Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Working nine to five what a way to make a living

(21 Posts)
NacMacFeeglie Fri 08-Aug-14 12:22:15

I'm just so happy I wanted to share smile I got a job grin

I've been a lone parent to four children for three years. Went back to college and passed my course. Just an nc but that nc just got me.a full time nine to five job that will fit with my children and their schooling.

I am so happy. One step closer to getting away from the benefit trap and the company are very keen to move their staff up the ladders grin

Coughle Fri 08-Aug-14 12:23:24

Congrats flowers

wigglesrock Fri 08-Aug-14 12:24:04

Well done and an extra smile for your title - of course I'm going to be singing it loudly all day now. Hope all goes well.

mindalina Fri 08-Aug-14 12:24:33

that's fantastic, well done x

ReeBee Fri 08-Aug-14 12:24:38

Congratulations!

footballagain Fri 08-Aug-14 12:25:09

Tumble outta bed and stumble to the kitchen, pour myself a cup of ambition..... wink

Well done you! Have a glass of what takes your fancy tonight wine

NacMacFeeglie Fri 08-Aug-14 12:26:05

Thank you thank thank you thank you grin

It means a lot to me. Just six months ago I was in crisis with a breakdown and never thought things would get better for my children and I. I certainly never dreamed I would be well enough to go back to fulltime work. It's a huge goal and I'm just delighted. Hope this doesn't come across as a smug boasty type post I'm just grin

DiaDuit Fri 08-Aug-14 12:30:03

Oh well done you OP. great news!

What is an 'nc'? <clueless>

NacMacFeeglie Fri 08-Aug-14 12:33:04

National certificate smile think it's the equivalent of a higher in digital media computing grin enough to get my foot in the door of one of the best IT companies in my town. Start at the bottom but someone has too grin

MsInterpret Fri 08-Aug-14 12:34:22

What great news and a lovely proud post, not boastful at all!

Congratulations to you and your family and best of luck for all the future holds. thanksthanksthanks

DiaDuit Fri 08-Aug-14 12:34:35

Well congrats. That is brilliant. Was the course hard? I'm starting access to uni in sept and worried about not being able to hack it.

AkkerDemik Fri 08-Aug-14 12:38:10

Congratulations! Your excitement and joy comes across so clearly, it doesn't make you a smug boasty type at all. It just makes you happy, and quite right too.
In fact I'm even prepared to overlook the fact that I suffer badly with earworms, and that song words written down trigger it worse than actually hearing a song, and I'm going to be singing it in my head for the rest of today and probably tomorrow grin.
Happy for you!

MissBeans Fri 08-Aug-14 12:38:32

Well done!! smile

Spinaroo Fri 08-Aug-14 12:38:43

That's fabulous! Well done- enjoy the rewards of your job smile

AWombWithoutARoof Fri 08-Aug-14 12:40:07

Yay! That's brilliant! Hope your new colleagues are lovely and the job is great. flowers

NacMacFeeglie Fri 08-Aug-14 13:13:18

My best friend and her husband already work there smile

Diaduit no it wasn't hard at all. But I did have a lot of computer knowledge when I started it. In terms of the work load again it wasn't hard. However I think those that knew nothing on the subject found it a bit more testing. I'm sure you will be fine and I hope you love it as much as I did mine grin

DiaDuit Fri 08-Aug-14 13:20:20

Thanks nac!

Best of luck in your new job.

FieldRose Fri 08-Aug-14 13:22:43

Well done! So pleased for you! Feel free to boast as much as you like.

bleedingheart Fri 08-Aug-14 13:26:04

Great news! Best of luck for the future!

NacMacFeeglie Fri 08-Aug-14 14:32:15

Thanks everyone smile bit calmer now grin

Icelollycraving Fri 08-Aug-14 14:35:25

Congratulations smile smile smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now