Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Is this IQ test result correct?! Can you test it for me please

(122 Posts)
Wishfulmakeupping Fri 01-Aug-14 14:27:23

If you have a general idea what your IQ is would you mind doing this one for me please?
My IQ is a lot higher than I expected and I want to know if its a true result or just that this test is quite easy Iyswim
Thank you

Wishfulmakeupping Fri 01-Aug-14 14:27:56

Ha obviously not intelligent enough to remember link first time here it is https://memorado.com/iqtest?r=120#.U9t9veigmbr.facebook

almapudden Fri 01-Aug-14 14:28:45

Is it a free online test? They're mostly a load of bollocks. I've done them for fun in the past and got scores ranging from 120-150. Not a realistic margin of error!

Salmotrutta Fri 01-Aug-14 14:33:59

I'm not sure!

It's a tad higher than some I've done but a tad lower than others I've done!

And I'm useless at the shapes stuff

eltsihT Fri 01-Aug-14 14:35:47

I got 124 which is a low score for me. But it was pretty easy compared to real ones.

however Fri 01-Aug-14 14:35:51

It says I'm in the top 8%.

It's dodgy for sure.

AngieBolen Fri 01-Aug-14 14:40:44

It's a stupid test and even though I accidentally pressed the answer incorrectly once, it did give me an iq score similar to what I think it is ( high 120's) Although I don't think I'm gifted or in the top 5% of the population like it told me I was.grin

I got a little less than usual, because I took a long time over some of them, I think. It can't be accurate as it should be standardised for age. The older you are, the slower your thought processes, but your IQ should be the same.

AngieBolen Fri 01-Aug-14 14:42:58

I'm very good at the shape questions.... Sadly I'm not sure how to apply this in RL. If only there were a job working out which pattern comes next......

SetPhasersTaeMalkie Fri 01-Aug-14 14:43:01

I got in the top 5% too. Pretty unlikely for me to be honest.

Salmotrutta Fri 01-Aug-14 14:45:14

Graphic design Angie - isn't there a lot of shap-related stuff in that? grin

Salmotrutta Fri 01-Aug-14 14:45:41

Or even shape-related hmm

Shia Fri 01-Aug-14 14:45:56

I got 126 . Most of those questions were a lot easier than others I've seen in IQ tests.

AlpacaLypse Fri 01-Aug-14 14:46:05

Fairly obviously set flattering low so as to encourage you to buy whatever load of braintraining schizzle that immediately gets advertised when you click at the end!

Top 3%. Go me gringrin

I could be Mastermind champion if I wasn't so fond of sitting on my arse, eating crisps and watching the Commonwealth Games. grin

fledtoscotland Fri 01-Aug-14 14:49:22

I got in the top 5% which I know is relatively accurate for my IQ. I did find it easier than some tests though

mrstiggy Fri 01-Aug-14 14:51:44

I got 128 despite getting one question wrong for sure (clicked answer then thought about it!), two questions the toddler knocked my arm and I clicked god knows what, and two questions took me an eternity to answer as I was talking to one of the dc's. I'm guessing the result isn't all that reliable. smile

I got 130 in the top 3%. Almost certainly bollocks!

Wishfulmakeupping Fri 01-Aug-14 14:57:32

I knew it was too good to be true grin

It's a set of really easy and random questions. There's lots of different IQ tests out there, and the result from this one isn't reliable at all.

ICallASpadeATrowel Fri 01-Aug-14 15:11:25

I got 130, I found the questions were very straightforward and weren't very good at questioning deep understanding. It didn't have many questions either.

Gilraen Fri 01-Aug-14 15:11:34

I just went through getting all answers deliberately wrong and I still got 102. Actually going through trying I got 130. It's lower than my iq on official tests, and the questions were relatively easy. I wonder if it only gives a range of 100-130?

hellymelly Fri 01-Aug-14 15:14:03

Should your IQ be the same as you get older? I had a really high one as a child, but I feel I get more stupid year by year. grin

Salmotrutta Fri 01-Aug-14 15:18:03

Didn't the guy who developed the "IQ" test say that he'd never intended them to be a measure of intelligence but as a means to show where people's skills lay?

And what areas they could develop more skills in?

Shia Fri 01-Aug-14 15:29:22

Me too, hellymelly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now