Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What colour are the days of the week?

(76 Posts)
missknows Tue 29-Jul-14 09:33:39

Monday is Blue
Tuesday is Orange
Wednesday is Green
Thursday is Brown
Friday is Purple
Saturday is Red
Sunday is Yellow

Monday, Wednesday and Friday are odd therefore tall and straight like a number 1- They make me feel happy

Tuesday and Thursday are even therefore fat, round and grim- I don't like them.

Saturday and Sunday don't follow normal convention.

Just found out not everyone thinks this, but they do, don't they? What colour are the days of the week to you?

chinamoon Tue 29-Jul-14 09:37:21

2/7 right for me.

Monday is sky blue, Wednesday is green.

But the rest are:
Tuesday is dark blue, Thursday is Violet, Friday is Red, Saturday is yellow and Sunday is dark brown (espresso coloured.)

No day is orange.

TaraRhode Tue 29-Jul-14 09:40:14

Mon Navy
Tues khaki
Wed I DON'T KNOW
Thurs Purple
Friday Green bright
Sat Yellow
Sun Orange

Fav Tue 29-Jul-14 09:43:56

Monday is blue
Tuesday is yellow
Wednesday is green
Thursday is brown
Friday is purple
Saturday is orange
Sunday is dull greeny brown.

BuzzardBird Tue 29-Jul-14 09:45:34

Wednesday is green was the first thing that sprang to mind! Why is this?

tobeabat Tue 29-Jul-14 09:52:42

Synaesthesia!?

Sadly i don't think like you...but i do think they are odd and even:

M e
T e
W o
T e
F o
S o
S e

missknows Tue 29-Jul-14 09:53:31

I knew I wasn't going mad. I wonder why so many people view days as the same or similar colours to others. Maybe there is some sort of subliminal messaging going on we don't know about.

Incidentally Wednesday is also number 5 because that too is green even though it's obviously not the 5th day of the week.

ToffeeWhirl Tue 29-Jul-14 09:53:44

I think you may all have synesthesia.

Days of the week aren't in any way colourful to me. Which is a shame, because it sounds fun.

SnottySundays Tue 29-Jul-14 09:53:52

Hmmm... Thursday is dark red, and in fact whenever Christmas day is on a Thursday I always have an image of dark red v neck jumpers. Er...
Monday is turquoise
Tuesday is green
Wednesday is bright red
Thursday - as above
Friday is yellow
Saturday is pale blue
Sunday is pale green!

tobeabat Tue 29-Jul-14 09:54:06

Sorry, just saw you do actually do odd and even as well as colour!

missknows Tue 29-Jul-14 09:55:17

tobeabat do you like and dislike odd and even?

MalletsMallet Tue 29-Jul-14 09:56:09

Monday is White/Yellow....The same as my first name!
Tuesday is Dark Orange
Wednesday is Reddy Pinky Orange
Thursday is Dark Orange.....I always think it must be the T that makes Tues And Thurs the same.
Friday is Purple
Saturday is Red
Sunday is Dark Green but is sometimes a Maroon colour.

February is Dark Pink, as is my daughters name which begins with F. Maybe it's down to individual letters and not whole words?
HA! I've just typed that and realised my mum and sister have the same colour names but they don't start with the same letters and are nothing alike. I've often felt left out because I have a wishy washy White/Yellow name and they both have Reddy/Brown names. Like Autumn leaves.

BeckAndCall Tue 29-Jul-14 09:56:39

The days don't have colours for me but the week does have a shape - think of a graph - mon and tue are near the bottom - running along evenly, then wed starts climbing into Thursday and Friday then by Friday evening it's going up exponentially into a peak lasting all Saturday until Sunday lunch time when it plummets back down to the bottom to start the next Monday.

You should see what the shape of a year looks like!

temporaryusername Tue 29-Jul-14 10:03:06

Monday - a rather dullish green
Tuesday - an orangey red/coral
Wednesday - green, more mid-green. Undertones of lavender blue.
Thursday - mid brown
Friday - yellowish faun
Saturday -cream
Sunday - pale -ish green

tobeabat Tue 29-Jul-14 10:05:21

I feel like odd is superior somehow to even...? Odd is more interesting (but can see direct association there in language?)

Monday is dark blue
Tuesday is orange
Wednesday is green
Thursday is red
Friday is white
Saturday is yellow
Sunday is greyish

Whaaaat?! I have never ever associated colours with days of the week.

But my brain works in words and always has, I find anything visual quite difficult to process. grin

StillFrigginRexManningDay Tue 29-Jul-14 10:07:50

Days of the week have no colours but the alphabet does. And names.

I don't see words or weekdays with colours either, it does sound interesting!
Captain Corelli had synesthesia (sp? Autocorrect suggests "dune thesis"), I recall he called a tune "a particularly vile shade of puce".

I see a year as a circle, and the years from 1900 onwards go left to right, but prior to 1900 they double back to 1800. I'm not quite sure what happens before then though. 1600s started on the right and go left though.

Months of the year have colours to me, but that's because of birthstones that I used to be obsessed with as a sprite.

BlinkingHeck Tue 29-Jul-14 10:09:41

Monday is Blue
Tuesday is Green
Wednesday Yellow
Thursday Orange
Friday Red
Saturday Pink
Sunday Gold

StillFrigginRexManningDay Tue 29-Jul-14 10:14:42

Certain words are also different colours but not all words. Door is red, cup is light green, shave is purple and so on. They also divide into good and bad words but I don't know what makes it good or bad.

OnlyLovers Tue 29-Jul-14 10:14:46

Monday deep brown
Tuesday blue like a spring sky
Wednesday orange like a ripe orange's skin
Thursday cocoa brown
Friday deep red
Saturday forest green
Sunday soft gold

I think Wednesday, Friday and Saturday smell nice. Like the coffee-and-pastries smell in a cafe or at a station in the morning –comforting but exciting.

Monday smells fresh but quite neutral. Tuesday's a bit stale. Thursday smells warm. Sunday is warm but like the smell of yesterday's stew hanging about.

waitingforgodot Tue 29-Jul-14 10:14:57

I don't see colours in days of the week but my mum saw colours in music. Anyone else see that?

BalloonSlayer Tue 29-Jul-14 10:15:25

ooh we have some similarities OP!

Monday is blue
Tuesday is beige
Wednesday is red
Thursday is brown
Friday is blue (used to have a sweetshop on it but this has faded in the mists of time)
Saturday is grey
Sunday is yellow

(although Sunday being yellow is hardly an astonishing coincidence)

I see the weeks, and years as a sort of mis-shapen circle. The weekdays are along the bottom and Sat and Sun on the top. The year I see also a big sort of ring, when I am thinking of a particular part of the year I mentally zoom in closer to that bit. I do a similar thing with numbers: they are all in a sort of ribbon, and when they hit a significant point, like 10, 20, 30 they change angle slightly. A bit like this picture of the yellow brick road. Again, if I am thinking of 28+6 or something I will mentally zoom in on that bit and imagine it (well actually I am old enough to just know it is 34 but that's what I used to do).

I do the same with years and centuries. I had a bit of trouble with the millennium as - like many children of the 60s - I couldn't imagine any date further in the future than 2000, but I did manage to adjust my mental map when it came to it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now