Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What's it like getting a foot tattoo?

(32 Posts)
iwanttobemrsnorthman Sun 27-Jul-14 21:06:39

Hi
i am debating getting a tattoo on the top of my foot, it will be my first!
Have I gone mad? Would anyone care to share their experiences of getting a tattoo? I don't know anyone who has one in real life to ask.

I have loads of tattoos, half sleeve, hands, back, pubic area etc (lots of sensitive bits). The worst was my foot, it was unbearable and 5 years on, still isn't finished. Choose a different spot to start or buy a truck load of emla cream.

EatShitDerek Sun 27-Jul-14 21:10:11

Painful I imagine grin

I have two tats and they hurt never mind one on my foot. I'm too much of a wuss for that

Spooky, I've just booked in to get a foot tattoo on 12th August! I'll report back (if I remember) grin

blueskiesandflowers Sun 27-Jul-14 21:15:15

I have 5 ankle tattoo was most painful it is bone

iwanttobemrsnorthman Sun 27-Jul-14 21:16:03

Looks like I had better pick a different spot then grin

FortyFacedFuckers Sun 27-Jul-14 21:17:54

I have 9 tattoos and I wouldn't say my foot was any worse than any of the others.

McBear Sun 27-Jul-14 21:20:30

I have one on each foot. One is on the outside about two fingers width away from my ankle bone but about half a finger width below it. The other is on the other foot and starting at the same place but going right the way round to my toe next to my big toe.

If it's only something small, you will barely feel it. The foot with the larger tattoo was done in three sittings as I first had two small stars, then decided on a word and then decided to extend with an ornate set of squiggles. The only time that hurt was when one swirl went onto the sole of my foot. That was terrible. It only hurt before that because it felt very warm. I'd say my least painful tbh.

My classy tramp stamp was the worst. Stomach/hip second. Wrist equally as non painful as foot. Keep them small and you won't feel a thing smile

TurquoiseCat Sun 27-Jul-14 21:21:35

Oh. I have 1 tattoo on my foot (top of) and I was going to say it wasn't too bad!

tmae Sun 27-Jul-14 21:23:28

My foot one was painful, but I found my inner wrist the worst for some reason. I was able to chat and laugh throughout my foot one though and I'm quite keen to get one on my other foot so it really wasn't that bad.

My least painful one was on the inner top of my forearm.

True about the size, the one on my foot starts about an inch from my middle toe and is a large heart with a design in the middle with wings that spread right over each side of my foot and even touches the sole. If it's small you might be okay.

Personally, I rated it far more painful than anything else, even my chest but it is pretty big for a foot tattoo.

Sorry for scaring!

iwanttobemrsnorthman Sun 27-Jul-14 21:32:44

I'm on the app so I can't add a picture but it's a smallish infinity symbol will a few flowers on, it's all in black so hopefully won't take too long to do!

McBear Sun 27-Jul-14 21:37:02

Yeah that sounds fine smilesmile

Don't panic, you'll be fine

goodasitgets Sun 27-Jul-14 21:38:08

It'll be over quick smile
I sat for 5hrs last Saturday having a new thigh tattoo - the last hour was definitely the worst!!!

ThisIsBULLSHIT Sun 27-Jul-14 21:38:48

Ooh sounds painful. I have a band on my wrist and the bony bit on the outside of my wrist almost made me faint, not with pain but just weirdness, erm, heeeby jeeby kind of nasty sensation?!

goodasitgets Sun 27-Jul-14 21:38:53

Oh and expect swelling. It might not happen but my ankle tattoo made my foot balloon!! I just kept it elevated for a while and wore shoes that wouldn't rub on it

BeyoncesCat Sun 27-Jul-14 21:43:58

My belly tattoo was worse than my foot! My foot didn't hurt all that much guess it depends on the person.

perrysands Sun 27-Jul-14 22:07:10

Foot tattoo was my first and to be honest it is my favourite and I don't remember it hurting too much. I think you will be fine.

iwanttobemrsnorthman Sun 27-Jul-14 22:11:11

I'm just going to have to go for it aren't I grin confused confused

bonzo77 Sun 27-Jul-14 22:14:32

I do. Side of my foot just in front of my ankle. It's fairly small, about 1.5 inches across. Just black. It hurt, a lot. I took
Some nurafen first and sort of zoned it out. Probably took about 20-30 minutes to do.

doingitlikeaboss Sun 27-Jul-14 22:25:18

I have one from the top of my ankle to my small toe. Was fine to get done not sore. After it though it ballooned and was to sore to put weight on so I needed help to get home but it passed after a couple of days. Can be uncomfortable when it's scabbing though if your shoe's rub on it.

JadeJ123 Sun 27-Jul-14 22:30:29

I thought my rib cage hurt more than my foot, honestly it just felt like a little burning when he went over the same spot and it takes up 95% of my foot and goes up my ankle, you'll be fine grin

Shampoobaloo Sun 27-Jul-14 22:40:44

Do it! My tattoo on my foot was my second (first was on hip) and it was painful but not unbearable (I'm a wimp!) and what I found was the bits nearer my ankle hurt the most. Definitely do it! I love mine! It did take a bit longer to heal though so make sure you keep using cream! I used bepantham (the nappy cream) and the only problem I had was it looked a bit dry because I didn't use the cte for long enough!

Shampoobaloo Sun 27-Jul-14 22:41:19

Cream not cte!

wickedwitchofwaterloo Sun 27-Jul-14 22:47:14

Out of all the tattoos I've had, I found my feet, shin and tops of my shoulders the least painful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now