Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Dull question alert: which breastpads don't leave that oh so obvious 'wtf has she got stuffed in her bra?' look

(30 Posts)

I am returning to work from maternity leave in 3 months and given that I regularly leak (still!) I need breastpads that don't draw attention.

Has anyone found the ultimate discreet breastpad? I don't want to rely on covering up with a jacket all the time, and tidemarks from dried milk are pretty gross.

Beemer30 Thu 14-Aug-14 09:50:19

I think theLansinoh ones were the best when I used them. I tried the Naty ones but they were not sticky and were quite bulky to wear.

ClariceBeanthatsme Thu 14-Aug-14 09:54:39

Yes I too found lansinoh the best. They are very thin and comfortable.
I tried lots of others and found them too chunky and some really scratch. You get what you pay for.

jenniuol Thu 14-Aug-14 10:03:10

A third recommendation for lansinoh. They were definitely the best I found.

buddles Thu 14-Aug-14 10:04:03

4th for Lansinoh! They were brilliant.

Tricycletops Thu 14-Aug-14 10:05:18

5th for Lansinoh - no others were any good for me!

I found it helped to use a combination of fleece washable pads and disposable ones. The larger fleece ones have a much smoother outline, help to keep the disposable ones in place and form an extra leak barrier.

MissHC Thu 14-Aug-14 10:06:15

Here also Lansinoh. I also tried Tommie Tippee ones - they didn't stick and I found them very fiddly to use.

Philips Avent ones were really good too, but not much better than the Lansinoh ones and twice the price.

bambinibop Thu 14-Aug-14 10:06:38

I use supermarket cheap ones but they do show under some tops if I was going back to work I'd get the lanisoh ones they are much more discrete

pickles184 Thu 14-Aug-14 10:07:55

Lansinoh recommendation here as well, better than the others I tried

mausmaus Thu 14-Aug-14 10:09:28

tommytippie and lansinoh are large and very thin.

I think Lilypadz are more subtle.

TheFirmament Thu 14-Aug-14 10:18:00

Agree with maus, you need the big, thin ones, not the little chunky ones and Lansinoh are the best, worth every penny.

Also your pads will be less obvious with a smooth bra with a discreet layer of padding. I discovered these during my last pg bravado nursing bra and they are so good I still wear them 4 years on.

OK, lansinoh ones it is grin. I will buy some next time I am near a large chemist (anyone seen any deals around recently?).

A good point about Lilypadz. I used to own some but either never used them right or they just didn't work for me. I think at the time my nipples were very sore and they hurt to peel off <shudder>

Fleece washable pads are a good idea too - I will have a look in to these. Annie do you have any recommendations of what to look out for?

Bravado nursing bras don't come up in my size. I'm a 32GG at the moment and am going to get well fitted regular bras for when I'm in the office to avoid the monoboob nursing bras always give me (which look so good under fitted workwear).

VeryPunny Thu 14-Aug-14 10:30:52

Lansinoh all the way. I tried some reusables but they were pants - wouldn't stay in place and bunched up.

MissBeans Thu 14-Aug-14 10:37:06

Tommee Tippee or Lanisoh

Sorry, quietbatperson, it's been 6 years since I used any so I can't remember. But if you go to an online reusable nappy shop they're bound to have recommendations. But even a triangle of thick-ish fleece cut to fit your bra cup would help smooth the outline of a pad.

Vix286 Thu 14-Aug-14 10:59:26

quietbatperson agree with the Lansinoh breast pads.

For big size nursing bras without mono boob I have Anita ones, they can be £36 each but are underwired and fit really well. I have a 36 H or 34 I!

I get them fitted in a shop and then buy cheaper online at the nursing bra shop, haven't got a link but google should bring it up.

Good point about Anita bras, I'd forgotten about them grin. Bravissimo don't stock them because it's against their own guidance that nursing mothers should not use bras with underwire but will sell extremely shit Royce bras instead

Vix286 Thu 14-Aug-14 11:15:58

Found the link:

www.nursingbra-shop.co.uk

This gives some quite good priced ones! I go to a local independent shop, get measured, buy one and then buy any more on line.

Beemer30 Thu 14-Aug-14 11:21:57

I'm just sat in Lloyds pharmacy waiting for a prescription and they have a 24 pack of Lansinoh pads for £2.89.

Thank you Beemer. I will use that as a benchmark while I'm out and about.

I need to go on another nursing bra hunt I think.

VeryLittleGravitasIndeed Thu 14-Aug-14 11:47:35

I stick Lansinoh disposable pads to the inside of foam bra inserts like these - no visible pad line that way and very absorbent.

DoYouThinkSheSawUs Thu 14-Aug-14 11:50:18

Little lamb washables.

So much comfier than disposables, last forever (I only have 5 pairs and they are on their second child), more absorbent than any disposable I found as well - especially when prewar he'd a fair few times.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now