Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What name would you pick?

(61 Posts)
KnackeredMuchly Mon 28-Jul-14 19:34:41

Can't just be me who hears a lovely name and thinks "If I ever need to pick a name, that's what I'd choose". Of course I'd like never to go into witness protection but I do have a day dream every now and then

My first name would probably be Sarah or Louise. I love twee surnames blush , Lovell or Lovegood. The surname Honeychurch was on CDWM today (recorded) which prompted the thread.

oohnewshoes Mon 28-Jul-14 19:38:54

Jane as a first name. Slips nicely under the radar. It's pretty without being ott.

My surname would be Lacey. I met someone with that name as a child and thought it soo romantic.

I love the name Aurelia.

Aurelia Fitz-James. Or some such.

LovelyWeatherForDucks Mon 28-Jul-14 19:49:24

Ooh this is fun.
I'd be Kate - simple but pretty.
I met someone with the surname Bloomfield (or Bloomwood?) recently and though that was a nice sounding surname. My maiden and married names are both boring and quite harsh-sounding, and hard to find DC names to go with.

KnackeredMuchly Mon 28-Jul-14 19:51:10

You've all made good choices!

Hmm, shall I change my hair as well??

Lunastarfish Mon 28-Jul-14 19:51:36

I decided a long time ago I'd be Venetia Amos. It would be the pen name too!

I love Lara, really love it, if we'd had a girl that would have been her name.

Surname: Peach, Golightly or Fitzherbert.

MummyBeerest Mon 28-Jul-14 19:53:09

I like the name Samantha, always wanted to be a Samantha. Can't explain why. I even like the nn Sam.

Surname, King. Royal and bold.

Samantha King, or Sam King, sounds awesome.

Floop Mon 28-Jul-14 19:55:32

I'd be Francesca Castle.

Shia Mon 28-Jul-14 19:59:55

I think Arielle Dombasle has a lovely sounding name. She is exquisite too.

I have an uncle Sonny. I'd like to be called Sunny, it has warm and happy connotations.

For years as a child I wanted to be called Judy after Judy Garland and Judy magazine.

TheFirstOfHerName Mon 28-Jul-14 20:07:18

My name and DD's name have already been mentioned!

As a child, I went through a phase of wanting to be called Rivertree. DD sometimes pretends her name is Sapphire.

foxdongle Mon 28-Jul-14 20:08:52

Zara or Tara Starzynski

hiccupgirl Mon 28-Jul-14 20:10:22

I always wanted to be Samantha too as a child...just much cooler than my actual name.

I quite fancy Samantha Harrington or Eliza Harris.

Squitten Mon 28-Jul-14 20:11:33

Eleanor DeWinter

MarkWrightsLonelyBraincell Mon 28-Jul-14 20:30:02

Nina Flowers. grin

KnackeredMuchly Mon 28-Jul-14 20:34:15

I am totally loving Fitzherbert. It os going on my list!!

MarkWrightsLonelyBraincell Mon 28-Jul-14 20:44:04

I can't help but think of the character in Bridget Jones - Mr TitsPervert (Fitzherbert).

Peaceloveandbiscuits Mon 28-Jul-14 20:50:52

Awwww can't say why, but the fact that you chose those two first names has made my day smile

Peaceloveandbiscuits Mon 28-Jul-14 20:51:32

Oh and my friend had to do exactly this, change her name to something she plucked out of the air, and I lovelovelove her choice.

Coumarin Mon 28-Jul-14 21:22:57

Valentine always strikes me as a great surname. Quite fancy English as well, not sure why.

My married name has given the name of a character in a book which pleases me no end. grin

Coumarin Mon 28-Jul-14 21:23:25

*has given me

CornChips Mon 28-Jul-14 21:27:43

Hmmm..... if I had to choose and go into witness protection, I would be something like Loveday D'Monteville

And I would cut my hair short, dye it black and try and work a festival rock chick vibe. (Currently mousey brown bob and frumpy.).

Plasticpineapple Mon 28-Jul-14 21:30:57

I'd be Julia. Met a young girl called this the other day and thought it very pretty but not something I'd think of. 'Normal' enough for witness protection or a pseudonym.

Surname... Evans? Clark? Something easy spell, which mine isn't!

Marcipex Mon 28-Jul-14 21:38:06

De Winter. I think it's the best name ever.
Almost any first name would go with it, but I might choose Nancy.

ClairDeLoon Mon 28-Jul-14 21:41:30

De Winter is my dream surname! Ramona De Winter.

Instead I'm just plain Lily. Our DD would have been Ramona but DH hates it, so it's still reserved for mewink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now