Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Non-sticky sun cream that doesn't stain white clothes

(22 Posts)
satsumasunrise Tue 29-Jul-14 15:53:46

Is there a sun cream out there with a high spf that doesn't make you look like you've been dipped in oil and doesn't stain your clothes?

All my son's school polo shirts are ruined. I keep trying different brands but I've yet to find the holy grail of sun creams that ticks all the boxes.

LoveMyBoots Tue 29-Jul-14 16:08:07

I'm currently using the Boots Soltan kids rapid cover SPF30. It's less gloopy than the regular kids' one and so far there are no issues with staining, unless I'm not using it correctly! No sunburn yet either, though I was sceptical at first as it seems so thin in comparison to the regular one.

ChatEnOeuf Tue 29-Jul-14 16:17:53

Banana boat powder dry is pretty good in that it isn't greasy. Don't know how it affects clothes though

honeycrest Tue 29-Jul-14 16:36:21

Banana boat quick dry sport SPF30 is good too. It's clear so no issues with clothing.

silverten Tue 29-Jul-14 16:38:36

Banana boat powder Dri stains clothing if you get it on clothes before its dried. Don't think it does once dry.

Must try the sport version...

Currently testing Calypso on our family! No burning yet and much more popular with DCs than sticky conventional stuff. Available in SPF30 and SPF50 and on special offer at Sainsbury's online.

rootypig Tue 29-Jul-14 17:11:46

Bepanthen SPF 50 doesn't stain. It does, however, cost a fucking arm and leg.

micah Tue 29-Jul-14 17:13:57

Nivea spray SPF 50. It's a clear liquid, much easier than cream, and no stains.

JsOtherHalf Tue 29-Jul-14 17:25:17

Ultrasun.

JsOtherHalf Tue 29-Jul-14 17:25:23

Ultrasun.

Furball Tue 29-Jul-14 17:29:22

Another calypso fan

I use the all day one 30 factor - it goes on sooooo easily and thats it, done for the day smile

shouldnthavesaid Tue 29-Jul-14 17:45:27

Garnier clear protect transparent body spray. Amazing stuff - don't even have to rub it in, just spray everywhere it needs to be and go smile

blondepip Tue 29-Jul-14 17:47:18

Loving ultrasun too!

wonkylegs Tue 29-Jul-14 17:55:37

Factor 50 Garnier clear protect on body here, hasn't stained DSs or my clothes. I use it most of the year as I am photo sensitive & it's been great.
DS has morrisons kids cream on his face & I use garnier cream again no problems with either.

Billoddiesbeard Tue 29-Jul-14 18:00:00

Ultra sun, brilliant stuff smile

wigglybeezer Tue 29-Jul-14 18:07:45

They all stain eventually (parent of redheads and sunblock veteran). DS1 took very expensive Ultrasun on a waterspouts holiday to the south of France, it did a good job of preventing him frying but wrecked his rash vest and shorts, I looked up staining and seem to remember that the water in some environments (in this case a limestone area) reacts more with the chemical sunblock and stains more.

I leave school shirts and polos on the washing line for a couple of days and the sun bleaches the worst of the yellow away ( also works for yellow pillow cases).

satsumasunrise Tue 29-Jul-14 19:48:09

Thanks for all the suggestions. I've tried hanging out the shirts wiggly but will leave them out for longer in future.

silverten Tue 29-Jul-14 19:49:19

Do the stains come out with vanish, does anyone know...?

satsumasunrise Tue 29-Jul-14 21:29:44

It helps a bit but doesn't get rid of the stain completely in my experience.

PartyFops Tue 29-Jul-14 21:34:36

This year we have been using sun sense toddler milk. I have not yet seen any marks on dd's clothes this summer. It's not greasy either.

wigglybeezer Tue 29-Jul-14 23:16:23

It seems to help if you, ahem, accidentally leave them out to get rained on, then dry again regularly, happens a lot in my neck of the woods.

Happy36 Wed 30-Jul-14 12:25:29

Well I use La Roche Posay Anti Helios SPF 50 which is great. It doesn't seem to stain the kids' clothes, certainly it hadn't stained any of mine. I am allergic to many sun creams but not this one and it feels really light too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now