Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

what's for breakfast?

(34 Posts)
HappyMedium Wed 30-Jul-14 08:27:04

Likely to be porridge here, fills me up til lunch time so stops me snacking, but I really don't enjoy it and it's so boring. But it does help me lose weight. What I really want is pancakes, bacon and maple syrup.
What's everyone else eating?

CointreauVersial Wed 30-Jul-14 08:34:37

Not sure! We're on holiday, self-catering, and I can't remember what's available.

Might have to do a supermarket run.

If so, it'll be croissants and jam.....mmm..... Not my usual breakfast!

canyou Wed 30-Jul-14 08:35:44

breakkfast for some was cereal at 5.30 am sad
Now it is egg in a cup with soldiers and yoghurt and fruit dip picnic in the garden

PoloMintCity Wed 30-Jul-14 08:41:05

Slice of toast and jam for DS (refused the offer of a banana to go with) with a glass of milk.

Yoghurt and granola for me.

Needadvice5 Wed 30-Jul-14 08:43:56

my ds has asked for toast bur I have no sodding bread!

maybe it'll be boring cereal then?

Cheerios, I know they're full of sugar but they're just so bloody good. We got them in formy DNS when they came to stay over the wknd and can't stop eating them now. My dt1 one says they cheer him up because they are full of cheer grin

(Lots of) toasted homemade soda bread with proper butter and a cup of Yorkshire Gold.

It's my due date today and I'm fed up and comfort eating. Bah.

NorwaySpruce Wed 30-Jul-14 09:01:17

Left over roast lamb.

The children are adding brioche and cold roast parsnips to the mix grin

Last day of stay at mil's house, eating up the supplies we bought so it's yoghurt and Jamaican ginger cake.

BellaVita Wed 30-Jul-14 09:02:50

Yoghurt with a handful of blueberries and a sliced banana with a spoonful of granola on top and a slice of toast with peanut butter.

I have been to the gym this morning, was a fast day yesterday so I had the toast as an "extra".

whatadrain Wed 30-Jul-14 09:03:14

Pink grapefruit and a couple of slices of saucisson!

ThatBloodyWoman Wed 30-Jul-14 09:04:01

Me -coffee and soya milk.

Dd1 - seedy toast and marmite

Dd2 -seedy toast and olive oil spread.

That's...errrr....unusual Norway grin

PopcornFrenzy Wed 30-Jul-14 09:04:07

peanut butter on toast with a kit kat chaser grin

I made smoothies last night with Greek yogurt, banana, blueberries, strawberries, sunflower seeds and honey. I find the seeds make it filling. If I have it at 9 it fills me up till lunch.

DS1 had porridge with pear and apricots.

Oh my god I would LOVE a Kitkat so much!

IdahoHasMyHeart Wed 30-Jul-14 09:11:44

I've had a change from the usual frozen berries with yogurt and granola and had weetabix with milk and a sliced banana. I'm living on the edge! grin

Would love a bacon sandwich...

wubwubwub Wed 30-Jul-14 09:14:54

poached eggs on Marmite toast with a little sprinkling salt... heaven

AgadorSpartacus Wed 30-Jul-14 09:15:06

Gluten/wheat free crap flakes.

Join me won't you? sad grin

TobyLerone Wed 30-Jul-14 09:21:41

DD (6.5 months) had about 5 spoonfuls of porridge with raisins, a couple of strawberries and then whatever she could scrounge from me.

I had toast with butter and strawberry jam, half a toasted teacake with butter and a cup of tea.

GemmaTeller Wed 30-Jul-14 09:25:34

Porridge with grated apple - yum

RawCoconutMacaroon Wed 30-Jul-14 09:26:22

Fresh ground coffee with a significant amount of double cream, some cold roast beef (breakfast protein is usually leftovers in this house), and a handful of berries. Low carb, high fat and moderate protein smile

Breakfast doesn't have to be "breakfast food", a bit of protein and fat will set you up for the day!

Ragwort Wed 30-Jul-14 09:27:47

Cheese scone with butter and more cheese grin.

Disclaimer - it will be brunch !

RawCoconutMacaroon Wed 30-Jul-14 09:28:34

Norwayspruce, sounds perfect to me!

NorwaySpruce Wed 30-Jul-14 09:44:13

Well I must admit, I didn't eat the lamb myself, but chucked it in the direction of everyone looking hungry this morning grin. It's all gone now, so jolly good.

We're going away tomorrow so need to eat everything in the house. It's harder than you'd think, especially as my appetite seems to have flown out of the window, just because things need using up.

MummyPig24 Wed 30-Jul-14 09:46:56

I had toast with raspberry rhubarb apple jam made by my good old nan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now