Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

well on a scale of 1 to utter shit, last night was a turd sandwich.

(1000 Posts)
MrsKoala Tue 22-Jul-14 09:02:29

Im 33wks pregnant. At 10pm went to do last check on ds before bed. Sat on the edge of his bed and felt suddenly all hot and wet between my legs. Looked down and blood everywhere. Ran to the loo and called dh to call an ambulance. (sorry tmi) Sat on the loo while blood pouted out and lost a clot the size of a satsuma. Ambulance car took 25 mins then he was only in a car so then had to order another ambulance to take me to hospital.

dh was trying to be organised but i could hear him sobbing in the hallway. Got to hospital at midnight. Ive had 2 really painful canulas put in (they had 6 different attempts to find a vein) and steroid injections to strengthen the baby's lungs. Just waiting for more scans and injections today.

baby is kicking and has a strong heartbeat but i am terrified. I have no idea what may happen if it has to come this early
i have no baby things.

my parents had to drive over to watch fs so dh could follow on
but dad had been drinking, so mum had to drive and she has never been on a motorway (m25) took them an hour and a half and i don't think my poor mum is ever going to get over it!

sorry,if its garbled - never posted on my phone before.

i would really appreciate some company and any advice on what i can expect. Dh has just left to sort work out. Please send positive thoughts. It'll be okay, wont it?

scarletforya Tue 22-Jul-14 09:05:58

flowers

You poor thing, thank God the baby is ok and thankfully you are in the best place. I haven't been through this but hugs to you all. brew

Fillybuster Tue 22-Jul-14 09:06:20

You poor love, that sounds beyond awful. Sending you lots of love. Try to relax and let everyone else sort out all the stuff that needs to be sorted at home: you should just focus on yourself and the baby for now ( I appreciate that's easier said than done). Don't worry about the baby stuff: if it does come early, I'm guessing the hospital would keep the baby in for a little while anyway, and I'm sure you'll be able to round up any emergency stuff you need before the baby comes home....anyway, newborns don't need much stuff. Keep calm, and stay positive xx

puds11isNAUGHTYnotNAICE Tue 22-Jul-14 09:07:37

Sending you hugs Mrs Baby sounds like a fighter smile

EveDallasRetd Tue 22-Jul-14 09:07:39

Hello love, so sorry this has happened. I had DD at 34 weeks and the only thing 'wrong' with her was that she was small. She was in SCBU for 4 weeks, but came home as soon as she could regulate her body temp.

You'll have another steroid injection for the baby's lungs. Can't remember if it was exactly 12 or exactly 24 hrs later. They hurt don't they? But on,y for a minute.

Legionofboom Tue 22-Jul-14 09:08:43

Oh you poor thing. thanks thanks thanks

A strong heartbeat and baby kicking sound good.

I have no advice on what you can expect to happen but I can hand hold and send you loads of positive vibes and hugs.

How old is your DS?

BambamsMummy Tue 22-Jul-14 09:09:58

Didn't want to read and run. No experience to share other than having a brother born at 33 weeks nearly 35 years ago. He is fine and a six foot hairy monster (in a good way).
Just keep listening to that little fighter your carrying and take they day as it comes. X

BrucieTheShark Tue 22-Jul-14 09:10:38

Ah bless you, thank heavens the baby is still fine.

What a hero your mum is, she sounds like mine re driving. Not sure mine would've done what yours did though.

What have they said re the bleed? Any contractions or period-type pains?

pointythings Tue 22-Jul-14 09:10:49

At 33 weeks you have a really, really good chance of a good outcome. You are in the best possible place for yourself and your baby.

I would imagine if it does come to early delivery that your baby will be in SCBU for a while, so you will have time to get the basics in - that should be the least of your worries. Stay strong and rest.

You are in my thoughts.

EveDallasRetd Tue 22-Jul-14 09:11:13

Oh and I had no baby stuff either, DD is PFB, DH was in Iraq and I'd been taken into hospital at 22weeks!

DH came home and I sent him to Toysrus for a pram and car seat. He chose pretty well (a hauck) so I knew that I would be able to get her home at least. She would have slept in the pram if she had come straight home. Lucky really that I then had a month to buy everything I neededsmile

Sidge Tue 22-Jul-14 09:11:35

How scary for you. I had DD2 at 34 weeks so know a bit as to how you feel.

Don't worry about 'stuff' - if baby comes now s/he will be small and need a bit of support so may need to go to SCBU where they will have everything you need!

