Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

WWYD? Neighbour knocked on the door asking if I reported her dog?

(26 Posts)
BridgettRousselot Fri 01-Aug-14 15:32:21

I have no idea if she knocked on anyone else's door. She asked me if I reported her for her dog and said she had a letter that they were investigating her to see if she was looking after her dog properly. She explained why the dog is out in the garden and said she is very upset as her dog is like her child.

I said hello to this neighbour when they moved in and she wasn't interested so I have had nothing to do with her, and this is the first proper interaction I have had with her.

FanjoForTheMammaries Fri 01-Aug-14 15:33:53

I would just say "no I didnt"

MaidOfStars Fri 01-Aug-14 15:34:52

Did you report her dog?

BridgettRousselot Fri 01-Aug-14 15:38:17

Yes I said it wasn't me. She asked me over and over. I was a bit shocked at first, now I am wondering why she knocked on my door.

She seemed to want to explain herself and tell me how sad it made her. Why is she coming around telling me all of this?

Saganoren Fri 01-Aug-14 15:42:39

Er, because she is very upset that her dog might be taken away from her?

But you didn't report the dog, so forget it.

Maisyblue Fri 01-Aug-14 15:46:41

I reported my neighbours dog for continuous barking, day and night. She has 4 and they have access to the back garden whenever they want. They aren't so bad when the neighbours come home from work but when they're out the slightest noise sets them off. When she got the letter off the council warning her of the noise she knocked on every door on the street demanding who had reported her. Did she really think anyone was going to admit it. She just couldn't accept why someone should report her rather than tell her to her face.

BridgettRousselot Fri 01-Aug-14 15:51:35

I introduced myself to my neighbour and saw her in a shop once, she had no interest in me, and now she is demanding me give her answers and telling me all her upset feelings, it is so strange and unsettling. Maybe she has gone around knocking on everyone's door like your neighbour Maisyblue.

NoTeaForMe Fri 01-Aug-14 15:55:29

Did you report her dog?

PickleMyster Fri 01-Aug-14 16:02:51

I understand that you feel unsettled. Hopefully she won't get in contact again but just in case she does I would (speaking from experience) just note down the date and time she called, and what got said and then just put it away.

BridgettRousselot Fri 01-Aug-14 16:07:10

NoTeaForMe, are you her?

PickleMyster, what was your experience?

JewelFairies Fri 01-Aug-14 16:07:16

Why would this bother you so much? If you didn't report her (and come to think of it even if you did) just say no (or yes if you are so inclined) and be done with it. If you have no interest in your life story just ignore her. If you want to speak to her, go ahead. You sound as though you hold a grudge because she ignored you when she moved in.

JewelFairies Fri 01-Aug-14 16:08:18

'interest in her life story'

BridgettRousselot Fri 01-Aug-14 16:12:31

I am nervous as she has a big man living with her and she is the sort of person who knocks on people's doors she previously had nothing to do with making demands. I have no idea what he is capable of and I don't want them beating me up or anything.

AvonCallingBarksdale Fri 01-Aug-14 16:15:15

I have no idea what he is capable of and I don't want them beating me up or anything

Eh? confused Unless you have reason to believe this is their M.O, why on earth would you jump to this conclusion?

BeachyKeen Fri 01-Aug-14 16:22:41

Why would you assume he would be you up? That a huge jump to make, based on fuck all but his size!

NoTeaForMe Fri 01-Aug-14 16:22:44

I'm not her no! I just wondered as you haven't actually said that you didn't, just that you told her that you didn't which was sensible, even if you did! wondering of maybe she knows you did but was just asking you to see if you'd be honest?

FanjoForTheMammaries Fri 01-Aug-14 16:22:48

Err no she sounds like she is worried her neighbours might act aggressively if they are angry and believe she reported their dog.

It happens.

And she thought she might get some support here.

PickleMyster Fri 01-Aug-14 16:23:27

Someone I didn't know kept phoning/texting me, wouldn't accept I wasn't the person they were looking for - got accused of playing games with them (that's when I stopped responding but did have to switch my phone on occasion) went on for a few months. O2 couldn't block the number, suggested the police. Person text me again, told him I would contact police if he didn't leave me alone. I only started keeping a log after a few weeks of it beginning. He never contacted me again.

PickleMyster Fri 01-Aug-14 16:30:10

Phone off on occasion

BridgettRousselot Fri 01-Aug-14 16:37:06

That sounds like they were playing games with you and projecting PickleMyster, it sounds a nightmare for you.

Oh well I sent myself an email logging what happened, thanks for that advice.

PickleMyster Fri 01-Aug-14 16:42:34

Don't know what they were playing at, but it stopped. SIL (solicitor) recommended I keep a log.

She's knocked once, you've given her an honest answer, so try not to worry that things will escalate as they are unlikely to do so.

I think it's natural to want to know if someone has reported you for anything, particularly if the report is malicious and unfounded. Many people wouldn't go round asking, but she did. It doesn't mean she, or anyone else in her household is going to to be nasty to you in future.

BridgettRousselot Fri 01-Aug-14 17:11:36

Thanks for the reassurance BeerTricksPotter, there is a problem, and I know it has been bothering many neighbours quite a distance away. One was the partner of a lady who was complaining to another neighbour who told me when were talking and we could hear the barking and howling she works nights and the continual barking and howling all day as the dog is outside, is stopping her from being able to sleep. The report will not have been malicious.

Then she's looking at some kind of Council enforcement order if she doesn't get it sorted. Still not your fault or your problem.

BridgettRousselot Sat 02-Aug-14 17:49:41

Right it seems they are going to "torment" me and are blaming me for this dog thing. It started this morning with lots of bending around the fence and looking the guy and his mate staring into my eyes, at me in my home when I am sat down in my PJ's, I started back I wasn't going to be intimidated and he did eventually go red.

Now they are no longer using their drive and are choosing to park their cars on the road to prevent me from parking on the road, I have no drive.

I will have to get someone to sort some fencing to curve around so they can't bend over and peer into my home, and put some other things in place now, ffs all because of their barking/howling dog.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now