Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Things in kids programmes that annoy/baffle you

(113 Posts)
ipswichwitch Thu 07-Aug-14 15:58:00

DS1 loves Curious George. Recent episodes have had:
George getting a seat on a plane - so he can seemingly bend all animal transport and quarantine rules.
George being left in charge of a sweet shop- apart from environmental health laws and all the hair setting in the chocolates, the owner is shocked to find he's given most of the sweets away. HE'S A MONKEY FFS!
George allowed to mind a birthday cake in an Italian restaurant with all manner of mayhem involving a very stupid dog. How that restaurant is still open is beyond me.
George gets sent to outer space and all the scientists freak out that he's let all the creepy crawlers out the box in the space ship. Again, HE'S A MONKEY FFS.

I know in the grand scheme of things it's petty, but for some reason really gets my goat. What does your head in on kids TV, and which programmes would you gladly see the back of?

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 07-Aug-14 16:02:38

Just where are the parents? Dora goes wandering milked with only a monkey for company and a fix that gets in her way every time. She navigates hazards that should be supervised by adults.

It seems they ditched her when the twins came along

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 07-Aug-14 16:03:02

Miles

Marcipex Thu 07-Aug-14 16:05:33

Iggle Piggle with no life jacket.
Peppa Pig with sausage sandwiches in her lunchbox.

Sausage sandwiches shock

ipswichwitch Thu 07-Aug-14 16:10:55

Cannibalism? On kids TV?!?!?! Won't somebody please think of the children!!

trikken Thu 07-Aug-14 16:19:10

Mike the knight's family. Mum is queen, mike is knight, sister is a witch and dad a night. Doesn't seem right to me.

trikken Thu 07-Aug-14 16:23:37

*knight

Just what kind of post apocalyptic world are rosie, will and holly living in? Blue bears, rabbits, talking animals and trees, all in ott multicolour.

TheLostPelvicFloorOfPoosh Thu 07-Aug-14 16:30:44

There's an episode of Little Einsteins that features a kangaroo bouncing into outer space with a goldfish bowl on its head to recover some jumping beans to make soup for their rocket. Surely if the Little Einsteins were indeed Little Einsteins, they would have an inkling regarding the laws of physics? It should have been titled Little Stupid People.

dannydyerismydad Thu 07-Aug-14 16:33:18

I get the heebie jeebies every time Raa Raa chases Zebby. It won't end well for her.

PrueDent Thu 07-Aug-14 16:36:13

Really shock. Sausage sandwiches in Peppa Pig? I don't recall seeing any meat in PP!

TheMaw Thu 07-Aug-14 16:38:25

I fucking hate Mike the Knight for no reason I can articulate. It's just so shit.

Remembermyname Thu 07-Aug-14 16:39:57

Where are Sarah (and Duck)'s parents? How does her friend Dave have a pet flamingo?

As with Curious George, in the episode where Sarah and Duck agree to deliver the bread, how could her bicycle trailer be considered sanitary with a duck in it? When Duck ate the bread and they made some more, did they follow the proper hygiene regulations?

should probably stop watching sarah and duck

dannydyerismydad Thu 07-Aug-14 16:40:25

And Chuggington. It's a nightmare hotch potch of tracks which is an accident waiting to happen, services by a million trains, but never goods or passengers.

JimmyCorkhill Thu 07-Aug-14 16:44:14

Topsy and Tim's perfect behaviour. And that of their friends too. Where are all the arguments over toys and snatching and random tantrums? And why do they refer to the friends by first name and surname? DD1 doesn't know anyone's surname but her own.

KingJoffreysBloodshotEye Thu 07-Aug-14 16:44:31

Horrid Henry's mother.

She needs a hair wash and a slap.

I'd like to see her have a make over, ditch the husband and find herself a nice female companion instead.

PrueDent Thu 07-Aug-14 16:45:43

What about the way Peppa, George, and family all jump out of the car when they arrive at a destination. No one needs to help 2yo George unstrap his seatbelt and no one opens any doors. It annoys me.

Oh, and in the Bubbles episode of PP the clock shows 9 o'clock and Peppa and George are eating breakfast and having fizzy orange with it. They are 4 and 2 and have fizzy orange for breakfast. Great example for children!

MrsMikeDelfino Thu 07-Aug-14 16:46:50

Me Too programme. Are all the adults that insanely forgetful stupid that they forget the way to work EVERY. SINGLE. MORNING?!

DefiniteMaybe Thu 07-Aug-14 16:47:12

Jimmy my ds refers to all his friends as first name surname because that's what his teachers call them.

Yesyesanamechange Thu 07-Aug-14 16:47:18

Not cartoons but kids magazines. This drives me nuts.

Why are the disney princesses always in their dresses? Do they not own other clothes? Going for a walk in the woods? Wear a ball gown? Judging a cake competioton? Wear
Your one ball gown!

Also has anyone else noticed how Cinderella has become 'Barbie'd' and their hair and dresses have become a lot more frou frou.

CallusMcNarr Thu 07-Aug-14 16:50:00

Mr Maker-"I am a shape" ok so far, but then "I am a square". No you're fucking not mate, you're a cuboid-not even a fucking cube.
Boils my piss every time.

AnnaLegovah Thu 07-Aug-14 16:51:11

I want to know how Disney princesses manage to have a dump when they wear those huge frocks all the time.

MonkeyDLuffy Thu 07-Aug-14 16:51:21

Who lives in the other houses in Ponty Pandy?

ShutTheFuckUpBarbara Thu 07-Aug-14 16:52:26

For what it's worth, train movements in Thomas the Tank are very realistic according to DH.

<cough geek cough>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now