Take it easy, eat when you can and drink plenty especially in this hot weather. Nothing you can do will change the outcome so relax and know you're in the right place.

Hugs and fingers crossed your BabyKoala stays put a little longer smile

Oh, you poor love.

Look at it another way, there was a crisis and everyone pulled through. Now all that is left for you to do is try and stay calm. Baby stuff is not important right now, you wont need much, and your parents can round up a few bits for you if you need. Hell, I'll post you some stuff if you need!

Let's hope the baby stays put for a little while longer. If not, you are in the best place already.

What an awful shock for you all.

loopylou6 Tue 22-Jul-14 09:12:49

I'm sure baby will be fine, they can survive from 24 weeks, and you're n the best possible place smile

Do they know what caused the bleeding?

OnlyLovers Tue 22-Jul-14 09:15:17

I've never been pregnant so I have no useful insight, but I couldn't read and not offer you a hand to hold. Thinking of you. thanks

Petallic Tue 22-Jul-14 09:16:14

I had the same happen to me at 32 weeks. Dd2 is nearly 2 now. They'll be keeping a close eye on you now in hospital. They weren't able to stop my labour and after a few days in hospital DD was born. But the drugs work in lots of cases. Are you getting any tightenings/contractions?

KnackeredMuchly Tue 22-Jul-14 09:16:25

How awful sad

You are in the best place, your baby is in safe hands and so are your children. You must ne terrified - I am sending many positive thoughts your way flowers

Groovee Tue 22-Jul-14 09:16:41

Much love to you and hope baby stays there for a while longer x

Baddderz Tue 22-Jul-14 09:17:31

You poor thing!
How shocking for you.
My eldest dn was born at 27 weeks.
My sister had ore eclampsia.
He is now a strapping nearly 11 year old who is nearly as tall as me!
smile
You are in the best place, the baby has had steroids, and is ok where he/she is for now.
Thinking of you x

Gileswithachainsaw Tue 22-Jul-14 09:17:39

I know this is scary and it's hard not to think the worst but you are in the best place. Lots of times this kind of thing turns out to be all ok in the end. You have had steroids and are in the best place.

If baby chooses to meet you now he stands a good chance of being fine.

Let the drs look after baby and take care of yourself. Rest up,eat and drink( if allowed) and try to remain calm.

thanks

IAmNotAPrincessIAmAKahleesi Tue 22-Jul-14 09:17:47

What a horrible shock for you, you must have been terrified sad

Thank goodness you and baby are ok though

I had one of my sons at 33 weeks and he was fine, needed a bit of help to stay warm and he was teeny but I took him home after six days and excl bf him

I hope things settle down for you now thanks

starfishmummy Tue 22-Jul-14 09:19:42

Oh goodness. What a sock for you and your Dh. Try not to worry about the baby things - friends and family will rally round I'm sure if necessary. Just concentrate on yourself and baby

Xx

CillaBlacksOrangeBouffant Tue 22-Jul-14 09:22:58

Another hand to hold onto here flowers

If it helps, I was born at 29 weeks 45 years ago when they didn't have all the technology and knowledge that they do now, and I'm absolutely fine... I was just the smallest in my class at primary.. but I think I would have been small anyway.. I'm 5ft 0 now smile

Embolio Tue 22-Jul-14 09:25:17

Oh god you poor thing. What a terrible shock for you. I had similar with my ds at 32 weeks when all my waters went at 3am along with a bleed. I was in hospital for monitoring for 4 or 5 days and was then allowed home on antibiotics. He hung on til 34 weeks and then I spontaneously went into labour, which was very quick, about 2 hours in total. He was born weighing 6lb 1 and taken to NICU where he had cpap to help him breath for 24 hours. He also had phototherapy for jaundice. He had very poor suck reflex and had to be tube fed for a couple of weeks before going onto bottles and then he was allowed home.

He has absolutely thrived and has no ongoing issues. I've noticed he was slow to wean in comparison to his brother and a little bit slower to crawl, but now he's got going there is no stopping him. The charity bliss/tinylife is brilliant for info.

Hope you're ok OP. I fully understand the worry.

Embolio Tue 22-Jul-14 09:26:46

Oh yes, and I was also born at 34 weeks 35 years ago (sob). I'm fine smile

Oh poor you. Hope you're ok, you and your baby are in the best place possible xxxxx

This thread is not accepting new messages.