Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What art do you have on your living room walls?

(62 Posts)

I need inspiration! Links welcome smile

Do you have something you love or that has personal meaning?

I hate the whole generic Ikea print/abstract canvas/Jack Vettriano look but am struggling to find something quirky that doesn't look too busy opposite a feature wall with floral wallpaper. Hmmm.

FelixFelix Thu 31-Jul-14 22:44:36

I

FelixFelix Thu 31-Jul-14 22:44:48

Oh

FelixFelix Thu 31-Jul-14 22:44:50

Oh ffs

lucysmam Thu 31-Jul-14 22:45:16

I took a really nice photo of my girls from behind, on the beach at Whitby, as they were walking to the sea to paddle. Plan to get that put on a big-ish canvas when I can afford it.

Currently we have a big NYC Print and a lot of other family photo's but the print is just there to fill space iyswim until I found something to fill it with.

grin

lucysmam Thu 31-Jul-14 22:46:02

grin Felix, I would have given up after the second one

That sounds lovely lucys.

Temp123 Thu 31-Jul-14 22:47:14

We have this on our wall.

FelixFelix Thu 31-Jul-14 22:47:23

Oh FFS! Stupid phone.

I have this framed. Weirdly it turns out the guy who made it lives a few doors down from me! Also a Hunter S Thompson print which is in a similar style. And a huge ikea one which DP had when I first met him and I hated but now it's grown on me. It goes very well with the other art work we have.

cashmiriana Thu 31-Jul-14 22:47:34

A few family photos, a print of a Victorian picture of my university town, a couple of other art prints (Regency couple, and Victorian woman) and in pride of place, a water colour painted by my late uncle of the place where DH and I got married.

FelixFelix Thu 31-Jul-14 22:48:16

Hooray it worked! It kept refreshing when I was typing and somehow posting grin

lucysmam Thu 31-Jul-14 22:49:04

It reminded me of something I've seen in the past but I've no idea what confused They're holding hands & having one of those rare moments when they enjoy each other's company instead of scrapping.

ouryve Thu 31-Jul-14 22:50:27

Nothing in the livingroom itself, as the room is too cluttered. I hate the precise point where DH hung it, but, (ignore the lego shite, which was the point of this particular pic) we have this in the dining room end, at the moment. It's something I embroidered almost 20 years ago and have only recently got around to framing!

plannedshock Thu 31-Jul-14 22:50:29

I've got stag horns.

lucysmam Thu 31-Jul-14 22:51:45
FelixFelix Thu 31-Jul-14 22:54:51

Also there will soon be a fucking road bike mounted on my living room wall because apparently there isn't anywhere else to store it. But that's a whole other thread grin

ComtesseDeSpair Thu 31-Jul-14 22:56:53

We have quite a bit. A few nice, colourful Scottish coastal scene of our favourite seaside resorts by local artists.

My personal favourites I've included pics of: a Jane Bown photo-portrait of a young PJ Harvey; a Paul James limited edition called 'Kred Gordon'; and another limited edition by Glasgow artist Gerard M Burns called 'To Journey in Hope' (which may also give away how I'll be casting my Referendum vote! grin

KingJoffreysBloodshotEye Thu 31-Jul-14 22:57:05

5 x large film posters and 2 large Bansky prints.

We have family photos in the living room, but in the dining room we have a London Underground poster for Sigurd Ros' "Heima". The wouldn't roll it to post it, so I spent aaaaages ironing it to make it fit to display.

Sigur Ros. Autocorrect fail.

Family photo art, which I've done myself, as I'm a graphic designer and artist by trade.

There's also some fabric art pieces, also all done by me.

ouryve Thu 31-Jul-14 23:04:01

Better pic of the fish itself
https://flic.kr/p/dm1fLd

PookBob Thu 31-Jul-14 23:05:06

This, and some framed family photos.

GetYourFingersOutOfThere Thu 31-Jul-14 23:06:58

My cousin had my DDs as bridesmaids for her wedding and unfortunatly my DHs and I couldn't make it due to his chemo.

I was sent a random photo of our DDs chatting at a wooden gate, they looked so relaxed, without a care in the world.

I had the print made up on canvas in black and white and it is still on the wall.

No help to you but your post reminded me about that picture thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now