Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What have you lost or found today?

(37 Posts)
Wickeddevil Wed 30-Jul-14 21:01:10

This was going to be a thread about a lost shoe, but I have found it grinso now it's a thread about a found shoe.

What have lost or found?

BikeRunSki Wed 30-Jul-14 21:03:02

Found my cash card. I knew it would turn up. Unfortunately this doesn't stop me being £85 overdrawn, with three more weeks to payday!

ExcuseTypos Wed 30-Jul-14 21:05:08

I lost my sunglasses on Monday. I searched and searched every bag and draw in the house.

I found them today in the glove compartment of the car! Very happy!

BeetlebumShesAGun Wed 30-Jul-14 21:06:31

Lost DD's precious bunny comforter. Found it again on the floor outside Boots 5 minutes later but not before I had a meltdown in the newsagents!

In my defence I was very nervous, stressed and trying to do everything at once before my job interview.

<inhales wine and orders backup bunny>

RiojaHaze Wed 30-Jul-14 21:08:20

Found headlice in DDs hair confused
Great start to the holiday!

lucysmam Wed 30-Jul-14 21:11:03

I haven't lost or found anything today...Asda seem to have lost my shopping order though. It was only due four hours ago & no sign yet sad

Itsfab Wed 30-Jul-14 21:11:03

Lost my temper sad

Found nothing

Made fruit cakes, roast dinner and flap jacks <added a topic>

Wickeddevil Wed 30-Jul-14 21:13:52

Bike run ski oh dear I hate when there is a lot of month left at the end of the money
excuse glad that's a happy outcome
beetlebum have had the same thought re back up toys. DD refuses to go to sleep without, rabbit, ted and blanket-ted
rioja have some Rioja grin

Wickeddevil Wed 30-Jul-14 21:14:50

Beetlebum, hope your interview went well??

BeetlebumShesAGun Wed 30-Jul-14 21:24:01

It did thanks wicked! I go back to my usual job after 8 months of maternity leave on Monday, fingers crossed I get this one instead smile

CorporateRockWhore Wed 30-Jul-14 21:25:25

Lost - the kid's hairbrush. AGAIN!

Found - my work mojo. I rocked today!

SaltyandSweet Wed 30-Jul-14 21:26:58

Lost my sanity (third straight day of cold and wet where we are, resulting in seriously stir-crazed 5 and 3 year olds)

Found wine and cake and almost ready to do it all again tomorrow grin

BreadForBrains Wed 30-Jul-14 21:28:10

Lost £40 on the beach! Dp was arseing around in 'the bag' and it flew out and disappeared over the sand dunes. He's a bloody numpty that one!
I found lots of crab legs though.

CointreauVersial Wed 30-Jul-14 21:29:56

I've lost one of the front door keys to our holiday rental in Cornwall. angry

I've turned the place upside down looking for it; I suspect it may be somewhere on the beach.

PivotPIVOT Wed 30-Jul-14 21:31:01

I lost my phone about half an hour ago. Luckily I ran back and found it right outside the shop, it must have dropped out of my pocket when I was untying the dog!

Mammuzza Wed 30-Jul-14 21:33:16

Found ... a fifty euro note I must have put in the teapot for safekeeping some time ago.

Lost ... my mind in the post office queue, thanks to our local one going on summer time opening hours. Which is not many. And when I got to the front of the melee queue, I got the bloke who always insists that there is no such thing as Visa Electron. Despite the one I am waving at him. And all the posters around his head advertising it. It's like the ticket machine always spits out the right number to make me get Mr DeniesAllKnowledgeOfPostOfficeProducts. Every sodding time.

Ichneesanshee Wed 30-Jul-14 21:37:34

Not me, but ds1 lost the little brass nozzle from his power-spray bottle on Sunday. Neighbours lad and Ds3 found it while out playing in the street this morning - I gave them a sweet each to say thank you!

I'm also losing my voice, which is entertaining the kids if nothing else...

MrsBungle Wed 30-Jul-14 21:39:16

Lost my bloody Tiffany sunglasses in the eden project today. Gutted sad

Lost a confidential financial file.... Found it 4hrs later on a colleagues desk, had accidently scooped it up in some work I was handing over to him. Whoops.

Wickeddevil Wed 30-Jul-14 21:59:56

Fingers crossed beetlebum, I hope you get it. I love the lost and found ones, it's a lovely feeling. I hope you find the key Cointreau, and can I share somewine and cake please salty? I hope you find your sanity tomorrow.

Lost dd's tiara from off the top of the big tower at warwick castle.

Found dd's tiara in the moat area of warwick castle and got bollocked by some archer dude for running down there to get it.

grin

Mrsjayy Wed 30-Jul-14 22:08:55

My door keys I had to take dds and put them back without her knowing because im always ranting about keys, my prescription ive been looking for since Monday.

Wickeddevil Wed 30-Jul-14 22:12:29

Amazing it had to be a tiara didn't it? Shame on archer dude

HippityHoppityLaLaLa Wed 30-Jul-14 22:21:53

Lost: the will to live (work related)
Found: enough in a bottle of red to help me forget the above

Some of you have had interesting days today.

Not today but over the last few...

Somehow lost the cover for DD's sleeping bag whilst we were away camping. It was unpacked IN the tent, nothing was taken out, and I couldn't find it when we repacked to go home. Still unpacking and not yet found it.

However, on the plus side, I did find 20p on the floor in the service station on the way home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now