Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

anyone else's asthma playing up atm?

(18 Posts)
mousmous Tue 22-Jul-14 23:03:07

am coughing and clearing my throat at lot today. had to take inhaler a couple of times.
is it the heat?
hayfever season should be over for me.

Morethanalittlebitconfused Tue 22-Jul-14 23:06:44

Yes big time the rain and storms mixed with the hot humid weather is shifting the pollen all over the place

I'm struggling because of the heat and all the pollen. I'm having to use my blue inhalor a lot more recently. I've just had my preventor changed for a different type as I was struggling so much

CoolCat2014 Tue 22-Jul-14 23:07:16

Could be the heat or air pollution levels where you are?

I'm struggling but was assuming it had something to do with being 8 months pregnant.

mousmous Tue 22-Jul-14 23:10:36

I'm a non-wheezer which is why my parents didn't believe I have asthma and didn't treat it, so have that drowning feeling (+coughing and throat clearing).
allergic asthma.
take beconase and salbutamol as and when. but if it continues like this I need to go for a review.

it sucks.

CallerIDBingo Tue 22-Jul-14 23:14:11

Mine's been pretty bad on and off the past few weeks. Not so bad this week though.

I'm not very happy with drs surgery at the moment. They sent a pretty nasty note about not prescribing any more inhalers before I go for my asthma review.

That's fine, I'll just have an attack and die then, shall I? angry

I think I need to find a new surgery. Can you imagine someone with diabetes or another chronic condition getting a letter saying we won't give you any more medication until you can get a day off to book an appointment?

mousmous Tue 22-Jul-14 23:22:12

I don't get why you can't get the blue inhalers without precription?
they are cheap (having had to buy one on holiday, was only about 4€+2 for private prescription) and quite safe and, literally' a lifesaver.
I don't want to take half a day off work for 10 min with the nurse who won't do a repeat prescription because 'I don't use the inhaler often enough'

Ditto here. It's bloody annoying as anti-histamines stop it being aggravated during the day, but they wear off by the evening so I end up coughing through the night instead. I'm also back on my inhalers for the first time in months. I'm assuming it's a nasty combination of heat/humidity/ high pollen/air pollution.

LarrytheCucumber Tue 22-Jul-14 23:26:02

CallerID DS had a letter like that about his medication, and he is not asthmatic. I don't think they are allowed to prescribe medication indefinitely and you are supposed to go for a review whatever you are on (poss every 6 months, maybe a year, not sure).

anotherdayanothersquabble Tue 22-Jul-14 23:31:45

DS is struggling at the moment. High doses of vitamin C and Butekyo breathing are helping him along with his usual medications. Coughing and excess mucus production is exhausting for him.

Dixiechicken Tue 22-Jul-14 23:36:15

My ds has been on a nebuliser due to the weather. He's now under the asthma nurse.

aurorasky Wed 23-Jul-14 00:20:57

Struggling too. Also being pressured to attend an asthma 'review'. Guess the surgery gets some sort of bonus for numbers attending?

thegreylady Wed 23-Jul-14 01:42:46

Yes I am still sitting up coughing and wheezing. I ran out of my preventer inhaler and can't get one for 48 hours and that has made it worse. My Ventolin doesn't really help so am relying on Serevent.

Trooperslane Wed 23-Jul-14 06:17:51

Yup.

And am currently alone in bed because DH has obviously had to decamp to the spare room because I've been snoring so much

confused

ChickyEgg Wed 23-Jul-14 06:37:20

I'm not a medic nor do I work in a doctors surgery, but whether number crunching or not please do attend asthma review appointments. The thinking and treatments behind asthma control are always evolving. I have asthma and now DS has it. The advice on how to handle his is completely different to what I was advised 20 years ago and there are newer inhalers available now. Not only that, it's your health. This bloody humidity is obviously affecting many of us, me included. DS is coughing like he's on 60 a day so we had him checked out. flowers

wasacasa Wed 23-Jul-14 06:41:25

I get the blue inhalers online from Lloyds pharmacy. Google Dr Thom. I got fed up of not having a blue inhaler on repeat prescription and suffering hugely until I could get a docs appt to get one more inhaler.

mousmous Wed 23-Jul-14 09:56:00

will have a look, thanks.
it's much better this morning, hope it stays that way.
chicky yes, will have a review when the symptoms change or get worse, but in my case the rigid system doesn't work for me.

thegreylady Wed 23-Jul-14 21:48:13

Got my new QVar today and am better but still coughing sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now