Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What colour are the days of the week?

(76 Posts)
missknows Tue 29-Jul-14 09:33:39

Monday is Blue
Tuesday is Orange
Wednesday is Green
Thursday is Brown
Friday is Purple
Saturday is Red
Sunday is Yellow

Monday, Wednesday and Friday are odd therefore tall and straight like a number 1- They make me feel happy

Tuesday and Thursday are even therefore fat, round and grim- I don't like them.

Saturday and Sunday don't follow normal convention.

Just found out not everyone thinks this, but they do, don't they? What colour are the days of the week to you?

couldthisbeit Tue 29-Jul-14 10:18:21

I don't see colours for the days but do see the week in a shape. It is a capital D with Saturday and Sunday being the straight edge, the D is presented like a semi circle with the straight edge horizontally on the bottom Monday curves to the right, making Wednesday the peak of the curve. Never thought anyone else might remotely get this! For some reqson, thinking of the year is like a capital B facing the wrong way, with December ans january being the straight edge and moving anti clockwise.

Those with synesthesia, do you find that it changed how you named your children? If for example you liked the names Alfie or Charlie, but those sort of names were brown, drab colours, but Max and Sebastian were bright red and yellow, how did you choose? Can you change the colours through positive thinking?

PerpendicularVincenzo Tue 29-Jul-14 10:30:13

Monday - yellow
Tuesday - blue/grey and chubby
Wednesday - wood
Thursday - a running tap
Friday - red
Saturday - blue
Sunday - nothing

Synaesthesia is strange grin, but more common than I thought by the looks of this thread!

Kareoke, it did for me. Certain names/words make me feel sick, so I chose a name for DC that I associated with pleasant images.

This is fascinating!

I get it with one word - "God" is a plump, comforting, cotton woolly word, with a slow bounce, like an old balloon dropping, and a kind of squeaking creak like balloons rubbing together.
Don't ask.

missknows Tue 29-Jul-14 12:39:21

Yes tobeabat odd is superior to even. 2 and 4 just make me angry whereas I feel very positive about 5 etc. Stupid thing is 18 has always been 'my number' and I don't like that my number is even but I can't change it.

Months also have colours but that's more obvious as it goes with seasons etc whereas days of the week seems more bizarre.

Numbers all have colours too. Maybe that's why I don't like colours like brown and orange because they are all the even numbers.

Words don't have colours but lots of names do- not random names though, only names of people I know.

Karaoke I am a teacher so my brain already has 100s of associations of names with different things such as hair colour, manners, behaviour without me even wanting it to so I can only assumed that that influenced the name of my daughter. Just so happens though that my daughters name appears baby pink to me even though I have always been a tomboy and never a pink person.

Viviennemary Tue 29-Jul-14 12:41:33

Monday grey
Tuesday yellow
wednesday pink
Thursday greyish
Friday bluish grey
Saturday reddish
sunday blue

rumbelina Tue 29-Jul-14 12:51:09

Monday is Red
Tuesday Orange
Wednesday Yellow
Thursday....not sure probably Orange
Friday Green
Saturday Black
Sunday Black/Grey/Brown

Read 'Born on a Blue Day' if you are interested in this kind of thing. About/by a savant with aspergers and synesthesia - he can remember pi to about a million decimal places and sees it all as one big changing shape.

Itscurtainsforyou Tue 29-Jul-14 12:54:04

Wednesday is definitely greensmile
Tuesday is yellow

Does anyone else think of numbers/letters in patterns? A-Z in an inverted C shape. Numbers in a step shape, so 0-10 bottom to top, then 11-20 left to right, then 21-110 bottom to top.

TheSporkforeatingkyriarchy Tue 29-Jul-14 12:59:21

Monday Yellow, Tuesday Pink, Wednesday Green (apparently quite common!), Thursday Orange, Friday Blue, Saturday Purple, Sunday Red.

I have a binder that has a printed week schedule in it that I colouring the background of the columns to match and it makes it a lot easier for me to see and generally makes me happy.

