Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

So how much does the tooth fairy pay these days?

(23 Posts)
unlucky83 Sun 20-Jul-14 22:34:59

£2 for first tooth, and £2 for each for the two front teeth and £1 for rest...
DD2 was bought a my first tooth pot as a present from someone - which is just big enough for £1 coin!
(Could squeeze 2 £1 coins on top of each other but I'd put a shiny £2 coin to one side waiting for the first tooth to finally come out - so much scrambling needed to find 2 shiny £1 coins!)

steppemum Sun 20-Jul-14 22:30:52

Ours is also International on occasion, it is always one gold coin, so £1 and 1 euro and 100 Tengge.

ds then worked out that he should wait and put his teeth under the pillow in Uk grin

Although to be fair, 100 tengge is not worth nearly as much as £1 but it can buy you more sweets

mydaftlass Sun 20-Jul-14 22:27:02

50p here, despite notes to the tooth fairy asking for more! Meanies here.

Squinkies we had a visit last night too - DD2 lost a tooth in the airport on the way to visit grandparents so the tooth flew over the Atlantic and DD2 asked if the tooth fairy would follow it!

boogiewoogie Sun 20-Jul-14 22:24:25

oh dear. Ours is obviously a cheapskate. She produces 50ps only here. But to be fair, she's probably gone bankrupt as the dcs had 4 lost teeth between them in the last 2 weeks.

CointreauVersial Sun 20-Jul-14 22:24:08

Our paid out £1 a time, but has now officially retired, as DD2 lost her last tooth a few months ago (hooray!).

£2 for a special tooth (first tooth, first molar etc), £1 for others.

Complicated by our family situation which means we travel a lot. The tooth fairy is thankfully truly international and has paid out in euros (Italy and Germany), USD, Canadian dollars and Turkish lira. grin

RelocatorRelocator Sun 20-Jul-14 22:20:34

£1 per tooth here. I got 10p per tooth so I think she more than has inflation covered grin

itsalottery Sun 20-Jul-14 22:19:13

Goodness, our tooth fairy obviously is really tight, must get the union involved and up the rate.

NickiFury Sun 20-Jul-14 22:18:39

£2 coin.

ancientbuchanan Sun 20-Jul-14 22:17:25

It depends on your family. Fairies are feudal and inherited, generally through the maternal line. So of course there will be variations between what different families get.

Our fairy paid more for the first tooth and less thereafter. But in the principle of matched funding, DH matched it. And if the fairy forgot, she paid interest. Regrettably there is quite a lot of interest still outstanding....

Ds did a lovely picture of our family fairy in ancient Buchanan tartan. V fetching.

ancientbuchanan Sun 20-Jul-14 22:16:25

It depends on your family. Fairies are feudal and inherited, generally through the maternal line. So of course there will be variations between what different families get.

Our fairy paid more for the first tooth and less thereafter. But in the principle of matched funding, DH matched it. And if the fairy forgot, she paid interest. Regrettably there is quite a lot of interest still outstanding....

Ds did a lovely picture of our family fairy in ancient Buchanan tartan. V fetching.

beanandspud Sun 20-Jul-14 22:15:19

£2 here. Sorry.

She pays £1 in our house, thanks for reminding me to play tooth fairy tonight, I completely forgot!

Xihha Sun 20-Jul-14 22:14:43

phew, it was £1 when I was a child so I was a bit worried about inflation.

crazylady321 Sun 20-Jul-14 22:12:36

�1.00 but may have to be 50p when my twins start loosing as itll prob be around same time :/

steppemum Sun 20-Jul-14 22:12:26

£1

starfishmummy Sun 20-Jul-14 22:11:22

As someone said to me, before we had the first tkkthnfairy visit, there's the �1 from the fairy and then the other five so they can buy something decent !!

Ds is 16 and has two teeth to go. He has SN so still expects the fairy to visit though!!

ScrambledEggAndToast Sun 20-Jul-14 22:11:01

£1 for "normal teeth". £2 for molars, I'm a soft touch though blush

ChablisLover Sun 20-Jul-14 22:08:16

One pound is our going rate for all teeth

itsalottery Sun 20-Jul-14 22:06:42

Our tooth fairy did £1 for 1st tooth and 50p thereafter. I am quite tight though.

mameulah Sun 20-Jul-14 22:06:17

I read on another thread a while back that the Tooth Fairy paid out 'one gold coin' thus avoiding inflation and peer pressure etc.

Xihha Sun 20-Jul-14 22:03:12

DD(5) has her first wobbly tooth and I was just wondering what the going rate is?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now