Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Little acts of rebellion against your children ....

(88 Posts)
HotPinkWeaselWearingLederhosen Fri 01-Aug-14 20:01:08

I got a voucher for a Krispy Creme Doughnut today.

I could have used it to get two at reduced cost for each of the offspring but instead I got one for me for free, as I was shopping on my own and scoffed it on the way home.

Mmmmn, selfish doughnut.

My friend has a pair of Toms and a Superdry Jacket, that she hides in the top of her wardrobe and only wears when her daughter is at school grin

springlamb Fri 01-Aug-14 20:02:23

I put spring onions into the salad tonight and just thought 'they can lump it'.
Nothing was said so I guess they can read their Mummy's mood very well by now.

Isabelleforyourbicycle Fri 01-Aug-14 20:03:58

Sometimes I scoff chocolate raisins by the handful straight from the fridge. If a child enquires as to what I'm eating, I tell them it's cheese.

Ha ha.

lucysmam Fri 01-Aug-14 20:07:04

If there's only one chocolate bar (or other small treat left), I hide behind the tall cupboard door and eat it rather than split it between the two of them (it's actually a very good hidey place - the cupboard opens behind the kitchen door, they sometimes walk straight past me grin )

XmasMenace Fri 01-Aug-14 20:07:15

I keep a secret packet of chocolate in a high cupboard they can't reach and when I go to 'wash up' I scoff away safe in the knowledge no-one will want to come by and help with the dishes grin

I hide the posh ice cream or won't make the nigella crunchy peanut bars as asked

Ds1 always breaks his earphones then wants mine, I pre-emt him by losing mine, he hates buying his own.

These times don't occur often but they do exist

*Preempt.

OHforDUCKScake Fri 01-Aug-14 20:42:18

Ive bought some lush biscuits in preperation for the start of British Bake Off. And despite the fact that I bought two boxes, I hid them away from tiny eyes and have absolutely no intention of sharing them. Not even one.

HotPinkWeaselWearingLederhosen Fri 01-Aug-14 20:49:21

It feels so good to get one one over the man, doesn't it? grin

I like the chocolate and washing up. I'd be all like "in your face....hah" then choke a bit if they came in suddenly.

I make mine a really boring ham toastie so that they won't eat my one which is stuffed full of cheese, pesto, crisps and all sorts of yummy things.

I drink coke all day long out of a wine glass. They think it's red wine so don't nag for some.

Win.

Plomino Fri 01-Aug-14 20:55:58

When DS1 suddenly wants me to run him into town immediately for some reason , I suddenly urgently need to wash my hair , change my shoes , bimble about finding my bag, my keys , my phone ........ Not every time , just every so often . Reminds him not to do the 'in a minute ' every time I ask him to do something !

poshfrock Fri 01-Aug-14 20:56:34

I keep emergency chocolate in the glove box and eat it when I "have to get something from the car".

lucysmam Fri 01-Aug-14 21:00:11

grin I like how so many of these revolve around chocolate!

AnnoyedByAlfieBear Fri 01-Aug-14 21:06:31

I'm loving these and noting them down for when dc get older

PseudoBadger Fri 01-Aug-14 21:09:53

The JL cake voucher. It's mine.

imip Fri 01-Aug-14 21:18:10

My dcs claim to hate onions... Oldest is v picky and thinks she is allergic to everything!

I love cooking with my magi mix as i can easily double the amount of onions required in a recipe (because i love them and they need more veg) - they don't even know it is in there, I do it with courgette and red pepper too!

It feels soooo good....

HotPinkWeaselWearingLederhosen Fri 01-Aug-14 21:32:05

Stealth vegetabling is brilliant. It's the nearest thing to knowing what it's like to be an evil Bond villain.

Who needs sharks with laser beams when you can watch their sweet innocent faces scoffing cunningly disguised kale.

Monkey face, that's genius, but .....

What to do when they tell their friends that mummy starts drinking wine at 10am? grin

They do. They tell everyone all mummy drinks is wine.

Means when I get presents for birthday/xmas/end of terms etc, they all know to buy me wine. Win win.

They do. They tell everyone all mummy drinks is wine.

Means when I get presents for birthday/xmas/end of terms etc, they all know to buy me wine. Win win.

HotPinkWeaselWearingLederhosen Fri 01-Aug-14 22:44:05

grin

lucysmam Fri 01-Aug-14 22:44:16

monkey, I think I need to switch from coffee to wine grin wink

ValerieTheVodkaFairy Fri 01-Aug-14 22:48:02

Watch out everyone, there was a thread last year where the majority thought that hiding food for your children/having parent only treats, was akin to child abuse grin

HotPinkWeaselWearingLederhosen Fri 01-Aug-14 22:49:41

Yeah I remember that, but that's because they abide by the rules.

We're rebels.

DisgraceToTheYChromosome Fri 01-Aug-14 22:51:39

Up until DD turned 14, I was able to prevent chip theft by putting Encona Hot on them.

Sadly she now has an asbestos palate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now