Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Roll up Roll up. Idiot alert. Super glue involved. FFS

(38 Posts)

I attempted to glue a clock back together last night while squiffy after knocking it off. It was an old tube so I had to give it a bit of a squeeze. EXCEPT I gave it to much of a squeeze and what do know it shot out at speed all over.

blush

The results are me still sat here with glue all over my hands.

A broken clock stuck to the bench

A dish cloth stuck to the bench where I tried to wipe it up then left it.

And because I wasn't aware of it. My t-shirt glued to my boob and my pj pants glued to my thigh.

Where do I start? How do I start!?

<awaits to be laughed at>

SuburbanRhonda Fri 01-Aug-14 10:31:06

Sorry, OP, but that's made my morning grin.

As long as you're not glued to the bench and run some warm soapy water, the use the blunt edge of a knife to prise all the stuck things off the other things.

And get some new superglue smile

DogCalledRudis Fri 01-Aug-14 10:32:53

You're not my mother by any chance?

ElleMcFearsome Fri 01-Aug-14 10:32:59

TBH, I'd go to Minor Injuries, if you have one near you. If your clothes are really stuck to you, they'll hurt like hell, and you'll rip the skin trying to get them unstuck sad But the internet says nail varnish remover (only if its one of the ones that contains acetone) which should dissolve it, so you could try that? Have a brew first though!

FruVikingessOla Fri 01-Aug-14 10:32:59

Oh dear. Hahahaha grin

This is miles better than the MNer who superglued her foot to the carpet!

What if I remove skin or <gulp> my nipple --it is very close and scared to investigate further. I wish in hind sight I had tackled it last night instead of going to sleep. hmm

Olbas Fri 01-Aug-14 10:33:58

grin Can I come round and laugh help

A brew ? I need more flaming vodka. I can not go to A&E. I know staff there. I will be ridiculed!

Nail varnish remover is acetone free.

Will turps or paint stripper work.

<goes to find shed key>

thornrose Fri 01-Aug-14 10:37:42

Lots and lots of ideas here..

www.wikihow.com/Remove-Super-Glue

Thanks thorn I will report back.

Longdistance Fri 01-Aug-14 10:40:53

To get the glue off of your hands, use a nail file, not a metal one, but one of those boards, and file away the glue in different directions. Maybe use hot water on trying to get the t-shirt off your boob, maybe under a shower.

Mogz Fri 01-Aug-14 10:46:14

I'd risk the ridicule and get to a&e, you don't want to be bathing your skin in turps or stripping it off your leg and boob.
I left tit tape (that invisible model's stuff so you defy gravity) on for longer than recommended a few years back and yanked it off whilst drunk, I still have the scars sad

never thought I would see the day I said this to all and sundry

I have my pants off!!!

grin

WD40

I am now sat with a WD40 soaked boob like some bizarre wet t-shirt competition in the hope it has the same desired effect.

It stinks!

thornrose Fri 01-Aug-14 10:55:18

Yay, I love WD40 weirdo so bloody useful! Good luck with the boob. confused

It seems to be working. Around the edges anyway.

<prays>

Haha, brilliant grin

If it makes you feel better, I attempted to repair a broken mouse mat at work some years ago. I ended up gluing the mousemat to the desk, a tissue (I had placed carefully on the desk to 'catch the drips hmm) to the desk and a piece of plastic to my finger blush
My boss walked in, laughed and said 'FFS, I'm sure we have enough in the stationery budget to buy you a new mousemat!' grin

Worse case scenario I will cut the top it's knackered anyway so I can pop a bra on and new top and hopefully it might just release its self over a period of time. I wonder if a patchwork tit will catch on.

hmm

WienerDiva Fri 01-Aug-14 11:10:44

Can someone nip to the chemist and buy you a bottle of acetone (I think boots sell it for about £2 a bottle). Or maybe they can purchase some from a nail salon for you?

Sorry to sound all sensible at the start, can I start chortling now?

JassyRadlett Fri 01-Aug-14 11:12:05

Oh poor you! That is the sort of thing I would do.

Have you tried acetone?

JassyRadlett Fri 01-Aug-14 11:15:08

Oops just reread your bit about nail varnish remover. But honestly, acetone is ace (as is WD 40, magic bloody stuff).

fackinell Fri 01-Aug-14 11:20:28

Thought I'd make you feel better by telling you about my exes mum. Bad conjunctivitis, had tube of eye cream next to superglue where she had been fixing a piece of jewellery. I don't need to tell you what happened, do I? shock

I actually thought he had made it up
Until I met her. She was ok after a 999 call.

I am material free!!!!!

At long last grin

I am still sanding my hands. Way to much for WD40 on my little finger.

The bench can wait.

<contemplates power sander or dremel (sp?) >

Boaty Fri 01-Aug-14 18:40:48

Oh my!! Just snorted out loud!! DH has just given me a hmm look!

not2nitedarling Fri 01-Aug-14 18:45:36

Made my day that has!!! tee hee x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now