Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Did you knock bottles on the head at 12 months? Advice please, baby will only take a bottle

(31 Posts)
Mrsgrumble Thu 31-Jul-14 19:17:31

I have tried the nuby beaker etc. he won't really drink. I want to keep fluids in him but what can I do? Also need to wean him off bottles.

MrsBungle Thu 31-Jul-14 22:45:17

I stopped bottles literally within a few days of dc1 and 2 turning 1. Neither were great with a lidded up before that, within a couple of days they'd forgotten about bottles, even though they both loved them.

blueskiesandflowers Thu 31-Jul-14 22:57:49

With both dds more like 15mnths as had same problem they didn't like cups
At 15 mnths gave up bottle in day

Bugsylugs Thu 31-Jul-14 23:13:29

Haven't read all replies mine stopped at 4 and a bit do what feels right for you and lo

SoonToBeSix Thu 31-Jul-14 23:19:00

Bottles are fine at 12 months, beakers are better but much more important things to stress over .

firefly78 Thu 31-Jul-14 23:19:40

mine stopped at 2 ish. you dont need to sterilise once they are 1 anyway. I always just offered water in a tommee tippee cup and milk in bottles ar morning and bedtime. DS wasn't keen on water so gave him milk in his cup. I hate them having squash. its so bad for you.

baddyfreckleface Thu 31-Jul-14 23:53:41

My two refuse to drink milk in anything but a bottle. They will have water in anything but when I tried to get rid of the bottles I had no chance. They would rather have no milk than milk in anything but a bottle.

They are five and two. My five year old just stopped drinking milk completely for over a year. I really wanted her to have milk, even tried chocolate flavouring etc. In the end she got upset one day and said she missed drinking it from a bottle as that's the only way it tastes good. So I decided to give in.

They have it for breakfast and supper. Drink it, clean their teeth and then go to bed. I don't think it matters. The bigger picture is more important, and milk is good for my kids.

I think as long as you offer alternatives and healthy drinks that they don't keep in their mouth for a long time, (so no milk or juice in bed with them after cleaning teeth) it really doesn't matter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now