Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Well that's dp banned from going food shopping ever again.

(64 Posts)
HairOnMyChinnyChinChin Sun 20-Jul-14 21:44:46

Much to the kids disgust.

I sent him.out for a quick top up as don't have time for a full shop for a few days and he returned with......

4 boxes of ice lollies / ice creams

1 tub of ice cream ((healthy because it was a hint of yogurt apparently ))

4 boxes of some dodgy looking cadburys puds with assorted toppings.

4 boxes of Rachaels organic rice pudding.

3 packs of bernard matthews 'turkey'.

3 pizzas

1 bag of oven chips

2 boxes of toasta pockets

Cheese filled hash browns hmm

At least 10 assorted packets of pasta n sauce

8 pot noodles

1 lone pack of cherries

The kids are over the moon......dp's popular, I however am pondering how long it takes for scurvy to strike hmm

And to top it all, the bastard forgot my curly wurlys angry

Wait! There are cheese filled hashbrowns ? Tell me more <smiles winningly> Where did he find them, and what brand are they, and how much were they, and how many in the pack?
PLlllllllllllllllleeeeassseeeeee tell me grin grin
It's like the Mothership, calling me home....

vestandknickers Sun 20-Jul-14 21:50:07

Cheese filled hash browns? The man's a genius!

Mrsgrumble Sun 20-Jul-14 21:51:01

No way

Dh came home with a 10 kg bag of potatoes, toothpaste and eight litres of milk. I was delighted.

Mumof3xox Sun 20-Jul-14 21:52:05

Where sells cheese filled hash browns?

ThinkIveBeenHacked Sun 20-Jul-14 21:52:30

Just let them feast on it for the week then resume normality afterwards. Theyll soon get sick of bland shite and will be begging you for a roast dinner.

HairOnMyChinnyChinChin Sun 20-Jul-14 21:53:11

He's just flared his nostrils and pointed out I forgot to mention the hamwidges.

Iceland apparently for the cheese hash brown things.

Don't blame me if you end up glowing in the dark. hmm

groceries.iceland.co.uk/iceland-potato-pockets-filled-with-cheese-600g/p/55797

0pheliaBalls Sun 20-Jul-14 21:55:04

Sounds very like a regular week's shopping round our way without the litre of gin

ThinkIveBeenHacked Sun 20-Jul-14 21:55:45

Does he cook? If not then fair play to him- he has bouvht what he can cook himself.

vestandknickers Sun 20-Jul-14 21:56:06

I love that there's a review on the Iceland site that tells you they are like hash browns filled with cheese.

No shit Sherlock!!

AliceDoesntLiveHereAnymore Sun 20-Jul-14 22:00:45

My dcs wouldn't eat most of that, so I'd be highly annoyed. Although sadly, the cheese hash brown things sound good. blush

Did you give him an actual list? Or just send him to pick up a "top up?"

Unfortunately, if you haven't specified what you want him to pick up, I think you have to take what you get to some extent. Sorry.

And if you told him specifically to get curly wurlys and he didn't, then I think some sort of penalty is in order. grin

HairOnMyChinnyChinChin Sun 20-Jul-14 22:04:16

I sent him for carrots, curly wurlys and some bits n bobs.

I shall get revenge in the form of an online shop straying firmly away from our usual Aldi / iceland / cooltrader so.I can cook some actual meals.

That'll learn him.

<sings "Pom's gone to Iceland" and skips off merrily to form an orderly queue for the morning>

HairOnMyChinnyChinChin Sun 20-Jul-14 22:06:32

Oh my two will happily demolish the lot, I always pick up a few treats in the week but not to that extent !! We have takeaway on Saturdays and usually 'orange food' on a Thursday as it's busy so they get their qouta of E numbers.

ChablisLover Sun 20-Jul-14 22:09:16

I love Rachael's rice pudding - would be a big hit in our house

AliceDoesntLiveHereAnymore Sun 20-Jul-14 22:10:03

Well, then. A bit of a treat for the kiddies then. They'll think it's on purpose as school's getting out soon.

But a firm reminder next time for him to pick up your curly wurlys. Some things cannot be compromised. grin

McButtonwillow Sun 20-Jul-14 22:10:58

Hamwidges! Hamwidges! <overwhelmed with 80's nostalgia> now I remember why stoned people mums go to Iceland.

Ememem84 Sun 20-Jul-14 22:11:44

Dh once went to supermarket on his own without a specific list. I had vaguely just say to buy cereal. He wasn't sure which I wanted so ended up buying 10 different ones. Sigh.

Thanks for the nod to cheese filled hash browns. Will be venturing to Iceland to get some.

JudysPriest Sun 20-Jul-14 22:21:01

I am crying with laughter here. 10 boxes of cereal! Was he after the free toys?

DH is sensible, he comes home with ingredients for stuff, meat and pots and sensible things. He bought oven cleaner today as he's wanting to clean it.

I'd live on toast and noodles if we didn't have DS. Then we wouldn't need to clean the oven either.

OMG! Why did nobody tell me Iceland deliver, free? grin
And they have special offers on delicious crap stuff grin
Ours here is really awkward to get to and is a mile away from the nearest car parking so means lugging anything we buy, and they used to charge for delivery and/or have a minimum spend. I didn't even realise they had a web ordering thingy.
Give your DH a humongous blowjob snog from me Chinny and if ever we meet, I will bring you curly wurlies grin

Ememem84 Sun 20-Jul-14 22:34:52

No Judys I just hadn't been specific and said which one I wanted. I just assumed that when I said cereal he knew I wanted Special K because that's what I always eat. Not shreddies frosties sugar puffs rice crispies etc.

chinny I'd send him back for curly wurlys.

NorksEnormous Sun 20-Jul-14 23:04:30

The first time I ever sent DH to get the grocery shopping was when I was in hospital after having DS. I received a text saying 'I really don't know what to get, I've been round the whole shop but not got much' so I text back saying 'what have you got?' And received a picture message of a big trolley with a 2 litre Bottle of fanta lemon and a bottle of tomato ketchup in it and that's it!

IHaveBrilloHair Sun 20-Jul-14 23:07:08

Can I come for tea?

IHaveBrilloHair Sun 20-Jul-14 23:07:30

Can I come for tea?

When dd and I were ill with d&v dp once came back with ingredients to make a curry from scratch as I'd taught him the previous week...

I cried grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now