Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

LMAO at this - tis true ! Can you add any more ??

(113 Posts)
Softlysoftlycatchymonkey Tue 29-Jul-14 10:29:12

1. Miming the songs in assembly instead of actually singing because you lived the thug life and cared for nobody.

2. Absolutely whacking the person you hated on the head during a heated game of Duck Duck Goose.

3. Using your pencil case to cover your answers in your spelling test because all of your classmates were cheating six year old bastards.

4. Sitting on the benches in assembly in Year 6, looking down at all the younger pupils, and thinking 'started from Reception now we're here'.

5. Singing "He's got the whole world in his PANTS" in assembly because you were a comical genius who couldn't be controlled.

6. Being sent to 'the wall' at playtime and having to watch all of your friends play whilst you stood and lost all of your dignity.

7. Unsticking yourself when nobody was looking whilst playing Stuck In The Mud because you were too sassy and lived life in the fast lane.

8. Spending the whole of your primary school life trying to get your gooey alien pregnant

9. Watching Art Attack after school and thinking that anything was possible as long as you had some PVA glue.

10. Being chosen to be 'the murderer' in a tense game of Wink Murder and feeling like a mastermind criminal with no limits to your power.

11. Rolling down your big school socks into doughnuts around your ankles because you were the ultimate trendsetter who followed nobody's rules.

12. Getting chosen to give out the whiteboards and giving the person that you hated the dirtiest one with a pen that didn't work.

13. "I'll be the mum, you can be the dad" What can I be? "You're the dog"

14. When the teacher asked you to get into a space in PE and you swung your arms around, hitting as many kids as possible, to show your space.

15. Accidentally singing an extra 'of kings' at the end of 'Sing Hosanna' and feeling like you'd let your family, school and country down.

16. Being asked to take a note to another teacher and feeling like you had just been honoured with the task of taking the ring to Mordor.

17. Spreading glue all over your hands, waiting for it to dry, and peeling it off because you were a reckless six year old.

18. Holding your palm over someone's head without them realising was a foolproof way of counting how many boyfriends/girlfriends they had.

19. Renaming 'Bulldog' after it got banned because you were a gang of no-nonsense nine year olds and nobody could stand in your way.

20. Not clapping your hands during 'if you're happy and you know it' because you were a miserable bastard who couldn't be controlled.

21. Listening to the teacher tell you the story about the kid who swung too far back on his chair and died.

22. Coming back to school after being on holiday with a hair braid and feeling way too bootylicious for the untraveled pupils in your class.

23. Wearing a gym cone as a hat when the teacher wasn't looking in PE and thinking that you were absolutely hilarious.

24. "Miss, I've broken my arm!" Just put a wet paper towel on it

25. Wearing your Total 90s to school and feeling like you'd be getting called up to represent England any day soon.

26. Being at the front of the line to walk to assembly and feeling like royalty leading your peasant subjects to war.

27. Absolutely shitting yourself with excitement if the coach drove past your house when you were going on a school trip.

28. You'd never felt pain until you got whipped with a skipping rope when running too close to an oblivious skipper.

29. Paper clipping lined paper underneath white paper to neatly write on so your piece of work looked fresh as f**k on the wall

30. Inviting your friend round for tea after school in order to show off your inflatable furniture.

grin

EatShitDerek Tue 29-Jul-14 10:32:11

grin Oh lord I was unstoppable!

Softlysoftlycatchymonkey Tue 29-Jul-14 10:34:43

No.27 had me howling ha ha - that was me grin

MagnificentMaleficent Tue 29-Jul-14 10:36:09

I've seen this on FB smile

Mine would be hours playing elastics in the playground and practicing tricks on metal yoyo's from Coca Cola and Sprite.

Oh and the tracing paper in the toilets with (in our school) Birmingham City Council printed on each sheet.

Bifauxnen Tue 29-Jul-14 10:37:05

"9. Watching Art Attack after school and thinking that anything was possible as long as you had some PVA glue."

I still believe this.

Softlysoftlycatchymonkey Tue 29-Jul-14 10:38:45

Ouch!! To the tracing paper toilet roll!! Grim !

