Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

The Koala saga continues. Join me for more updates on the Soap Opera that is my life...

(1000 Posts)
MrsKoala Thu 14-Aug-14 13:16:39

Hi all. If you were on my other thread then this is where i will be living my life thru the medium of MN for the next 2 weeks.

If you were not on my other thread then welcome. Sadly it isn't really about Koalas and it probably isn't very exciting either. But my old thread is here if you want to catch up.

mistlethrush Thu 14-Aug-14 13:20:00

You'll need some tea and cakes for that duration brewcakecake and perhaps some flowers?

Any news on the single rooms - I think that would make a big difference.

When I was in for any length of time I managed to get allowed to make cups of tea - had an enormous mug that I would make on a regular basis and it made so much difference to be able to have decent tea.

wingcommandergallic Thu 14-Aug-14 13:21:46

We definitely need more cake around here.

[Cake]

wingcommandergallic Thu 14-Aug-14 13:22:11

cake

AnotherStitchInTime Thu 14-Aug-14 13:22:42

Hello - shameless place marking

enormouse Thu 14-Aug-14 13:23:22

Checking in. <shares out cheesecake and banoffee pie>

How did the monitoring go? Is koala Joey doing ok?

diddl Thu 14-Aug-14 13:23:59

Your dad definitely sounds as if he needs a project!

MrsKoala Thu 14-Aug-14 13:29:55

i've got biscuit but no cake. I'm just working my way thru a big mug of tea and a packet of chocolate digestives smile

No monitoring yet. They've kind of forgotten about me i think. Apparently i'm the 'star patient of the ward'. Ie i need no care whatsoever and never complain or ask for anything!

My dad needs a slap more than he needs a project Diddl. But sadly he's been let get away with his behaviour for far too long to change now.

enormouse Thu 14-Aug-14 13:31:31

Aaaw. Adorable koala!

Well some debate going on chez mouse, it might cheer you up. DS1s third birthday in October and we've decided to get him a tent.
This is what I want tasteful teepee
What Dp wants not as tasteful hmm
DS will probably agree with his dad. <sighs in a dejected manner>

ApplebyMennym Thu 14-Aug-14 13:35:44

Hello MrsKoala I followed your last thread and have decided to pop up on your new one and actually post!

I hope the next few weeks pass without too much stress for you, you really have been hit by the shitty stick recently.

AnotherStitchInTime Thu 14-Aug-14 13:38:03

I used to put myself on the monitor MrsK smile

HungryHorace Thu 14-Aug-14 13:40:50

I got forgotten quite a bit during my enforced hospital stint, MrsK...I think it's because you're there as a precaution rather than because you / baby is unwell.

I have to admit to feeling like a fraudulent bed hog, especially when the ward was busy.

The doctors used to not bother coming to see me either. It was a midwife who told me that my ELCS has been moved, in general conversation as if I should have known already!

I really hope you persuade them to do an earlier section. You've had the steroids (ouchy indeed!) so you may as well.

DS was 37 weeks by my date when he was born, not the 38 they had as their date as his 12 weeks scan moved me forwards a week. Though I think you said your date moved too, so would baby actually be 36 ish weeks if moved forwards?

I hope you get monitored soon so you can ask about your BP.

MrsKoala Thu 14-Aug-14 13:41:16

However, good news on the romance front. DH has sent me in a book about the spread of Avian Flu and a possible coming pandemic. For when i've finished the riveting History of the AK-47 of course. The old suave old dog certainly knows how to please a lady in the book department - he bought me 'the history of electricity' for xmas one year. confused grin

Just on the monitor now and all looking good. MW said she's not going to re-check my BP as she doesn't think it's worth worrying about. So. err. that's good. i think.

MrsKoala Thu 14-Aug-14 13:45:08

oh and i have a date for the section...2nd Sept! wtf! that's at 39wks. no dates available any earlier apparently.

what;s the school year cut off?

Jaysus Koala, you haven't half been through it!

Whilst I'm sure your DH has excellent taste is books wink

Is there anything you actually would like to read? Am happy to post over a few books!

As riveting as Avian flu is....

Sorry Enormouse...the tardis is amazing!!

enormouse Thu 14-Aug-14 13:49:41

Those do seem a bit depressing heavyweight.

HungryHorace Thu 14-Aug-14 13:55:30

2nd Sept?!?! Bloody hell. That's crazy.

Your baby will be the oldest in the school year though, unless someone has 1st as their birthday as 31st Aug is the cut off.

If you bleed again is it EMCS for you instead?

MrsKoala Thu 14-Aug-14 13:57:12

sorry enormouse - i'm with the tardis tent gang too. Much more fun.

MrsKoala Thu 14-Aug-14 13:59:40

Oh i thought the cut off was the 5th or something? If it isn't then i wont make a fuss and i will try to keep the joey in till then. DS is 12th sept so i'd rather they were 2 yrs apart instead of 1 in school. I know it's a pain but i'd rather stay for an extra few days (if i can) and have him an oldest than a youngest.

MrsKoala Thu 14-Aug-14 14:01:44

I have not read a book since i was pregnant with DS. I have actually no idea what books are out there anymore.

History of the AK47, a book on the spread of bird flu, and a book on the history of electricity?? Blimey - your dh is worse at choosing books than my dFIL is - and this is the man who bought dh 'Loos of Cornwall' for christmas one year, and ds3 a book on Cornish cheeses, and another one on the history of the cornish pasty for his 13th birthday!!

Can you get onto amazon and order some better books?

Moominmalarky Thu 14-Aug-14 14:03:47

School cut off is 31st August.

What riveting reading your dh supplies! Could you Amazon order him some Jilly Cooper as a fair swap?

I thought Pembury was all single rooms?! However, come to think of it, that information was supplied by an estate agent - possibly not a reliable source! Gutted if it's not though (both for you and poss for me in the future!)

Are there any other 'long-timers' on the ward with you to make friends with?

Cut off for school is def the 31st August. my DD is the 1st Sept and is the oldest in her class.

This thread is not accepting new messages.