Mordirig Tue 29-Jul-14 13:00:06

Monday is Royal Blue
Tuesday is Canary Yellow
Wednesday is Brown
Thursday is Purple
Friday is Navy blue
Saturday is Orange
Sunday is Green.

JellySnakesLadderedTights Tue 29-Jul-14 13:03:15

Monday - Bright Pink
Tuesday - Sky Blue
Wednesday - Black
Thursday - Grey
Friday - Yellow
Saturday - Orange
Sunday - Brown

Mordirig Tue 29-Jul-14 13:03:22

Actually Sunday is striped.

JellySnakesLadderedTights Tue 29-Jul-14 13:09:04

Also months of the year

January - Red
February - Green
March - Very Pale Pink
April - Red
May - White
June - Cadbury's Purple
July - Cadbury's Purple
August - Orange
September - Yellow
October - Orange
November - Brown
December - White

Beachfarmandzootoo Tue 29-Jul-14 13:15:25

In labour I felt my contractions as numbers on a specific scale (was mostly odd numbers going up and even numbers as they passed their peak) all between 1 and about 27, not a particular pattern, not prime or anything "known"). The numbers also appeared on steps and had a curve as the steps went up, plateaud and then "disappeared". The steps weren't all even sized, probably had something to do with the differing gaps between the numbers.
Remember thinking the Registrar should wait until a number in the 20s before talking to me about possible EMCS - he spoke round about the mid to late teens of a contraction, silly man.

JenniferJo Tue 29-Jul-14 13:23:48

I have synaesthesia as well.

And Monday is yellow.

FatherSpodoKomodo Tue 29-Jul-14 13:39:10

My DS4 has synesthesia. I discovered

FatherSpodoKomodo Tue 29-Jul-14 13:39:12

My DS4 has synesthesia. I discovered

Panzee Tue 29-Jul-14 13:41:20

All you weird odd lovers. Even is the best!

FatherSpodoKomodo Tue 29-Jul-14 13:43:18

My DS4 (age 10) has synesthesia. I discovered a couple of months ago When he randomly said the number2 is orange. Every number has a colour. I find it fascinating - he's the only one out of my 5 boys to have it, even his twin was a bit bemused by it!

I asked him what colour the days of the week are:

Monday: white
Tuesday: brown
Wednesday: brown
Thursday: no colour
Friday: black
Saturday: blue
Sunday: white

FrogStomp Tue 29-Jul-14 13:44:55

From the age of approx 9 years of age, I always said that Wednesday was 'a green sort of day' - therefore, Wednesday is definitely green! It's the law grin

I'm glad it's not just me.

I've not thought much about the other days and I don't know where this idea cropped up, don't even know why I chose Wednesday hmm

I would give Friday Pink, Sunday grey and Monday most definitely black.

OnlyLovers Tue 29-Jul-14 17:40:41

No, odd numbers are best. <<gavel>>

Three stems of flowers in a vase looks better than two or four. Ditto oranges in a bowl.

Pandora37 Tue 29-Jul-14 17:45:47

Monday is red
Tuesday is yellow
Wednesday is green
Thursday is orange
Friday is light blue
Saturday is purple
Sunday is pink

SconeRhymesWithGone Tue 29-Jul-14 17:48:04

Those with synesthesia, do you find that it changed how you named your children?

Definitely. I don't like orange so I could never name a child an orange name.

Notquiteallthereyet Tue 29-Jul-14 17:52:50

Monday - blue
Tuesday - green
Thursday - blackish
Wednesday - dull orange
Friday - dark yellow - an ugly colour
Saturday - blue-white
Sunday - clear

I don't think it's real synesthesia in my case. More a long established habit of thinking.

forago Tue 29-Jul-14 18:00:59

Monday - pink
Tuesday - white
Wednesday - green
Thursday - blue
Friday - yellow
Saturday - beige
Sunday - brown

dc1 - blue
dc2 - green
dc3 - red

I think I subconsciously named them blue green and red names as it makes it easy to colour coordinate their possessions

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now