Another one, Grolsh bottle tops on your shoes!! WTF?

Softlysoftlycatchymonkey Tue 29-Jul-14 10:39:35

Yeah I'm convinced he has a out one fir his powdered paint giant pictures hmm

HarrietSchulenberg Tue 29-Jul-14 10:40:17

I think you must be considerably younger than me, but I'd like to add:

31. Playing horses with skipping rope and a friend, and insisting on being the horse so you could drag your smaller, slower friend behind you.

32. Being well pissed off when you had to be the rider in the horse/friend/skipping rope game as your friend was a) very slow and b) had an unnerving habit of stopping dead to bend down and straighten her socks, making you somersault over the back of her.

NerfHerder Tue 29-Jul-14 10:43:00

I doubt many MNers actually had 'Reception' and 'Y6', nor gooey aliens nor watched Art Attack tbh. Is this just ripped off FB?
Individial whiteboards?
What a luxury..

MonkeyDLuffy Tue 29-Jul-14 10:43:16

Drawing on fax machine paper when it was play.

Cardriver Tue 29-Jul-14 10:44:47

Me too Bif grin

MonkeyDLuffy Tue 29-Jul-14 10:45:07

I had a gooey alien. 'Twas shit and never got upduffed.

EatShitDerek Tue 29-Jul-14 10:48:21

I doubt many MNers actually had 'Reception' and 'Y6', nor gooey aliens nor watched Art Attack tbh. Is this just ripped off FB?

It will be from FB but what's the problem? And I had reception and Y6, had gooey aliens that never got pregnant and loved Art Attack.

Some of us are young you know. We dont infiltrate the 'Been a kid in the 60's, 70's 80's' threads.

Waltermittythesequel Tue 29-Jul-14 10:48:45

These are fantastic!

And YY to the fax machine paper!

In our school someone got picked to run up and down the corridor ringing the bell for lunch. It was like being chosen to carry the Olympic Torch!

ineedsleepzzz Tue 29-Jul-14 10:52:03

this was exactly my school life grin

This made me grin, I did most of those!

Although it is ripped from Facebook - Buzzfeed, HelloUni and other pages have posted this in the last few days

riskit4abiskit Tue 29-Jul-14 10:54:52

Sniggering at the hymn bit that went 'I was cold I was NAKED were you there? And shouting the naked.

Totally remember the joys of being allowed to ring the bell

PandasRock Tue 29-Jul-14 10:55:59

Fax paper was proper posh - we had the old green lined printer paper grin

We didn't have reception/year 6, but did have Art Attack (was highly exciting in our school, as our music teacher's son was the producer of AA, so lots of big art stuff was done at school)

I have absolutely no idea what a gooey alien is, but the. I have never been a trendsetter (as evidenced by the fact that I used to roll my socks down into doughnuts grin)

Oscarandelliesmum Tue 29-Jul-14 10:56:14

Number 24 - still works a treat

MagnificentMaleficent Tue 29-Jul-14 10:57:01

I was the in the first lot of year 7's in 1989.

Just realised how old I am...

And getting hit by sponge footballs, which were minging when wet. Do kids still play with those?

riskit4abiskit Tue 29-Jul-14 10:57:17

Everyone having their own special method of making conkers hard such as covering it in nail varnish or putting it in the freezer. Calling said cooker a sixer or a tenner depending upon how many other conkers it had destroyed

Softlysoftlycatchymonkey Tue 29-Jul-14 10:57:52

Yes off facebook is it illegal

Ah the fax paper! Was miles of the stuff shock then peeling the holey bit of the edge grin

Monopolice Tue 29-Jul-14 10:59:04

Panda Only 1 pair of socks shock No no no no no what you needed was 1 pair pulled up over your knee, and another pair over the top that were pulled down into a casual doughnut/fallen down arrangement grin

Softlysoftlycatchymonkey Tue 29-Jul-14 11:00:19

Yes to rabbits naked lyrics and my conkers got burnt!
Sponge footballs when wet.... Effing disgrace!

Softlysoftlycatchymonkey Tue 29-Jul-14 11:01:00

Clearly a trail blazer mono

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now