Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

If you were at a party

(53 Posts)
nowwearefour Tue 05-Aug-14 21:59:39

And crisps were on offer, what flavour would you hope to find there? Planning a big party and dh and I can't agree on which/ number of flavours to offer!!

LadyLemongrab Tue 05-Aug-14 22:04:38

Salted. Nice thick salted crisps.

I wouldn't buy salted crisps myself to eat at home, but that's because I know which flavours I like (cheesy, spicy, paprika etc). I'd hate to pick up a nice looking crisp and for it to be a rancid beefy flavour.

Can't go wrong with salted. Go well with a drink too.

Ideally ready salted, maybe salt and ginger, def. not meat flavours or anything weird like tomato ketchup.

Great subject for a thread!

Shia Tue 05-Aug-14 22:06:55

No to salt and ginger! ;)

Ready salted.

Salt and vinegar, obviously. Salt and ginger would definitely come into the category of weird!

Shia Tue 05-Aug-14 22:07:19

No to wotsits as well!

Only1scoop Tue 05-Aug-14 22:07:54

Plain tortilla type....balsamic kettle....sweet chilli. Yum

tweetypot Tue 05-Aug-14 22:09:53

Salt and ginger sounds quite nice to me grin

CerealMom Tue 05-Aug-14 22:11:00

Pickled onion Monster Munch

<stands alone in corner>

Oldieandgoldie Tue 05-Aug-14 22:11:38

Salt and ginger sounds lovely! :-)

missknows Tue 05-Aug-14 22:11:52

I would just like them labeled. Hate picking one up and tasting it to find out it wasn't what I was expecting. And NO mixing them- that's just horrendous. You taste one- yummy- I'll have a couple- go to eat the next- ewww!

SarcyMare Tue 05-Aug-14 22:14:07

can i add pom bears. and triple vote to NO mixing.

can you colour co-ord the bowls with the crisp flavours, so red- ready salted, blue- salt and vinegar

KillmeNow Tue 05-Aug-14 22:17:04

Plain salted would do for most things.

I hate that horrible realisation that the crisp you thought was ready salted is actually barbecue beef or sweet chilli .

Really ....why?

Salted
Nothing else

HemlockStarglimmer Tue 05-Aug-14 22:36:11

Not a great fan of crisps unless they're salt and vinegar. So if I were a guest I'd like you to provide ready salted. So that way I'd only have a couple rather than chowing my way through all the yummy vinegary ones.

Salt and vinegar Kettle chips
Or the chilli hot Doritos
And yes to no mixing - the horror of biting into an unexpected cheese and onion crisp is something I would wish on nobody (except maybe David Cameron).

FullOfChoc Tue 05-Aug-14 22:40:19

red sky bacon and cheese

HauntedNoddyCar Tue 05-Aug-14 22:41:22

Ready Salted please.
No mixed crisps.
I'm a coeliac and it's so nice to know what you're getting!

nowwearefour Tue 05-Aug-14 22:41:53

I am doing individual bags as is for so many people that bowls won't work. So cost is a factor too. Kids will be around as well...

Bowls would work out much cheaper.

PedantMarina Tue 05-Aug-14 22:45:53

Kettle chips New York Cheddar. or even the Aldi or Coop version.

But deffo the thick kind.

Have you city considered dips? Or is that the step too far...

BreadForBrains Tue 05-Aug-14 22:45:58

Oh I got those new Walkers (I think) crisps that were in a box shaped bag if you get me. The were something like garlic and herb pita chips, they were divine.
Other than that, I am very partial to a pickled onion monster munch, a bbq beef hula hoop, or a quaver.
<classy>

And no, I'm not a child grin

Madaboutthrows Tue 05-Aug-14 22:45:59

BBQ kettle chips

BreadForBrains Tue 05-Aug-14 22:47:34

Definitely not kettle chips though, bland stale evil things they are hmm

footballagain Tue 05-Aug-14 22:48:04

What sort of party is it?

I'd find it a bit odd to be presented with my own pack to contend with at the same time as a glass of something but I'm not sure I'm getting the context.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now