Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Well that's dp banned from going food shopping ever again.

(64 Posts)
HairOnMyChinnyChinChin Sun 20-Jul-14 21:44:46

Much to the kids disgust.

I sent him.out for a quick top up as don't have time for a full shop for a few days and he returned with......

4 boxes of ice lollies / ice creams

1 tub of ice cream ((healthy because it was a hint of yogurt apparently ))

4 boxes of some dodgy looking cadburys puds with assorted toppings.

4 boxes of Rachaels organic rice pudding.

3 packs of bernard matthews 'turkey'.

3 pizzas

1 bag of oven chips

2 boxes of toasta pockets

Cheese filled hash browns hmm

At least 10 assorted packets of pasta n sauce

8 pot noodles

1 lone pack of cherries

The kids are over the moon......dp's popular, I however am pondering how long it takes for scurvy to strike hmm

And to top it all, the bastard forgot my curly wurlys angry

LLARGIES Tue 22-Jul-14 00:58:22

May I just add on the back of this thread that I went to Iceland today and bought those cheese hash browns. They're simply amazing and I would recommend them to you all.

MrsAtticus Mon 21-Jul-14 23:53:29

haha, didn't think how that sounded, by inappropriate I meant an adult type one, luxurious icecream coated in thick chocolate and nuts, far too big and sweet for DS and would have been much better appreciated by me. I'm still mulling over the turmeric issue...

Skinheadmermaid Mon 21-Jul-14 15:48:54

My dh is pretty good at food shopping except he doesn't look at the prices and buys brands.
Also he just had to phone and ask me what a leek looks like!

MILLYmo0se Mon 21-Jul-14 15:35:38

an inappropriate ice lolly
I'm very curious about the ice-lolly too, what was it ?

DogCalledRudis Mon 21-Jul-14 14:17:01

When my DH goes shopping he manages to get at least five sorts of cheese, but cannot find where onions are. In bloody Asda

Deep frying improves most iceland crap-in-a-bag type fayre IME grin

I actually didn't try deep frying them tbh! We didn't get the wotsits, we got one of the other ones (mccoys?) and didn't like those either. confused

Maybe it's just me.

vickibee Mon 21-Jul-14 13:49:13

Prob did it on purpose so you won't send him again?

cheese filled hash browns - I want some! Schro did you try deep frying them? That worked well for the wotsits chips which don't go crispy if you cook them according to the instructions.

Timeisawastin Mon 21-Jul-14 13:26:23

The last time my Dh...

Timeisawastin Mon 21-Jul-14 13:25:28

The last my Dh was doing a food shop he found reduced squid at the fish counter. He bought all their stock and very little else. I hate squid.

I forgot, the other thing he bought that day was a 2-for-1 offer on jars of sweet and sour sauce to go with the squid. I hate pineapple.

Thanks, Schro. Non crispness would be a killer for me, so given that Iceland don't deliver to our postcode, you have saved me a journey smile

Stealth It was the cheese filled hash browns, they are huge big finger things, too much potato, not enough cheese and never get that lovely crispy way.

JeanetteDanielsBenziger Mon 21-Jul-14 07:11:17

Damn it all to hell. Iceland don't deliver to my postcode.
I've never been in one, how cheap are their frozen veg and you get 7.5kg of potatoes for £2.50....would the 40 mile drive negate the savings though?
Also I'd probably spend any savings on dirty delicious puddings and cheesy hash browns.

JenniferJo Mon 21-Jul-14 07:09:51

Cheese filled hash browns? Genius.

LineRunner Mon 21-Jul-14 06:46:14

My OH taught me how to do Iceland. You go in, fill your trolley with at least £25 worth of crap, and ask for it to be delivered when you pay at the till.

Then you wander home just in time for the free delivery, and realise you haven't got any room in the freezer.

Davidtennantmistress Mon 21-Jul-14 06:44:33

grin hubs sadly would be the same if left to his own devices, with the addition of milk,

A list he would be insulted by, ( I can buy food you know!) but if I vaguely say we need tea for three days packed lunch stuff and cereals he would actually come home with relatively good stuff, although he'd also have half a trolly of chocolate pop and toys for the boys, but he's paying so I don't care, he buys the good stuff, I buy the cheaper budget ranges.

OwlCapone Mon 21-Jul-14 06:39:29

If so, you really need to contact the DM and practise your Sad Face.

OwlCapone Mon 21-Jul-14 06:38:53

I want to know what was inappropriate abot the lolly too - was it one of those rare rocket ice lollies that looks like it is shaped like a penis?

WaitMonkey Mon 21-Jul-14 06:34:09

Mrs, why was the lolly inappropriate ? Also, what are you going to to with 2kg of turmeric ??? grin

Cheese filled hash browns, sound wonderful.

Speaking of doughnuts...
Has anyone else tried those "Weirdoughs" from Tesco? We got cheese and onion, and salt and vinegar and they are definitely weird!
They were £1 for 10 mini ones, but they were still sweet under the seasoning. Tasted like they took the regular mini doughnuts, with the sugar in them, and sprinkled crisp flavouring on them... confused
No3 son adored the salt n vinegar ones, and I had a nibble at the cheese n onion one and didn't throw up, but nobody else liked them at all...

Xihha Mon 21-Jul-14 00:53:32

OP, your DP is welcome to do my shopping for me, DH refuses to buy anything nice unhealthy.

SaltySeaBird Mon 21-Jul-14 00:42:36

DH only buys exactly what I specify. If I'm vague he leaves it off the list. If something is unavailable he doesn't substitute. It takes me so long to write a shopping list with suggested substitutions it's not that helpful sending him out really.

I'm not sure which is better, him or my friends DH who goes willingly, doesn't stick to a list and buys lots of treats.

Allalonenow Mon 21-Jul-14 00:30:30

I'm going to be ordering the rice puddings tomorrow.

ElephantsNeverForgive Mon 21-Jul-14 00:28:55

No beer and No doughnuts, mywould tell your DH he'd let tbe male side down badly with that shopping.

I'm in disgrace because I put some very unhealthy looking pork pies back.

Beer and doughnuts did indeed get to the till.

< of course I don't eat doughnuts or dring beer wink>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now