Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Not Very Clever things we have done today

(45 Posts)
JuanPotatoTwo Fri 08-Aug-14 20:15:09

I say "we" in the hope loads of people will confess to similarly Not Very Clever Acts (NVCA's) to make me feel better smile

First NVCA - put our king size duvet out to air this morning. Forgot about it til about 20 minutes ago. Not sure about the rest of the country but it's absolutely tipping it down here ...

Second NVCA - spent about 10 mins looking for my specs. Found them on top of my head.

Third, and possibly worst, NVCA - banged my head on the wall in front of someone (whilst casually tossing hair, as you do) I have mild crush on. Worst thing about this last one is that it's not the first time I have done this in front of this person.

leadrightfoot Fri 08-Aug-14 20:17:50

Went to work
With a broken ankle
All day
It hurts

CatKisser Fri 08-Aug-14 20:20:16

Had a seagull shit on my windscreen while I was in Asda car park. I knew my screen wash was empty so decided to bang the wipers on and pour bottled water onto the screen as I set off. The result was about a litre of bird shitty water being swept off the screen and into my open window, all over me. It was utterly disgusting!
NVC!

hoobypickypicky Fri 08-Aug-14 20:25:14

I'm having a lazy day supposed to be working from home. So far I've -

Run out in the front garden in only short-shorts and vest top (no undies, classy grin ) to get the cat in as it started tipping with rain. Then watched open-mouthed two seconds later as I dried myself off and she jumped out the window.

Accused someone of not returning an important household item and threatened all sorts only to find they'd returned it last night.

Sat on BoyCat.

Sniggered at Juan's hair-tossing, head banging activities. grin

JuanPotatoTwo Fri 08-Aug-14 20:27:10

Ooh lead, that sounds painful. How did you break it and why did you go in to work?

Cat - bloody seagulls and their shit. Admire your initiative though smile

JuanPotatoTwo Fri 08-Aug-14 20:30:10

hooby, despite your cat's ungrateful attitude, you will be rewarded someday maybe for your attempts to rescue it. I just looked at mine sitting, seemingly happily, in the rain and thought "stupid cat".

SantanaLopez Fri 08-Aug-14 20:31:45

I made myself a cup of a tea and tried to take the teabag out of the water my hand <sobs>

SantanaLopez Fri 08-Aug-14 20:31:53

*with my hand

Muskey Fri 08-Aug-14 20:42:09

Today has not been a vintage one in the Muskey household mostly because I am seriously deranged. First off I left my keys in the front door (inside of the house) shut the door with the keys in went shopping and found that I couldn't open the door. Had to call a locksmith out (he took longer to get to my house literally round the corner) than to open the door (five minutes tops) £85 poorer. Later on went to pick up dd but the road I usually use to go to dd friend house was closed. I got completely lost ( I have only lived in this town for about 20 years so you think I would know what I am doing) I then had to ask dds friends mother if she could help me find the car I could see her smirking which annoyed me slightly and then to top off a perfectly shitty day I had sat down and had a glass of wine or three when dd told me there was no bread fair enough I will pop down the shop. Couldn't drive as I had been drinking but thought I would miss the rain. Guess what I didnt

BeyoncesCat Fri 08-Aug-14 20:43:59

Carried over 2 stone baby into Aldi then had to do 2 trips from shop to car to get all the bags to the car cause I couldn't carry it all! grin

My arm hurts hmm

Got very stroppy with a potential client as i'd misheard what he said. Awkward...

17leftfeet Fri 08-Aug-14 20:46:48

I left the velux in my bedroom open when I went out having not checked the weather forecast

There is now a puddle on my bed and I'll be sleeping in the sofa until it drys out

EmmbadTheBad Fri 08-Aug-14 20:49:10

I fell asleep on the bus and when my head lolled backwards, my glasses - which were perched on the top of my head - fell into the lap of the person sitting behind me.

StrawberryMouse Fri 08-Aug-14 20:51:12

Went training while on my period. I know it half kills me and leaves me exhausted and lightheaded for the rest of the day but I woke up feeling energetic and thought I'd go for it.

Put dh's dinner on earlier while he took the dc out for a bit. They walked back in after an hour to black smoke and me fast asleep on the sofa in the kitchen. Idiot.

EvaBeaversProtege Fri 08-Aug-14 20:52:38

Had a tantrum in a local cafe as

a) they'd filled all their baked potatoes already, so I couldn't choose my own toppings.

b) when I asked for a ham salad they said I couldn't have it unless in a sandwich

c) I can't eat bread (gluten) so asked if the filling could just be laid out on a plate - the waitress said it must be a sandwich. I put the tray down & said sorry if I was making things complicated for her.

Dd (12) was angry at me.

I went to subway and had my salad my way.

Taffeta Fri 08-Aug-14 20:56:36

Warmed up tea in microwave. Accidentally set it to two minutes without checking. Picked up by the handle.

Have large burn blister on finger now. sad

YellowTulips Fri 08-Aug-14 20:58:18

Slept in till 3pm after a transatlantic night flight.

Slept right through the alarm and thus am still totally on US time :-(

Broke a mercury thermometer because I decided to tidy the bathroom. luckily a tiled floor so easy to clean up but aaaarrrrggghh.

Wh0dathunkit Fri 08-Aug-14 21:03:27

Accidentally told my boss he was shit at managing his department. Second time this week. I'm possibly at that "past the point of bloody caring so telling it like it is" phase, which either means I'm due a promotion, or I'll not be there in 3 months time.

Actually, that was more clever than scalding my hand on the tea making tap at work today because I was talking rather than concentrating....

JuanPotatoTwo Fri 08-Aug-14 21:15:13

Sorry to those of you who've injured yourselves and who've had proper serious shitty days, not just mildly embarrassing/irritating ones like me. Here's hoping you have good weekends.

Ds has just bought me a mango by way of consolation for my NVCA'S. Not sure if that says more about him or me smile

leadrightfoot Fri 08-Aug-14 21:16:52

<confession broken ankle walking upstairs>
Was bored and loads on and boss "expects" without actually saying "come in now"
So went to work
Slept like sh1t night before felt like crap all day
Now self medicating with wine and codeine

Also clinked mug eps together extra loudly when wanted more tea hopping to kitchen until someone offered to make it for me

Darquesse Fri 08-Aug-14 21:24:03

Went on a gyroscope and wad promptly sick. Just made it to the loo.

tilliebob Fri 08-Aug-14 21:27:02

Got pissed too early this evening after attending a funeral today.
Now attempting to make pancakes whilst quite trousered.

Muddlewitch Fri 08-Aug-14 21:31:14

Casually told the DC of my plans to marry Wolverine.

DD2 (6) now cannot sleep as she thinks he is going to slice my hand off when we exchange rings.

Also ran out of alcohol.

partialderivative Fri 08-Aug-14 21:43:36

Stuffed too many things in a Tesco plastic bag, which then split when I was walking home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now