Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What jewellery do you covet?

(29 Posts)
boxofshells Thu 31-Jul-14 13:04:42

I'm sitting opposite a young woman on a train who looks brilliant in a pair of pearl earrings. I want some now. I'd always thought of such things as fuddy duddy but she looks young and cool.

BridgettRousselot Thu 31-Jul-14 13:07:50

I have diamond earrings, I don't wear them.

LetsFaceTheMusicAndDance Thu 31-Jul-14 13:12:33

I'm coveting a shortish pearl necklace atm but I can't get past the oyster thing. I wouldn't mind so much if they were being eaten anyway. It's daft, I know.

I am a magpie and would love each finger adorned with some beautiful precious stone ring with lots of diamonds. Maybe in another life. grin

MummyBeerest Thu 31-Jul-14 13:20:00

Anything with rubies. They're gorgeous.

LetsFaceTheMusicAndDance Thu 31-Jul-14 13:24:02

I was watching a programme called posh pawn the other day - recovering from op and so bored I'll watch anything. There was a huuuge ruby on there 25 carats +. It was beautiful.

AppleAndMelon Thu 31-Jul-14 13:24:10

I love pearls. I like scuffing around in jeans ... and pearls.

I'd like to be brave enough to wear a diamond on a necklace. In reality though I would catch it on something and spend most days on the floor looking for it.

A big shiny purple necklace. I have a dress that it would go with, but I haven't seen anything I like at a sensible price!

squoosh Thu 31-Jul-14 13:27:23

Nothing.

I love fashion but for some reason I've never been into jewellery. It irritates me more than anything else, getting in the way and slapping against my skin.

I look at Liz Taylor's jewellery collection and am totally un-wowed.

rainbowfeet Thu 31-Jul-14 13:35:01

A Rolex watch with lots of diamonds.
A Classic Cartier 'C' ring with black diamonds on each edge.

Anything by Chopard with the floating diamonds & a big pair of diamond studs... Rather than the Argos CZ ones I'm currently sporting!!

Always had champagne taste & brown ale money me!! confused

Thisvehicleisreversing Thu 31-Jul-14 13:38:29

Not a fan of jewellery but a black diamond and platinum ring would be nice.

CornChips Thu 31-Jul-14 13:44:58

This thread was made for me. I have seen a sapphire and diamond ring (the diamond is 4 carats!) which I have fallen in love with.

£46 k worth.

Crazy money.

RiojaHaze Thu 31-Jul-14 13:45:13

A Chanel J12 watch and a big blinging engagement ring!

daddyorchipsdaddyorchips Thu 31-Jul-14 14:11:42

I love my pearl earrings & necklace!

I would love a tennis bracelet.

Shia Thu 31-Jul-14 14:25:02
Carpaccio Thu 31-Jul-14 14:46:47

Currently, I'd like a Cartier Love bracelet and a Juste Un Clou bracelet. And the end bits of the Georg Jensen Fusion ring - preferably with diamonds, but I'm flexible. I'd take any Georg Jensen jewellery to be honest.
I'd also like a white gold Rolex with black dial, diamonds and the President bracelet.

IceBeing Thu 31-Jul-14 14:51:26

I love the shiney things....and I have some money...but I don't ever buy jewellery....this makes no sense!

Also why are tennis bracelets called that?

pud1 Thu 31-Jul-14 15:01:19

i would love a tennis bracelet with lots of large beautiful diamonds.

i own a tennis bracelet with lots of small diamonds that i do like but it just makes me think of what my perfect bracelet would look like

Degustibusnonestdisputandem Thu 31-Jul-14 15:02:35

I love Cartier Panthere stuff, but never going to happen! grin besides, I'd only loose/break it!

Carpaccio Thu 31-Jul-14 15:03:37

The name comes from when Chris Evert dropped her bracelet during a US Open match in 1987. The game was stopped so she could find the bracelet.
It's described in more detail here: www.ebay.co.uk/gds/Tennis-Bracelet-Buying-Guide-/10000000177321130/g.html

PinkSparklyElephant Thu 31-Jul-14 15:04:44

A diamond Tag watch and a ruby and diamond eternity ring.

ChubbyKitty Thu 31-Jul-14 15:08:21

There was once a Cartier necklace that I saw that was sort of a tiny, jewel-encrusted bust of a panther. It was absolutely stunning and I'm always hoping to find one that isn't 'price on consultation', because 'price on consultation' means 'not on ChubbyKitty's wages'.

boxofshells Thu 31-Jul-14 15:10:04

Love that oak leaf bangle Shia. A snip at just £8k!

ShakeYourTailFeathers Thu 31-Jul-14 15:13:32

When I was recently waiting for DH's watch to be fitted with a battery I tried on a gorgeous ring - square yellow diamond surrounded by tiny white diamonds

so simple and so beautiful....evil woman in the shop suggesting I try it on grin

FreckledLeopard Thu 31-Jul-14 15:15:24

I'd like this panther please. It used to belong to Wallis Simpson and was sold at auction for $12.4mn a few years ago shock.

I very, very rarely wear jewellery. I doubt I'd wear the panther even if I was surrounded by bodyguards. But I'd love it to be mine and just look at it and stroke it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now