Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

MN commonwealth games closing ceremony party - grab a drink!

(471 Posts)

following on from the opening one

Grab a drink! I can't believe it's all over have loved it! Been to squash 3x, gymnastics and para sport power lifting.

WhatTheFork Sun 03-Aug-14 19:18:05

Here's me! Not going along (to Kelvingrove or Glasgow Green) due to weather. I have wine.

Lesnewth Sun 03-Aug-14 19:25:08

Am ready to embrace my Scottish roots, have really enjoyed watching these games.

Got Pimms to drink so I'm ready to go! smile

Dd is off to the closing ceremony with GP's.

She's so excited. I am excited at te prospect of a night of peace and gin grin

BasketzatDawn Sun 03-Aug-14 19:29:21

Never did get back down -from Perthshire - but enjoyed seeing bits on TV and news reports on web and papers. It begins at 8? Again, I'll be listening on Radio Scotland as we've no TV.

Lesnewth Sun 03-Aug-14 19:32:08

Looking forward to seeing Deacon Blue.

My friend is in it! She is hyper just now!

I am going to miss all the free fun at Glasgow green! It was great!

Olddear Sun 03-Aug-14 19:40:01

Loved the games. My home city looked great and I'm so proud of dear old Glasgow!!

WhatTheFork Sun 03-Aug-14 19:45:25

Might take a wander down to Clydeside to see the fireworks. Anyone know what time they are?

candycrushhater Sun 03-Aug-14 19:46:04

The games have been amazing! I have cava and nibbles lined up for this evening. We've been into Glasgow a few times just to saunter round and soak up the atmosphere. I also went to the wrestling with my Dad - it was tremendous. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself after tonight - no sport to watch all day on the telly!

InkleWinkle Sun 03-Aug-14 19:50:37

Looking forward to Deacon Blue.

FannyFifer Sun 03-Aug-14 19:53:32

Glasgow has totally done Scotland proud, has been a fantastic games.

So many highlights.
Wee Charlie Flynn getting gold in the boxing. His interview was superb!
youtu.be/xy_TlbvPK0k

Lynsey Sharp getting her silver after being on a drip all night as she was unwell.

And the legend that is Usain Bolt dancing to the Proclaimers.
m.bbc.co.uk/sport/commonwealth-games/28626764

Looking forward to closing ceremony. grin

scottishmummy Sun 03-Aug-14 19:54:21

Right,cuppa tea,masque thingy on hair,deep moisturise mask on face
Gonnae paint nails
Wahey I'm pure dead mental

KissMyFatArse Sun 03-Aug-14 19:56:14

Chinese been eaten, wine chilling and Jammies on! Can't wait! Deacon blue woo hoo!

Was at glasgow green few days ago and it was fab. Atmosphere amazing (as was the wine and loch fyne oyster bus wink) can't wait till it starts! X

scottishmummy Sun 03-Aug-14 19:59:50

How was the chinese?whit did you have

Olddear Sun 03-Aug-14 20:03:00

Charlie thanking his ma for daein' his wash in' lol!!!!!

SmartiesMakeMeNaughty Sun 03-Aug-14 20:03:50

Evening ladies. It's been lots of fun - so many amazing free activities and performances. It has felt like being on holiday at home.
I've got some prosecco and I'm going to manicure my manky nails.

Olddear Sun 03-Aug-14 20:04:49

Charlie thanking his ma for daein' his washin' lol!!!

storytopper Sun 03-Aug-14 20:05:25

Have loved every minute. I was at the athletics on Wednesday - and the Merchant City and Glasgow Green. DS2 and his friends were there on Friday. Hampden is amazing.

Shame the great weather couldn't have lasted another 2 days for the final events but for Scotland it has been pretty good.

Looking forward to the closing ceremony.

Checking in. I was at the opening ceremony, and the bowls one night. It's been great, but with so many friends visiting Glasgow, I've been out eating and drinking far too much. I've been on the verge of nodding off at work a few times.

KissMyFatArse Sun 03-Aug-14 20:25:45

Scottishmummy, (it wasn't all for me! Shared between 3 before u think I'm a greedy munter) wink

Salt and pepper ribs
Spring rolls
Chicken curry
Fried rice
Chicken chow mein
Chips
Crackers!

Tah dah! Was yum.

Oh has anyone visited the irn bru store? I had to get a hoody and a couple of 'fanny magnets'

Yes I realise how classless I sound right now winkwink

139 started the road race and 12 finished? Bloody hell! That's Glasgow rain!

I didn't go to Merchant city at all so no Irn Bru store sad . Was at Glasgow Green lots.

Looking for me and Nettosuperstar in these highlights!

Shenanagins Sun 03-Aug-14 20:35:22

It has been fantastic with some world-class competitors. I have loved watching it and the atmosphere in the city has been amazing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now