Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Waving not Drowning

(1000 Posts)
Catmint Fri 01-Aug-14 20:21:03

The wavers have been running for over 10,000 posts so far and our ethos is simple; everyone is welcome to join in for chat, support and general madness and we don't do bunfights.

There are some regular Wavers and some intermittent Wavers. But if you want to feel visible, here is a place for you.

See the thread as a lavender scented safe haven. Kind of like a health spa.

We have fantasy trolleys of food, scantily clad waiters and interesting conversation.

Come and join us!!

ComfortablySatOnAMarshmallow Fri 01-Aug-14 20:24:50

<Runs in to wave madly, scurries back out>

tuckingfablet Fri 01-Aug-14 20:24:55

<sits down and pulls slanketofjoy around her>

Hi guys! How are we all?

DiaDuit Fri 01-Aug-14 20:26:26

ooh I've never noticed a waver thread before. I thought this was something about drowning people not waving around like you'd expect blush

so what do you talk about on waving threads?

Catmint Fri 01-Aug-14 20:33:23

Waves at Duit.

We talk about everything and nothing. smile

It wasn't actually my turn to start this thread but I'm avoiding my in laws. I'm really sorry Hawk, I know you had claimed this one...

Tell us about yourself Duit.

tuckingfablet Fri 01-Aug-14 20:34:28

what don't we talk about in a wavey thread dia grin

Catmint Fri 01-Aug-14 20:35:18

The thread title is a reference to some wavers having a bit of a hard time in RL at the moment. But they are still waving, not drowning.

DidoTheDodo Fri 01-Aug-14 20:35:43

Hello everyone. Hello diaduit. <waves wildly at all and cheers the Commonwealth games people>

HumpsForHalfMile Fri 01-Aug-14 20:36:36

<waves>

diaduit, we mostly talk complete shit but are kind and lovely in a sea of angst and unreasonableness. We also use creepy wee brackets a lot....

I've seen you around this week. Can't think which threads though. Next time, I shall wave (unless it's somewhere completely inappropriate...)

Can anyone point me to last thread? I lost it. And I was sure I was going to be post 10,000...

Oh dear. I'm having an outbreak of Ellipses Overuse. I'm sure that's a bannable offence...

<goes off to get emergency ellipsisectomy>

DidoTheDodo Fri 01-Aug-14 20:38:08

On that subject why do the divers wear such tiny speedos? I don't know where to look.

Redefined Fri 01-Aug-14 20:39:17

<waves hello to DiaDuit >
Welcome to the surreal world of wavers"! we talk about everything under the sun including long running insane conversations about naked waiters, invisible food trolleys, and goats
Can you tell us something about yourself? ......other wavers have offered insights ranging from owning up to crocheting, to going commando. We are not judgemental ....just nosey grin

Minty huge apology for the holding zone cockup

<sits inside grannybox while blushes fade>

Catmint Fri 01-Aug-14 20:43:41

No probs Red!

So, DP and MIL are discussing parasitoid wasps. This is not my idea of fun.

DidoTheDodo Fri 01-Aug-14 20:44:36

We like animals and cake and being friendly. It's a bit like a playgroup for grown ups.

Redefined Fri 01-Aug-14 20:47:15

HUUUUUUMP .... how are you? if its an offence, then I am overdue banning by several years!!
perp .... how is DH today? are you run ragged nursing?

Dido I just don't wear my glasses for diving coverage grin

O have just finished building a new duck pond! and have the bruises and scrapes to prove it. <stands on granny box to declaim good advice>
Do not fall in your own hole

HumpsForHalfMile Fri 01-Aug-14 20:48:16

Play group!

With nick knowles Dermot, naked!

Oh my.

DidoTheDodo Fri 01-Aug-14 20:51:01

Excellent granny advice red. I shall follow it diligently. Like a wise man and a star.
Why do new wavers never return? Are we (hush) weird??

HumpsForHalfMile Fri 01-Aug-14 20:53:12

Are we too enthusiastic?

Redefined Fri 01-Aug-14 20:53:27

ummmm .... yes?

tuckingfablet Fri 01-Aug-14 20:59:42

perhaps they think we are a kind of cult that kills people with niceness? or the fact the vast majority some people just want bunfights and judgey pants being hoiked that a friendly thread of inconsequential chatter bores them?

<goes back to snuggling into slanketofjoy and quietly rocking backwards and forwards>

Redefined Fri 01-Aug-14 21:06:19

Careful now tuck ... I have massive judgey pants.
In fact, I probably have a VPL!

To be honest, I don't really care. these days. The mildly loopy nice people stay, and make this place a pleasure. We have never lost the ethos of simply being a safe place to be, and being genuinely friendly to new posters. If its not for everybody, then they have a mass of other areas to play in.

How is the gorgeous tinytuck

HawkeyeInChaos Fri 01-Aug-14 21:07:53

<sulks because minty stole my chance to start the new wavey thread>

<fails to remain grumpy for long and forgives minty>

DidoTheDodo Fri 01-Aug-14 21:10:55

Ah the good wisdom of red... I'm afraid we might look cliquey. But then again, we are not cliquey so what the hell. Now I am rambling.

Oh here comes Jerusalem again. Hurrah!

DidoTheDodo Fri 01-Aug-14 21:12:33

England are getting so many medals I am thinking even I might get one. What sport is suitable for a plump 50 something?

treaclesoda Fri 01-Aug-14 21:13:53

why have I never noticed these threads before? I've been around for ages...You ladies sound non scary which is always a good start!

treaclesoda Fri 01-Aug-14 21:15:59

I was just listening to Jerusalem there and thinking it's very rousing.

I don't even know what they play when my lot win a gold, because I don't think they've won any!

This thread is not accepting new messages.