Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Do your dcs look like you?

(73 Posts)
harryhausen Thu 31-Jul-14 09:49:16

Just interested in knowing in general really.

I have a dd9 and a ds7. My dd looks like a cross between me and my husband. His facial features, my hair. However my ds7 looks nothing like either of us. He's very blonde, where we're both dark. He has very olive skin, where me and dh are pale and a bit freckly. His facial features have no resemblance to either of us.

Teachers and other kids at school often express surprise when they find out my dcs are siblings. I'm certain my ds must resemble a long lost relative far down my family tree. I just wish I knew!

ShirazSavedMySanity Thu 31-Jul-14 09:51:42

Both the DC's look just like me, and just like each other. There is no denying the three of us are related.

But they both favour DH in personality

RudyMentary Thu 31-Jul-14 09:53:02

I have 4 by 2 different fathers.
They all look like their Dads

MrsBungle Thu 31-Jul-14 09:53:04

My dc's look a lot like both me and dh and they look very like each other.

My DD looks nothing like me at all, she is a mini DH (thankfully without a beard)

stillenacht1 Thu 31-Jul-14 09:55:09

DS1 is a 60/40 split between DH and myself looks wise

DS2 is a 20/80 split...he looks like me more- really can't see DH in him at all.

RelocatorRelocator Thu 31-Jul-14 09:57:35

Well, according to MIL they are cloned from DH.

But in reality, dc1 looks like me, dc2 looks like dh. Dc2 is much darker skinned than the rest of us (we are various shades of classic Irish colouring)

Dc3 is unique! Although there is a photo of me aged 2 where I am in a right strop and pouting and now I know where he gets that face from grin

CulturalBear Thu 31-Jul-14 10:01:50

My DS is only one but has my eyes and inexplicably blond hair (DP and I are both very dark). I personally think he looks like my sisters - the cheeky face of one with the beautiful eyes of the other.

People say he looks like me but I don't see it.

I will say that, by age 18 or so, no matter what they do to distance themselves from the fact, they will look like at least one parent. I was at a university open day a while back and was staggered by the similarities smile

Nope.. all four are blonde.. I'm dark and freckled! DH was blonde when he had hair grin

However we shared the body shapes equally.. DD1 and DS2 are very tall and skinny (DD1 is 5' 10 willowy and DS2 is 6 ft) with (sadly) my nose while DS1 and DD2 are DH's side..much shorter but with cuter facial features!

beccajoh Thu 31-Jul-14 10:04:19

DS is like me (but he's only six months so who knows how he'll turn out!) and DD is like DH around the eyes but like me in every other respect. They both get tallness from DH's family, although neither DH or I are tall!

Lally112 Thu 31-Jul-14 10:10:47

DS1 is DHs spit, in looks and personality. DD1 unfortunately has my temper and attitude problem and chip on her shoulder and razor sharp tongue (karma is indeed a bitch) DS2 looks like DH in some ways but has my eyes and freckles and DD2 is the same but she has my hair and temper too but is very needy and whingy - no idea where she gets that from.

vladthedisorganised Thu 31-Jul-14 10:20:55

DD favours DH's side of the family physically, there's a bit of resemblance facially though she looks a lot more like one of my cousins at that age. (I look nothing like either of my parents and a lot like one of my aunts)

I think DD and I have a lot of the same mannerisms though.

Rowboat Thu 31-Jul-14 10:23:09

They're both a mix between us both. dd a bit more like dh and ds a bit more like me. Both are blond though which neither dh or I are, but dm is. A lot of people say they're both like me including dh but I certainly see dh in dd. smile

rugbychick Thu 31-Jul-14 10:23:33

Dd looks like a mixture of both of us. The top half of her face is her dad, the bottom half like me. On any given day we get 1 person say she's the spit of me, another will say the spit of her dad. So, no denying who her parents are. Personality wise, a mix of both with the stubborn, strong willed tendencies from both of us!

echt Thu 31-Jul-14 10:25:31

DD is just like her dad to look at, not a bit like me.

AliceInGallifrey Thu 31-Jul-14 10:27:00

Dd is a carbon copy of me but with the attitude and sass of my sister.
God.help.us

Ds is a carbon copy of dh and is as laid back as can be just like me and dh ( thank god!)

SophieLeGiraffe Thu 31-Jul-14 10:31:32

DS is a complete clone of me, poor DH doesn't get a look in.

Poetnojo Thu 31-Jul-14 10:32:15

Ds1 17 is very like Dh at that age but a bit like me too.
dd 11 is the spitting image of me,only difference is, I was blonde but still with dark eyes and lashes, and she has brown hair but has the same eyes and facial features.
Ds2 3 looks like us both but with my eye colour.

Watto1 Thu 31-Jul-14 10:35:23

dd is my mini-me. Put me, dd and DM in a line and there is no mistaking the fact that we are related!

DS is a strange but gorgeous mix of DH and my dad.

CripesItsTheGasMan Thu 31-Jul-14 10:35:50

Dd is DPs double. Guarantee everytime we go out we get strangers saying either 'oooo you look like your daddy' or 'oh there's no doubting the paternity there' hmm

FishCalledWonder Thu 31-Jul-14 10:37:13

DD looks SO like DH. None of me in her at all. She does have my sparkling personality though. grin

HeyMicky Thu 31-Jul-14 10:38:01

DD looks the spit of both DH's sister and his brother's daughter. So there's a family resemblance but not to either of us grin

17leftfeet Thu 31-Jul-14 10:39:41

Dd1 is my clone and getting more so by the day

People say dd2 looks like me but she doesn't

She looks like one of her cousins on her dads side

Weirdly people have asked me if I'm the cousin's mum because she looks like me and there is no blood connection at all?!

Very odd how genetics work

foxdongle Thu 31-Jul-14 10:42:20

DD has my colouring/texture in hair eyes are similar, but DH's lips/face shape and his easily tanned skin.
DS has my paler skin and face shape but DH's hair and eyes.

They both have sociable personalities, like us.
Oh and strong characters, like us.
Life can be fun here at times! grin

DialsMavis Thu 31-Jul-14 10:47:47

People who don't know DS dad say he looks like me, but really he looks just like him. People always tell DP how much DS looks like him.... Which is strange because he isn't his child, I guess I have a 'type' grin.

DD looks exactly like me, freakishly so, poor DP, it's like he had nothing to do with her production. He thinks I just reproduce like a pepper, cut me open and there will be a mini me inside.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now