Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

I have had a bit of a crap day. I need sympathy immediately.

(40 Posts)
AtYourCervix Wed 13-Aug-14 21:34:20

But don't touch me. I don't do hugz.

Even [gin] <<flavoured with a smidgen of elderflower>> isn't cheering me up.

And I hate work and I'm never going back.

Plomino Thu 14-Aug-14 00:38:37

I had a shitty work day today too . I used the f word 37 times in one sentence before 7am without drawing breath . And then it got much worse . And I'm 43 . And results day for ds1 tomorrow who is still awake and fretting , and next week for ds2 and ds3 , neither of whom could care less .

Oldieandgoldie Thu 14-Aug-14 00:36:17

Huh! You think you've got problems.....
not only do I like that elderflower gin stuff blush, but next month I shall be 40 50 60 shock!!!!
(How on earth did that happen?)

(the age, not the gin wink)

hoboken Thu 14-Aug-14 00:13:59

Cervix, 40 qualifies as a baby! I didn't have a bad day 'cos I lurked in bed for most of it.

Stratter5 Thu 14-Aug-14 00:07:22

Ugh, results day is next week for us. DD is becoming more and more twitchy and grumpy as it nears sad

Shodan Thu 14-Aug-14 00:05:29

40 is nothing.

I will be 46 this year.

Ds1 is 18 and in bed, all nonchalant-like, while I am still up and gnawing at my fingernails because tomorrow is RESULTS DAY. I want to go to bed and sleep, but I am an insomniac, so it's a bit pointless.

And anyway, it can't be right, having a son that old. I mean, I only left school a couple of years ago...

CuttedUpPear Wed 13-Aug-14 23:57:50

This year I will be 49

sad

And I have a headache from squinting at spreadshits all day. And not managing to conquer them.

Stratter5 Wed 13-Aug-14 23:48:14

In another week, I will be FORTY SEVEN.

<cries>

But if you share my birthday, we were born on the same day as Dorothy Parker.

ouryve Wed 13-Aug-14 23:01:45

And 40 is fine.

44 is proving a bit of a challenge, though. Dry rot and broken windows [squints at screen]

ouryve Wed 13-Aug-14 22:58:59

Oh dear sad

flowers

Ah yes Mrsjayy - and the process is accelerating. I have dry rot in the basement and deathwatch beetle.

Mrsjayy Wed 13-Aug-14 22:46:49

Bits falling off are you just decaying TAT

ElephantsNeverForgive Wed 13-Aug-14 22:35:05

I may have wine, I left it downstairs, I have a 16yo DD who may have had seconds.

She got a taste for Zinnfendel at 3 (naughty childless colleagues of DHs at a BBQ) she has not improved.

40? 40 is nothing. Spring chicken and all that.

I passed 40, amongst others, some time ago and I have bits falling off now. 40 would be just lovely, thank you. I never abducted wasps when I was a mere 40 you know.

AtYourCervix Wed 13-Aug-14 22:07:05

Ouch.

Off to bed now. I'm done with today.

JuanPotatoTwo Wed 13-Aug-14 22:05:47

Sympathies Cervix, try Guinness if gin isn't doing it for you. Talc - I had a very similar experience once but with a mouse smile And, only yesterday, whilst using the loo, I realised that planting a plant that attracts bees right outside your downstairs loo window is not a necessarily a good or sensible thing. But I don't wish to talk about that particular experience just now blush.

olaflikeswarmhugs Wed 13-Aug-14 22:04:48

I'm glad your all having a laugh at my expense only cervix is allowed to laugh at me gringrin

Get the tunes on cervix . wink

Talc maybe he found a nest and performed a coup and became supreme ruler of the wasps ?

AtYourCervix Wed 13-Aug-14 22:01:14

And another thing.

In a week I will be 40.

Fuck me that is seriously awful. Urgh.

AtYourCervix Wed 13-Aug-14 22:00:32

Poor poor wasp!

The gin is kucking in and the lurve and I am slightly less narked than I was.

Sorry you have had a rubbish day, AYC. thanks

I made a wasp homeless earlier this week. He had clambered into the car without me noticing and I drove him over 200 miles from his family and friends. When I opened the boot as we arrived at home, he flew out in a state of disorientation and immediately picked a fight with a local hoverfly, before buzzing off to find his bearings. Do they have a homing instinct?

AtYourCervix Wed 13-Aug-14 21:50:45

Poor dead wasp.

Poor Olaf.

Mrsjayy Wed 13-Aug-14 21:44:31

I am not laughing at peey wasp lady nope

Mrsjayy Wed 13-Aug-14 21:43:08

Bastard wasps I killed one today as I shut the window quickly it battered into it and fell I have no remorse

AtYourCervix Wed 13-Aug-14 21:42:45

See. I love you lot. You are just lovely and understand

AtYourCervix Wed 13-Aug-14 21:41:50

Stupid things that get on my tits.

shouldn't let it get to me but sometimes it does.

i'll be back to my normal pessimistic self tomorrow.

MrsVamos Wed 13-Aug-14 21:41:27

Awww, AYC.

<tilts head>

<offers bucket of wine>

<<snogs>>

Want a nice footbath ?

<fills washing up bowl and staggers>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now