Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

How often do you wash your swimming costume?

(56 Posts)
Socksarecosy Sat 26-Jul-14 19:35:04

I have used mine four times so far and today it's gone in the washer. You?

emsyj Sat 26-Jul-14 19:36:59

Are you serious?? Every time I wear it of course! It will go rotten and fall apart if you don't wash out the chlorine after you go swimming. Plus it is equivalent to wearing knickers 4 times before washing - <boak>.

escape Sat 26-Jul-14 19:38:08

i'm no clean freak, but definitely every time after wearing - for water, chlorine, or just as above - ' close contact'

Eastpoint Sat 26-Jul-14 19:38:32

I rinse it everytime but I don't put it in the washing machine.

gamerchick Sat 26-Jul-14 19:39:22

After each use

peanutbutterandoreos Sat 26-Jul-14 19:39:44

hardly ever blush doesn't the chlorine in the water help clean it? I wring it out in the shower afterwards but I don't think it's ever gone in the washing machine...

tshirtsuntan Sat 26-Jul-14 19:40:04

Washed every time, chlorine and saltwater ruin the stretchiness.

TheCSLibraryPree Sat 26-Jul-14 19:40:18

Minimum of hand wash after each wearing and wash in a machine once a week (on holiday or daily use) if only weekly use then after each wearing!

gamerwidow Sat 26-Jul-14 19:41:23

in the machine after every wear unless on holiday then washed through in sink after every wear. bit gross otherwise.

Olbas Sat 26-Jul-14 19:42:02

I love these threads grin.

Swimming pool use.... rinse under tap then washing machine.
Sea as above
home washing machine

Adikia Sat 26-Jul-14 19:43:01

every time i wear it, you don't wear knickers underneath so it needs to be washed every time.

CMOTDibbler Sat 26-Jul-14 19:43:29

After every wear when I'm visiting a pool, if I'm away then I shower in it afterwards and make sure its properly rinsed

SiennaBlake Sat 26-Jul-14 19:43:36

After each use (or each day of use if on holiday).

Singsongmama Sat 26-Jul-14 19:46:56

Every time.

I need a new one that is sensible. I don't want to be "that mum" at water babies squeezing her unsightly postnatal wobbles into a frilly one shouldered number...blush

myotherusernameisbetter Sat 26-Jul-14 19:53:06

Singsongmama

I have one like this - it's very flattering.

www.marksandspencer.com/tummy-control-swimsuit/p/p22268620

As with everyone else, if I am using a pool at home then it goes in the machine every time, on holiday abroad, I usually take a few and give them a wash in the sink after each days use and dry them in the sun if poss for extra bacteria control grin - Each one gets used for about 4 days.

CMOTDibbler Sat 26-Jul-14 20:32:13

Singsongmama - I have several of these. The boy leg style is extremely practical when taking smallies swimming, and its surprisingly practical. And you can't argue with the price

Ragwort Sat 26-Jul-14 20:49:45

Hardly ever grin - surely it gets 'washed' in the pool!

I love these threads and all the threads about how much time people spend doing housework, clearly my standards are incredibly low as housework/laundry etc barely takes any of my time - now I know why grin.

Iggly Sat 26-Jul-14 20:51:03

Every time I use it.

SevenZarkSeven Sat 26-Jul-14 20:52:34

Oh weird

I'm not houseworky at all but it never occurred to me not to wash it after a swim. It's been around the nethers, it's like knickers to my mind.

On hols with no machine a good rinse under tap with particular attention to gusset grin

nemno Sat 26-Jul-14 20:54:25

I rinse it very thoroughly after every use and hang to dry. It's not dirty, it just needs the chlorine/salt removing. I hardly ever wash it with soap, only if it gets actually dirty.

eurochick Sat 26-Jul-14 20:54:59

Every few wears (although it gets a good rinse and hung out to dry after each wear). I'm only in it for about 40 mins so every time seems excessive.

nemno Sat 26-Jul-14 20:55:34

Oh, I don't think of it like knickers because I always take it off immediately after swimming.

SweetPeaPods Sat 26-Jul-14 20:55:52

I take ds swimming weekly. Every week I put it in washing machine on rinse cycle but I only properly wash it wish soap powder every 3-4 weeks. I read it's not good for the material to wash it too often.

Itsfab Sat 26-Jul-14 20:56:28

Every time I wear it.

Why wouldn't you?

Ilovenicesoap Sat 26-Jul-14 20:57:16

Umm I swim 3-4 x per week.
Wash after every use - I have 2 cossies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now