Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Please, someone take dd1 away for a bit before I scream!

(47 Posts)
DoYouThinkSheSawUs Wed 30-Jul-14 15:57:24

I really can't cope with her, and dd2 is whingey and teething as well, I am basically mainlining chocolate today to cope.

Dd1 is 3.

She had a meltdown over getting her teeth brushed. Took an hour before she would let me.

Ditto hair rushing - needed cbeebies bribery.

Ditto nappy changing, although why the fuck she refused to potty train is beyond me as well, as she will hold wees and poos for hours until I accede and put a nappy on as requested.

She has been throwing toys, pushing her cruising sister over at every opportunity and just generally being a Pain in The Arse.

She asked for an egg mayo sandwich for lunch, then flipped because it has egg in it.

We went out to the play cafe and she just kept demanding cakes and chocolate (which I refused), and juice. They didn't have any juice so she had a fruit shoot. Which she didn't like and threw across the room so we had to leave.

She has had one DVD on today already (Ice age), and is now emptying the sandpit, which she dragged into the full sun (I had put it in the shade) and is refusing to wear sun cream.

So deep breath before I go and either wrestle her for sun cream, or drag her inside.

I don't like her very much today....

DoYouThinkSheSawUs Wed 30-Jul-14 15:58:34

Is it really only 4pm? I've got 5 more hours before she sleeps...

Adikia Wed 30-Jul-14 16:02:00

flowers have you got any friends you could meet up with or who could pop round? even if they cant take DD1 out for you some adult company might help.

Softlysoftlycatchymonkey Wed 30-Jul-14 16:02:27

wine

Breath .
It shall pass.

My 19 year old went to work on a strop because apparently she hates getting up early, stomping around the house like a maniac at 6am. It took all my strength not to dive out bed and strangle her.

Dd2 , 15 months is an angel . Not for long.

PartyFops Wed 30-Jul-14 16:02:28

I feel your pain and I only have the one child!

I'm really struggling with the terrible 3s! There is too much shouting from both of us!

DoYouThinkSheSawUs Wed 30-Jul-14 16:03:31

No I texted round this morning. I am friendless it would appear

lucysmam Wed 30-Jul-14 16:03:39

aah, that sounds like my four year old yesterday. Absolute nightmare.

I'd stick another dvd on if it might get you some peace & see if she'll snuggle under a blanket on the sofa.

brew with a biscuit for you too, they're tiring when they're in that kind of mood.

rootypig Wed 30-Jul-14 16:07:23

Sounds hellish.

But 5 hours til bedtime?! do yourself a favour and put her down at 7!

Yama Wed 30-Jul-14 16:08:32

Another dvd. Most definitely. (I have a three year old.)

InSummer Wed 30-Jul-14 16:14:46

She sounds just like my DD. No real advice but don't worry you're not alone.

We had to tell the neighbour that if she hears DD screaming in terror, it means she's having a shower/hair brushed/nails trimmed. It honestly sounded like a murder was taking place.

She had the toilet problem too, record was nearly 2 weeks without a poo. Asked Doctor about ASD as have it in the family, but her advice was sorry but I think you have a very very stubborn child, just learn to chose your battles. I'm still not convinced but that's another thread!

InSummer Wed 30-Jul-14 16:17:04

Oh and yes to another dvd. Won't harm her. DD is on her 4th episode of Winx club. It's been one of those days

DoYouThinkSheSawUs Wed 30-Jul-14 16:17:28

The number of times people say have you tried a 7pm bedtime is almost as many who said "all you need is a good bedtime routine" when she didn't sleep more than 2 hours as a baby.

I know you are trying to be helpful. But do you really think I haven't tried that?! Even did a month of shutting her in her bedroom in the evening.... You can't make this one sleep when she doesn't want to. Her little sister, same patenting, different entirely...

PlacidApricots Wed 30-Jul-14 16:19:47

Who said anything about her sleeping? Just shove her in her room, say goodnight, lights out, go. She'll sleep eventually, they can't hold theirselves awake all night..

rootypig Wed 30-Jul-14 16:20:43

Fair enough. I haven't encountered one of these late sleeping children.

Yes, another DVD! line them up grin

DoYouThinkSheSawUs Wed 30-Jul-14 16:21:17

.... Says the person who didn't hear her tantrumming until 6am because we had shut her in her room...

DoYouThinkSheSawUs Wed 30-Jul-14 16:22:38

InSummer, we have actually booked a GP appointment to get her assessed for ASD...

ToffeeMoon Wed 30-Jul-14 16:22:39

Perhaps we could all just swap for a day? No less drama but different tantrums. You know, a change is as good as a rest...

DoYouThinkSheSawUs Wed 30-Jul-14 16:24:24

Sounds like a plan smile

lucysmam Wed 30-Jul-14 16:27:50

Sounds like a good plan Toffee grin

DoYouThinkSheSawUs Wed 30-Jul-14 16:28:05

I have put cbeebies on and she's kicking off because it's not dinopaws. Can't iplayer until after 6 because of bandwidth

rootypig Wed 30-Jul-14 16:29:10

DD is silenced by an ice lolly and it takes her ages to eat. Any good?

DoYouThinkSheSawUs Wed 30-Jul-14 16:31:03

Doesn't like ice lollies. Well she will want them then complain it's cold ffs. Like cake - will pester for one then not eat it.

InSummer Wed 30-Jul-14 16:34:12

List all the things you're concerned about abd explain how things that work on DD2 don't work for DD1 if you really are concerned.

I feel like it goes beyond normal tantrums for us. Dd is 6 now and I've been hit at several times this week because " the sun is too bright but I can't wear glasses because you always get me prickly ones". She will only wear a select few things as well. They are all silly little things when written down, but it's like every part of the day is a battle/having to bribe.

ApocalypseNowt Wed 30-Jul-14 16:34:23

Can you suggest a game of hide and seek and then go and sit in the airing cupboard till around 8.30pm?

Sorry to hear you're having a bad time of it OP. You have my sympathies - and hopefully a glass of wine later?

Adikia Wed 30-Jul-14 16:42:26

I'm up for some swapping, DD's 5 and DS is 10, they can make their own toast, sandwiches, drinks etc but whinge constantly, the current tantrum is DD is bored and DS is sulking because no one will help him practice his football... I would but I've already played 4 times today and he gets cross because I'm rubbish and even a blind kitten could save anything I've kicked apparently hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now