Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

"You look too young to have twins"

(31 Posts)
EatShitDerek Mon 21-Jul-14 17:38:39

confused

This has just been said to me by a ln elderly woman. I dont actually have twins, I'm just in McDonalds with son and sister who are the same age. ain't guna justify why I'm in McDonalds either

Is there a certain age you need to be to have twins? grin

It got strange when I explained it was my sister and son and she replied 'guess you are old enough for one then' and toddled off. grin

OnIlkleyMoorBahTwat Mon 21-Jul-14 19:10:06

I don't know the stats and it was obviously just a silly comment, but I used to see a heavily pregnant girl in a school uniform on my way to work, so I'd guess she was 15/16.

Some months later I saw her often, pushing a double buggy, so it looks like she had twins - I still see her now taking her DCs to school.

dancestomyowntune Mon 21-Jul-14 19:27:31

I was in marks and Spencer's two Christmases ago with my Dd who was 9 at the time. The cashier refused to serve me for liquor chocs. Even though the nine year old was calling me mum! Dh tried to reason with her, pointing out Dd was my child, to which the silly woman said I could have been a young mum. What? If I'd had her at 9 I'd have been 18, thus old enough to buy the chocs, but no, she wasn't't having any of it!

The mind boggles!

TheSpottedZebra Mon 21-Jul-14 21:33:32

Yes indeed ILove / WaitMonkey they are indeed the Iceland ones. There was a thread they were mentioned on yesterday. Was it yesterday? Tbh, I forget. I have forgotten everything apart form ^cheese-filled hash browns*

Oh - and there are baked bean-filled hash browns too I have discovered, if that floats your boat.

This mum IS going to Iceland very very soon, for the first time in about 15 years.

Too young for twins?! I was 21 when I had mine, first ever pregnancy. However, twins run on both sides of my family. Including mine we have over 15 sets of twins going back to my great grandma.

EatShitDerek Mon 21-Jul-14 21:38:17

One You are of course a one off miracle grin

I am a bit of a miracle EatShitDerek Thank you for noticing, it's about time someone did grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now