Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What random stuff do you buy from Ikea?

(82 Posts)

I'm not talking bookcases or even swedish meatballs.

I've just sent my neighbour to ikea to buy a packet of plasters and a pair of slippers. They will cost me a grand total of £2.80...

BridgettRousselot Wed 30-Jul-14 12:49:16

Those bright pink slippers? I bought at pair of them, they were taken by dd so I have no idea if they are nice or not.

Is your neighbour a slave or were they off to Ikea and knocked on your door asking if you wanted anything? confused

ThinkIveBeenHacked Wed 30-Jul-14 12:50:08

Those ziplock bags. Id go just for a box of them.

littlewoollypervert Wed 30-Jul-14 12:52:51

The frozen potato fritters. I have been known to have 4 for dinner if home late from work and too tired to be properly hungry or to properly cook.

Ha....a slave would be nice but she was going anyway. A 40mile round trip just for plasters and slippers is a bit beyond the call of dutt.

the plasters a great. Good selection of sizes. No poxy corn plasters which don't even cover a splinter...

the slippers are great. I already have a pair. But I have a tendancy to lose them.

HortenMarket Wed 30-Jul-14 13:05:51

Yes also go for the ziplock bags. Always buy two boxes so I feel I haven't made a wasteful journey. And the huge box of ginger cookies. Mmmmm.

tuckingfablet Wed 30-Jul-14 13:08:17

I have a shit ton of plushy rats in varying sizes. They were cute and no one was buying them so I got some. hmm I may have been pregnant and hormonal at the time....

ZenGardener Wed 30-Jul-14 13:12:21

I'll have to try the plasters next time. <makes excuse to visit Ikea> I saw

I also love the ziplock bags. I've become quite addicted to those little plastic bag clips for closing bags of cereal, cat food etc but I have loads now.

DS loves the packs of paper. DD loves the beads. I hate the beads with a passion though.

Happy36 Wed 30-Jul-14 13:14:48

I am an Ikea virgin. Whenever I tell people this they tell me to keep my precious virginity.

SenatusPopulusqueRomanorum Wed 30-Jul-14 13:20:45

Loo brushes. They cost about 50p so I can throw them away after a couple of months.

exexpat Wed 30-Jul-14 13:25:42

The washing up brushes with a suction cup at the end so you can stick them to the side of your sink to dry.
The bags of clips for reclosing cereal bags etc.
Tea light candles.
Wrapping paper.
The pasta shaped like moose heads.
The shower gel and liquid soap in the family section is quite good when they have it.

exexpat Wed 30-Jul-14 13:26:59

(our closest Ikea is only a 10-min drive away, right near the big Tesco, pet shop and Chinese supermarket, so I quite often pop in for a free cup of coffee and a few bits and pieces)

Ooo loo brushes (frantically texts neighbour to add to list)

I'm not feeling the ziplock bags....whats so special?

Paper I like, but dont need any.

punygod Wed 30-Jul-14 13:45:02

Fucking massive bags of tea lights. Every time. Whether I need them or not always not

Paper napkins. Random artificial flowers and plants. Our house is like a fake Kew. Glass bottles with stoppers. Decant things in like oil to look purty (and like it's not from Aldi). Cushions. We now have too many cushions. Snuggly sort of felty but softer (they're purple currently) blankets for the DCs to have when poorly/watching telly. Picture frames.

Have got my eyes on some of the kiddy type ornaments. There's a wooden jointed horse, like those figures of men you get. We need one of those.

babybat Wed 30-Jul-14 14:31:02

The white tea towels that cost about 30p; they're really nice and make much better table napkins than more expensive ones.

KingJoffreysBloodshotEye Wed 30-Jul-14 14:33:29

IKEA do slippers?

shock

<Feels life changing.>

Had a nice chair delivered from IKEA earlier but a pregnant cat has bagsied it.

hmm

dawndonnaagain Wed 30-Jul-14 14:33:57

100 miles from the nearest Ikea. sad

KingJoffreysBloodshotEye Wed 30-Jul-14 14:35:51

our closest Ikea is only a 10-min drive away, right near the big Tesco, pet shop and Chinese supermarket

10 minutes from an IKEA and a Chinese supermarket?

I'm not a jealous/envious person but your post has rendered me speechless.

envy envy envy

NCFTTB Wed 30-Jul-14 14:38:36

Wrapping paper and those colourful plastic drinking beakers that everyone has!

trikken Wed 30-Jul-14 14:45:21

The cheapest toilet brushes too. I like their products but the place is awful. Our nearest is Southampton and I hate the escalators going all the way to the top.

Shia Wed 30-Jul-14 14:47:55

Exepat, where do you live?

Heaven? grin

Shia Wed 30-Jul-14 14:50:12

My nearest is in Cardiff.

It's a nice store. Very helpful staff.

I'm supposed to be going with my son and his girlfriend in a fort nights time. It's about an hours drive for me.

I always offer to buy them food and they always opt for the hotdog meal at the end! It's so cheap I always ask if they want another one! ;)

Rainicorn Wed 30-Jul-14 14:52:57

I like the umbrellas they sell they're like mini golf umbrellas, very sturdy in strong winds.

GemmaTeller Wed 30-Jul-14 14:54:09

10 minutes away from Ikea for me to (but nowhere near a chinese supermarket sadly) and its next to a huge M&S

Coffee flavour biscuits
those bright bag snap fasteners
packs of 3 scissors
anything in the kitchen bit or market place bit
99p breakfast
mugs to fit my senseo machine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now