Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Warning Gross TMI vomit related

(20 Posts)
mumtosome61 Tue 29-Jul-14 19:45:56

How bizarre! I remember going to Wetherspoons and drinking with friends, we all had a main and a dessert feeling super smug as we were at college and finished exams. My friend had a tuna jacket potato and chocolate cake. Three hours later she chucked up what she described as "an entire jacket potato" - I always wondered how!

helensburgh Tue 29-Jul-14 19:44:50

Hattii not all allergic reactions are like you describe.

My son has FPIES and can have a reaction just as described 12 hours after eating .

There are lots of allergy reactions not just your immediate ones

helensburgh Tue 29-Jul-14 19:43:00

An intolerance could take longer than your classic IgE mediated allergic reaction ands would have this delayed reaction, I think!!

LuckyLuckyMe Tue 29-Jul-14 01:10:22

Hmm Hatti I don't know what to think tbh. I'm sure we'll never know if he's allergic as he has been put off lobster for life.

If it was dodgy food though (as it definitely wasn't the amount of alcohol) where did the rest of it go? He ate salad, potatoes, veg, a burger and chips as well as the lobster but only the lobster came back up.

Hattifattiner Tue 29-Jul-14 00:56:00

If it was the lobster it would have happened far faster. An allergy would almost certainly have kicked in within 20-60 mins of eating.
Far more likely to be excess alcohol or dodgy kebab.
Or existing stomach baug.
An allergy to food comes on VERY quickly and is hugely disabling. You really don't end up going for a kebab.

LuckyLuckyMe Tue 29-Jul-14 00:44:07

Nope don't cancel SuperDuper

I've never come across it in my life before yesterday CaoNiMa. It's interesting.

Urgh it wasn't a deal with a steak, half a lobster and a glass of champagne was it? Of so, am considering cancelling my booking after reading this!

CaoNiMa Mon 28-Jul-14 03:11:29

This happened to me in Indonesia, and I've always wondered if it is a common thing or just a weird feature of my own digestion. I ate at a beach barbecue - salad, red snapper, chips, watermelon then icecream. In the middle of the night, I woke up and vomited just the snapper. Perplexing.

LuckyLuckyMe Mon 28-Jul-14 00:06:52

Herby vodka sounds lovely sally grin envy

LuckyLuckyMe Mon 28-Jul-14 00:04:39

Thanks helensburgh that sounds very plausible. I was thinking maybe that if it was gone off that the rest of the stuff digested normally and only the lobster was "rejected" but it tasted absolutely fine to me.

sallysparrow157 Mon 28-Jul-14 00:02:28

When I was in uni I had my dinner which included some random sauce with green flecks (presumably some sort of herb, catered halls with very very bad food!)in it. Several hours and several drinks later I was sick, as I had been drinking vodka the sick was entirely clear apart from loads of green flecks of herb looking stuff! This was about 14 years ago and I still wonder how all the food but none of the herbs got digested!
More recently, having been in operating theatres sucking all the stomach contents out of people who have bowel obstructions, it has become evident that some things stay around longer than others. I've never knowingly aspirated bits of lobster though!!

helensburgh Sun 27-Jul-14 23:57:59

Sounds like an allergy.

My DH is allergic to something in sweet and sour sauce, no lie he has eaten it twice both times 4 hours later only thrown up the sauce.

If it wasn't my DH I wouldn't believe it! Eaten with rice, chicken and veg.

LuckyLuckyMe Sun 27-Jul-14 23:54:23

3 days Kurri? That's awful sad

DH is a little bit better. He's eaten some toast and has kept it down and doesn't feel as bad as this morning.

KurriKurri Sun 27-Jul-14 15:26:23

My DIL has just recovered from three days of feeling awful after a dodgy prawn and smoked salmon sandwich from Tesco's - bad shellfish can make you feel pretty rough sad

LuckyLuckyMe Sun 27-Jul-14 15:03:30

Poor DH. He has only had sips of water all day and still feels awful. He had 5 pints over a 5 hour period so I don't think he's feeling sick from the amount of alcohol he had.

LuckyLuckyMe Sun 27-Jul-14 15:00:51

grin

KurriKurri Sun 27-Jul-14 14:50:13

What happened to the burger and chips? I imagine the lobster ate them grin

LuckyLuckyMe Sun 27-Jul-14 14:43:25

Yes that doesn't sound very good but to be fair there was about 5 hours between them grin

TobyLerone Sun 27-Jul-14 14:38:00

I don't know but you went out and had lobster for dinner and then had a burger on the way home?

LuckyLuckyMe Sun 27-Jul-14 14:32:37

DH had lobster for the first time last night. (We got a voucher for a nice restaurant. We don't normally eat there)

We had a few drinks and then a burger on the way home. He felt ill this morning and threw up. All that came up was 2 chunks of lobster, nothing else.

What happened to the burger and chips etc.?? Is this normal?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now