Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

"You look too young to have twins"

(31 Posts)
EatShitDerek Mon 21-Jul-14 17:38:39

confused

This has just been said to me by a ln elderly woman. I dont actually have twins, I'm just in McDonalds with son and sister who are the same age. ain't guna justify why I'm in McDonalds either

Is there a certain age you need to be to have twins? grin

It got strange when I explained it was my sister and son and she replied 'guess you are old enough for one then' and toddled off. grin

ParsingFlatly Mon 21-Jul-14 17:40:41

I've come to the conclusion humans are irredeemably odd.

Yes didn't you know?

One age for singletons, significantly older for multiples.

She is bonkers!

PeoplesFrontOfJudea Mon 21-Jul-14 17:41:50

Twins are very ageing

JohnFarleysRuskin Mon 21-Jul-14 17:42:17

You pretended to take twins to macdonalds while in possession of a young face?

Tsk

Well I think twin mums do tend to be older. On average of course although. I'd age ten years if I found myself pg with 2 babies
I'd age 8 years if I found myself pg with any baby

whitepuddingsupper Mon 21-Jul-14 17:43:15

The woman in the bed across from my friend in the postnatal ward had 2 sets of twins (toddler twins plus the set she had just given birth to) and 2 older children, a total of 6 kids and she was only 23.

Go on tell us all about the food so we can judge. Give us details of the hot salty fries, the creamy milkshake so we can all hoik our judge pants. Be specific.
Anyway back to the sodding diet

DayLillie Mon 21-Jul-14 17:44:43

Ha Ha - my mother used to run off with my twins in the pram, and the local 90y olds would say she looked too young to be their mother!!! She was 55 at the time.

She used to drive me mad - stay out too long, miss a feed, and come back with them comatose, so I ended up having to stay up until after midnight, getting them to sleep again. Flirting with elderly gentlemen hmm

TheSpottedZebra Mon 21-Jul-14 17:45:42

McDonalds is RUINED for me now that I have read about cheese-stuffed hash browns.

EatShitDerek Mon 21-Jul-14 17:45:44

JohnFarleysRuskin so I guess I should have put lighthearted in the title hmm

grin grin

Least you go there first.

This McDonalds has a play area which I sent them to immediately. If she had come ina minute later she would have thought I was a greedy lonely grin

EatShitDerek Mon 21-Jul-14 17:47:14

Stealth The not twins have a happy meal of nuggets, chips and FRUIT SHOOT. They are sharing as neither eats a full one.

I'm keeping the toy so I can keep the peace wink

Velve Mon 21-Jul-14 17:52:10

I get this sometimes when out with my son alone, my usual answer is "My body didn't seem to think so."
You'd be surprised what you "look" to young for. I've had:
"You look too young to do the food shop."
"You look too young buy this." (When I was buying dumbells)
"You look too young to be an atheist."

confused

Ilovenewts Mon 21-Jul-14 17:52:18

Excuse me. <barges in>

Some said cheese stuffed hash browns ? More information please ?

EatShitDerek Mon 21-Jul-14 17:53:36

Velve I look very young. I'm 23 I get ID'd for Calpol but this twin thing is a new one

Panzee Mon 21-Jul-14 17:53:38

This is just another food thread isn't it? Nothing to do with babies and odd people. grin

<makes retching sound>
Oh no that's my tummy rumbling

HoneyDragon Mon 21-Jul-14 17:57:10

I like the keeping the toy thing. As big sister it is your right to first dibs, and as a mother it's do as I say not as I do. It's a win either way and you get a Big Mac.

PrivateBenjamin Mon 21-Jul-14 17:57:38

Too young to be an atheist?! I can't even imagine the logic of that one.

Velve Mon 21-Jul-14 18:04:22

To be fair, the atheist thing was said to me by the parish chair on his yearly recruitment round around the village.

EugenesAxe Mon 21-Jul-14 18:29:37

You are more likely to conceive twins when you are older; additionally if you have conceived before (thinking about the 23yo mother of six).

You are also more likely to have fertility issues when you are older, be trying to conceive using IVF and therefore more likely to have multiples.

Obviously those with a genetic predisposition to twins could have them when younger, but maybe these things were what made her come out with her comment.

NatashaBee Mon 21-Jul-14 18:38:13

Didn't you know it actually takes 18 months to grow twins? 2 babies = twice as long a gestation period. Imagine having octuplets and being pregnant for 72 months.

EatShitDerek Mon 21-Jul-14 18:39:32

grin At Natasha

WaitMonkey Mon 21-Jul-14 18:43:37

ILove, you want Iceland for your cheese filled hash browns apparently.

Love that they keep getting mentioned. grin grin

Ilovenewts Mon 21-Jul-14 18:46:42

Yum. Will have to try those they should delish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now