to you again, bye I'm off to work this is never to be mentioned again'.

As it was my parents split up for good when I was 3 but we had an amazing relationship. I was far closer to him than my sister (5yrs older) and brother (12yrs older). I respected him too much to ever tell him. He doted on my children his only grandchildren and spoilt them rotten. My grandmother always said I was his favourite, we would see each other every day.
When he died I was heartbroken and spent every possible hour with him in the chapel of rest by myself. I told him then that I knew and that I was so great full that he chose to be my dad.
It turns out that my sister knew from age 14 and my brother had always known because my mother used to have him keeping watch when she had the affair sad

WeeBlueWorm Fri 15-Aug-14 08:01:50

I met a woman on a chat room thing and we realised we were from the same area. We became friends and eventually swapped numbers. I was a single mum to my (then) 6 month old son and she had 2 children and was pregnant with baby number 3. We met up for a coffee. She showed me photos of her kids on her phone and chatted away about them and about her current pregnancy.

Fast forward a couple of months and she had stayed at my house after a night out etc. One day she called me in a lot of pain she had been sent home from work as she wasn't feeling well and she thought she might be in labour (29 weeks) I asked if she'd like me to watch the kids but she said it was all sorted. Later that night I got a text from her phone 'X had a baby girl, 4lbs 1ozs. X doing well and baby is in special care but doing great. X's Mum'

Anyway... My aunt works in the hospital cleaning the special care baby unit. I said to her about my friends baby in passing a few days after my friend had given birth and she told me there was only 2 babies in just now. Both were boys. I showed my aunt a photo of my friend I had taken on a night out. She said she knew her XX - a totally different name! It turned out that my aunt knew her and her Mum and she had never had any children at all.

helpmesolveaproblem Fri 15-Aug-14 08:08:52

'it doesnt matter'

this being said by my parents after an 'incident' with my brother when i was a child. nearly 30 years later, im still affected by it - so apparently it DID matter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now