Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Come on then tell me what I have forgotten

(28 Posts)
wilddogbert Sun 27-Jul-14 16:54:25

Every time I pack for holidays I always forget something.
First year it was washing up liquid. The next it was toilet and kitchen roll. Then towels.Then the hairdryer. Then swimming costumes... you get the idea.
So I am hoping that you nice people will help me remember.

We are traveling for 4 hours there and 4 hours back for a week's holiday. The dog is coming with us and I have arranged for DNs to stay in the house.

So come on what am I going to forget?

AnnoyingOrange Sun 27-Jul-14 16:55:43

Write a list. I use the same list every year

Pantygirdl Sun 27-Jul-14 16:56:45

Dog lead?

Key for DN?

A child?

Leeds2 Sun 27-Jul-14 16:56:47

Dog food and the dog's dish.

Inflatables for the pool.

Sunhats and sunglasses.

BettyBolognese Sun 27-Jul-14 16:57:38

Contact lenses? I also forget them and/or s

BettyBolognese Sun 27-Jul-14 16:57:47

olutions.

amyhamster Sun 27-Jul-14 16:57:53

The dog grin

Plasters, savlon, ibuprofen, alka seltzer, WINE!!

amyhamster Sun 27-Jul-14 16:58:42

Corkscrew

306235388 Sun 27-Jul-14 17:00:25

Medicines - regular and antihistamine / calpol etc
Straighteners?
Shades
Snacks / drinks for car
Hairbrush

Olbas Sun 27-Jul-14 17:01:11

Sharp Knife
T towels
Tin foil/cling film
Dog bed/lead/dog toys/bowls
sun cream
Cash
talc/towels/drink bottles for the beach
chargers
radio

wilddogbert Sun 27-Jul-14 17:07:07

I have pack most stuff for the dog (apart from bed,food and dishes) he follows us like a shadow and jumps in the car every time we open the door so we won't forget him.
We may forget a child though DD has been known to complete ignore the world around her whilst she daydreams. She is 11 now though so if we leave her I can say it was her own fault. wink

No wine unfortunately as I am pregnant and I will be damned if DH gets to enjoy a nice drink without me.

wilddogbert Sun 27-Jul-14 17:09:49

SUNCREAM! I didn't forget SUNCREAM for my incredibly pale DCs.... runs to the shop

Middleagedmotheroftwo Sun 27-Jul-14 17:15:59

It doesn't really matter though, does it? As long as you have everyone plus dog, and a debit card. You can buy everything else you need when you get there.

Toooldtobearsed Sun 27-Jul-14 17:19:55

Dog towel(s) - saves them sharing yours!

wilddogbert Sun 27-Jul-14 17:21:06

The holiday place is in the middle of nowhere and the on-site shops are much more expensive than normal. Plus it always feels like a waste spending money on something that I have sitting at home.

Middleagedmotheroftwo Sun 27-Jul-14 19:12:09

But, it doesn't really matter, does it?

superbagpuss Sun 27-Jul-14 19:18:38

chargers for everything

laptop and DVD in case you ate stuck with a basic freeview package

superbagpuss Sun 27-Jul-14 19:18:51

t bags

MaryWestmacott Sun 27-Jul-14 19:25:59

This year I forgot a sun hat for me, everyone else had at least one, forgot my own.

DH forgot the book he was half way through.

I also deliberately forgot the nursery holiday bear as dc1 can't write yet, so what they'd actually done was issue me with homework...

This year is the first time I did NOT forget something. I'm rather pleased with that, just shows my list, that has taken years to evolve, is pretty much complete at last.

carlywurly Sun 27-Jul-14 19:37:25

I genuinely thought I'd forgotten my entire make up bag, bought some nice new stuff at the airport, and then it turned up in the children's case. Shucks grin

I always take nail scissors, tweezers, ibuprofen, plasters, bags for dirty washing, a small scented candle and matches, ipod travel speaker and a jar of decent instant coffee.

MaryWestmacott Sun 27-Jul-14 19:43:28

Just making a note of that idea for next year Carly - a whole new set of make up would be a lovely way to start the holiday... wink

Calpol, just incase.

MaryWestmacott Sun 27-Jul-14 21:35:48

oh yes, calpol! And calpol spoon/syringe so you're not trying to guess what 5mls is at 3am...

wafflyversatile Sun 27-Jul-14 22:03:28

pants

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now