Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Oh my god, I am so fucking angry

(16 Posts)
issynoho Wed 30-Jul-14 17:06:41

Is it just me? Summer holiday fucking rage. We have building work going on, car problems, camping 'holiday' coming up (not a fucking holiday with 3 little DC).

It takes me seconds to boil over. Being ignored by DC or, worse, laughed at when I'm telling them off. Clearing up other people's mess and shite. Fighting in the car when I'm driving (I will admit to pulling over and slapping legs today - I know, unforgiveable, don't flame me, I was desperate for the screaming and bickering and fighting to stop, not my finest hour).

Shit relationship with DH too. Long story, nothing major, just not clicking like we used to.

I am sat here in floods of tears, sad and angry and full of guilt. On the upside, I have just made a cheesecake and I may eat it all later.

rootypig Wed 30-Jul-14 17:08:31

Eat the cheesecake. Wash it down with wine.

Hugs. Shit day and shit relationship here too.

Thumbwitch Wed 30-Jul-14 17:10:23

No it's not just you. I'm not on summer holidays because it's winter here but my 2 have been completely feral the last few nights after school hours (they're 6 and 21mo) and I ended up having to send the 6yo to his room just to separate them before one of them got hurt! Tonight wasn't quite so bad, just as well as DH is away for the night on business and I was close to losing the plot last night, God knows what would have happened if they'd escalated tonight! But they didn't so phew.

Cheesecake sounds like a good plan - maybe with accompanying wine or [gin]?

Thisvehicleisreversing Wed 30-Jul-14 17:10:51

If you can, leave the DCs with DH tonight while you go for a long, brisk walk. Pop into a pub before you come home and have a stiff drink.

You'll be much calmer when you get in.

<<hugs>>

Itsfab Wed 30-Jul-14 17:11:19

Huge sympathy, wanna swap kids? hmm

Enjoy your cheesecake. Eating when hungry = no calories.

charlietangoteakettlebarbeque Wed 30-Jul-14 17:12:39

What Thisvehicleisreversing said.

I'd have more than one drink in the pub though. Bring a book and chill!

OldBagWantsNewBag Wed 30-Jul-14 17:13:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OldBagWantsNewBag Wed 30-Jul-14 17:16:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DownByTheRiverside Wed 30-Jul-14 17:19:02

3 little DC? How little?
Old enough to be farmed out? Or for your DH to take camping on his own?
Channel the rage away from them if you can, hitting them is a bad idea especially if you are at the end of your tether and using it as a means of relieving the anger.

weebarra Wed 30-Jul-14 17:26:35

I understand OP. I have a six year old, three year old and 11 month old. The two oldest are intent on committing fratricide and DD spends her time looking for choking hazards or clinging to my legs. I'm also recovering from breast cancer treatment so am knackered. Pub, wine, cheesecake and some adult company. Also nothing wrong with sticking them in front of a DVD for a hour.

Three DC in a tent? I'd need a gin drip to face that! Enjoy the cheesecake cake

BoffinMum Wed 30-Jul-14 17:34:21

we need an MN creche

starfishmummy Wed 30-Jul-14 17:42:59

DS asked why I was shouting at him....we were clooking together. I had asked him to move away from the hob about six times and just been ignored.

Last time he helped me cook I ended up at the walk in centre being glued back together because he distracted me at the wrong moment. It has taken a long time to let him back in!!

Happypenguin2014 Wed 30-Jul-14 17:44:03

I could have wrote your post xx

issynoho Wed 30-Jul-14 17:46:43

oh thank you all. <big sniff>

I just have no buffer, no spare anything left to deal with the little crises. And the feeling that it's all so important, I could fuck them up at any point of any day, which leaves me so pressured I do flip and do something stupid like slap legs (that has not happened often, twice I can think of in the last 8 years).

Sports clubs is a great idea but we have no money (also stressing me as we've spent nearly everything on the building work and DH is the sole earner but blissfully head-in-sand about day-to-day finances.) I need to go back to work for many reasons - sanity, self esteem, money.

We moved areas recently so I haven't built up that mum friend network, which is fine cos I'm a bit of an introvert/antisocial bastard, but you're right, I should book a date with a friend.

MN creche a great idea Boffin - those of us with patience looking after DC of those rocking in corners.

I look forward to the holidays and when they're lovely they're sooo lovely and I don't want to wish the time away but...

Itsfab Wed 30-Jul-14 19:29:17

should have been eating while angry = no calories hmm

I have had enough but it is pointless saying it. will be the same tomorrow with dd and ds2 in bother and ds1 refusing to go anywhere. they fight all the time. dd is rude. dd is spiteful and mean. ds2 is copying her though not as bad but does lie.

knackered.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now