Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Sweat proof holiday makeup

(17 Posts)
Warmandtoasty Tue 29-Jul-14 15:58:10

Thanks guys, as usual I've left everything to the last minute but I will be heading to boots tomorrow to try out some of these! Fingers crossed I will get something

Shonajay Tue 29-Jul-14 15:04:23

I'm the same. I agree with the eyebrow tint/ tidy up, also I use an avon gel liner that stays put through anything, but that needs kept in the fridge or it melts. I find something nude like MAC Patisserie nice on the lips, Estée Lauder have just brought out a light version of their double wear which is like a stay put bb cream and also has an spf30 in it.

Tan wise I'm using that liberata stuff that's supposed to last a while, I got the light version as I'm pale, and will do it twice.

bauhausfan Tue 29-Jul-14 14:27:13

You could try Benetint for your lips - personally I don't like it as it is too crimson for me.

bauhausfan Tue 29-Jul-14 14:26:04

I'm the same Warmandtoasty - I have horrible skin and a large scar. I believe that dermablend make a foundation you can swim in etc. I wear Estee Lauder Doublewear which stays on really well and has so much coverage I don't need a concealer with it.

Warmandtoasty Tue 29-Jul-14 14:17:48

Thanks LJBanana, I already have black eyelashes and brows but will book in to get them tidied up before I go! So much to do...

LJBanana Tue 29-Jul-14 14:14:55

Spray tan won't wash off in the pool. It will gradually come off and you might need to scrub (exfoliate) the odd bit off. Make sure you get a good one. A good therapist won't make it look fake. A healthy glow lets say.
Also get some lash perfect lashes done and a good eyebrow tidy and tint.
Then you will be able to wear more minimal make up without feeling self concious.

Warmandtoasty Tue 29-Jul-14 14:04:27

I have a moisturiser for face with a gradual tanner in it I could use that to give myself a bit more colour, I don't naturally tan at all so i stay pale the whole 2 weeks I'm away!

FrogStomp Tue 29-Jul-14 14:01:07

Could you have a spray tan on your face before you go? Never had one myself, so don't know if you can just have your face done? Might make you feel a bit more secure, then you can maybe just use a skin brightener or something similar.

I use a pressed powder after applying foundation too, just to my forehead.

Warmandtoasty Tue 29-Jul-14 13:57:53

Thanks guys, I've posted in style & beauty too. I use makeup to hide behind and the thought of not terrifies me, I felt so uncomfortable having makeup sweating off on holiday last year and probably looked a state because of it so I will try to go more minimal.

What about a really good face sun cream during the day with a little concealer covering my worst spots? Need to find one with good staying power though. And at night I could do bb cream, mascara, cream blush and a lip tint so much more natural but not bare!

I will have a look at the too faced one as I love their eyeshadows. Does a spray tan wash off as soon as you get in the pool?

FrogStomp Tue 29-Jul-14 13:48:43

This is just for the evening btw.

No make up in the day on holiday abroad.

FrogStomp Tue 29-Jul-14 13:47:02

I use a primer underneath my make up, makes a bit of difference. Just bought one by Rimmel to take away with me.

I always wait a good five minutes after moisturising until applying foundation.

specialsubject Tue 29-Jul-14 13:36:25

no, you don't look 'washed out and pale' without makeup - assuming you aren't ill.

spots and scars -everyone has those.

the slidy sweaty slapped up holiday look is just awful, and will be really uncomfortable too.

wear some in the evening, in the day just sunscreen and enjoy being able to swim, walk, sightsee without forever having to redo your face.

have a great time.

squoosh Tue 29-Jul-14 13:29:41
HotPinkWeaselWearingLederhosen Tue 29-Jul-14 13:29:20

I cheat.

I get a spray tan and eyelash extensions before I go.

Then I take a good mineral matt bronzer and kabuki brush and mascara for my bottom lashes.

The bronzers great for evening out imperfections.

WaitMonkey Tue 29-Jul-14 13:28:53

Post on style and beauty. They will help. smile

MagratsHair Tue 29-Jul-14 13:26:01

I'm cool toned with really pale skin & brunette hair, but I tend to get a bit tanned in summer so can wear warm toned make up then as well.

I don't wear foundation at all in this heat, I use Too Faced BB cream in Vanilla Glow. It gives you a lovely warm skin tone & its always stayed on. I use it with Benefit Sugarbomb as a blusher, a gold toned eyeshadow near the lashline (Half Baked from Urban Decay Naked 1 palette) & a neutral on the rest of the lid & Clinique chubby stick in Mega Melon which is my go to summer colour as its natural but also stops corpse lips & it has a little gloss.

Warmandtoasty Tue 29-Jul-14 13:15:45

I'm going on holiday in 2 days and have just had a meltdown whilst looking at what makeup to take on holiday so hoping for some help.

Every year I take far too much, I always wear a full face of make up at night and normally wear some during the day but I struggle to find stuff that doesn't slip off in the heat.

I have really bad skin, spotty, scarring from old spots & full of freckles, I also look extremely washed out and pale without makeup so I heavily rely on it to make me feel better so going completely bare isn't really an option.

Can anyone recommend any of these things that have good staying power and will last the heat

Bb cream or tinted moisturiser
Foundation
Cream blush
Mascara
Concealer

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now