Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Anyone awake? On a night shift and my colleague isn't speaking to me. Long, miserable night.

(25 Posts)

Pretty upset actually.

Dumbleweed Sat 09-Aug-14 02:41:14

I'm awake? How long to go?

Thanks for replying. Just under 6 hours. Why is it never busy when you want it to be?!

I'm up doing the night feed.
What's happened?

emotionsecho Sat 09-Aug-14 02:44:29

I'm awake too.

Dumbleweed Sat 09-Aug-14 02:44:35

Can gout invent something to do? Or wear earphones?

Is she just tonight she's not talking to you? Or a regular thing?

Dumbleweed Sat 09-Aug-14 02:45:09

You not gout!!!

SecretWitch Sat 09-Aug-14 02:45:48

How awkward and uncomfortable! Do you want to talk about the situation or do you want some distraction?

AlpacaMyBags Sat 09-Aug-14 02:47:26

Why isn't she talking to you? is she 5? can you channel The Office and put her stapler in jelly?

She can be a bit 'difficult', but I've never been on the receiving end before. Normally we get on really, really well but I've upset her by going over her head to the boss about something. Only I wasn't intending to go over her head, but she's taken it that way and accused me of having a tantrum. It actually happened weeks ago but she's decided to have it out with me tonight.

Reading that back it all sounds like gobledegook. The long and short of it is that I've accidentally upset her, I've apologised now I know that she's upset, but she's still acting like the ice queen.

Dumbleweed Sat 09-Aug-14 02:55:03

You could not play her game and just carry on as normal, offering drinks, talking about news or whatever you normally talk about.

Can't be anymore uncomfortable than sitting in silence?

SecretWitch Sat 09-Aug-14 02:55:16

I would let her be. If she want to have a strop, leave her to it. She sounds most unprofessional. I would continue to be pleasant and go about your rounds. Hopefully, her snit will only last for this night. I feel for you, OP. Tough coping with a colleague with mercurial moods..

Nothing you can do with a childish drama llama. I speak from experience with DH.

Let them stew & ignore it. Say 'Ive apologised, there's nothing more I can do' and act like its all fine.

emotionsecho Sat 09-Aug-14 03:05:16

Good advice Last, if you just don't engage with the latest strop and carry on as you normally do it wrong foots them.

Alternatively you could go Alpaca's route and put her stapler in jelly smile

Nalia Sat 09-Aug-14 03:16:33

Alternatively you could go Alpaca's route and put her stapler in jelly

Or wrap everything on her desk in tin foil. Including the desk.

Cerisier Sat 09-Aug-14 03:26:16

Yup just ignore. She can choose to be upset or choose to move on. It is up to her. Hope you are getting busier to take your mind off her moodiness.

fortheloveofmike Sat 09-Aug-14 03:29:21

Hi.. nightshifts are bad enough without drama!! Just ignore her and try and amuse yourself. What sort of job do you do?

kirsten123 Sat 09-Aug-14 03:55:25

Hello, Mrs

I am here. Feeling your pain.

Defo go with the reverse-psychology - offer her a banana or something nice. But not OTT.
That's level 1.

If you want level 2-47, you will have to provide more info.
:-)

MOST IMPORANTLY - YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

- for the avoidance of doubt, are you a night-shift nurse or something else critical?!

Chin up!

kirsten123 Sat 09-Aug-14 04:03:34

BTW - secret level 2-47 involves ADVANCED techniques of:
1) kidnapping their garden gnomes and purporting to send postcards there-from; (possibly involving cut-off ceramic ears);
2) torture involving loom-bands;
3) etc

Hope this wee bit of comedy helps, OP!

Blueuggboots Sat 09-Aug-14 04:06:21

I'm on a night shift too.

It's a full moon and it's SHIT!

I've not stopped all night and I've not eaten yet. Started at 1800 hours. Only got 2 hours to go!
Buy her chocolate and tell her to get over herself!!

Humansatnav Sat 09-Aug-14 04:07:59

Oh, ignore ignore ignore. What time do you come off shift ?

AdoraBell Sat 09-Aug-14 05:11:47

How old is she? She sounds about 12.

I need my bed so can't stay and chat tonight but just ignore her until she grows up and gets over herself. Hope that doesn't take too longhmm

Dumbleweed Sat 09-Aug-14 05:28:08

How you getting on? Still getting the death stare?

Only three hours to go until you can leave. Sheds on the other hand may remain a cock for a lot longersmile

Dumbleweed Sat 09-Aug-14 05:28:19

How you getting on? Still getting the death stare?

Only three hours to go until you can leave. Sheds on the other hand may remain a cock for a lot longersmile

sashh Sat 09-Aug-14 05:36:30

Hey.

I'm late tot he party.

Do you have a watering can? You could water her to see if it helps her grow up.

Or be extra super nice to wind her up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now