Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

How did you stop smoking?

(182 Posts)
rockpink Sun 20-Jul-14 20:15:39

Advice please, I've tried patches, gum etc and hypnotherapy (which worked for 8 months)
Broke up with long term boyfriend and started again in March, basically cos he hated it.
Mad eh?
Had hypnosis again on Wed to stop, was fine until tonight, but have shouted at DS all day and felt such a rotten cow. Took myself out to the yarden and had a fag. Couldnt say it was nice but couldn't say it was horrid either sad
I'm so angry with myself as I managed 4 days.
I so want to stop, I feel I'm being dragged down again.

rockpink Wed 20-Aug-14 21:03:31

Yes it would be vile haha

Well done that's brilliant! flowers

Probably if you tried one now it'd be horrible envy

rockpink Wed 20-Aug-14 19:53:55

Today, Plenty is the first day I have really wanted one. Because I've been on my own all day maybe. ..I didn't though smile

For some people it is, mrs.

For others it's next to impossible and they will smoke their legs off and their lungs out or smoke through pregnancy and still be unable to quit, even though they really and truly want to.

Anybody who manages to quit fags deserves a massive cheer whatever method they have used. Anybody who is struggling deserves all the help and encouragement they can get.

Well done for stopping!

mrspremise Tue 19-Aug-14 21:08:48

I just stopped. End of. I genuinely believe that if you really and truly want to, it's that simple...

rockpink Tue 19-Aug-14 20:20:06

The dancing pink thing Plenty thanks! smile

Well done!

rockpink Tue 19-Aug-14 11:45:59

A month, I've managed a whole month! grin

rockpink Tue 19-Aug-14 11:45:19

A

Justpickone Mon 04-Aug-14 22:23:55

That's exactly it! The fine line!
My mil is horrified by the dress sale, she paid for it (a lot), and thinks I should be attached to it, I'm not, it was her choice of dress, hence rebelling!

rockpink Mon 04-Aug-14 22:16:06

grin at that cross between "I crave fags" and "I feel sick! "

I think that's a lovely idea smile

18mg is a fairly average strength for 10-20 a day smokers to start on. Don't be afraid to go up a strength if you want to vape less often, it's easy to cut down again when you're ready. To get the same 'hit' you would get from a fag you'd have to vape about 50mg! The right strength is largely a matter of taste. It's somewhere inbetween 'I still crave fags' and 'I feel sick'.

rockpink Mon 04-Aug-14 21:51:55

That's a lush idea! !!

Justpickone Mon 04-Aug-14 21:46:45

I'm also pondering thinking up things to do with the money as a motivational tool...
Do you think instead of aiming for something (a hairdo for example), it would work if I said half for me and half for Macmillan say?! Is that a daft idea?!
I'm auctioning my wedding dress for Macmillan too, they really were a godsend for my family and it might help motivate me...
Any thoughts?

Justpickone Mon 04-Aug-14 21:41:40

I'm using an evod one with 18 liquid in it, have one that tastes of fags right now and also a cola one.
Got a cracking headache too, despite drinking plenty of water, am assuming it's the oxygen having a party in my previously barren brain!!

Well done all you fabulous quitters flowers

Justpickone most people calm down a bit when they've been vaping a while. 20ml a week seems to be an average amount (unless you're some sort of low ohm microcoil power vaping cloud chaser - they get through about that much a day!) It's a much more little-and-often thing than smoking. If you want to use it less often you could increase the nicotine strength - what are you using at the moment?

I have found that 10 months of constantly bathing my face in glycerine vapour has given me quite dewy skin smile

rockpink Mon 04-Aug-14 20:16:06

Yes maybe! Think about it, nobody has said yet that vaping ages the skin.....

Justpickone Mon 04-Aug-14 20:12:07

I've used a whole vape thing today, re filled and am still furiously on it! Guess will pass though..
Rebelling against excessive ageing maybe?!

Pregnantagain7 Mon 04-Aug-14 20:09:34

I smoked for 20 years 15 of those years I was smoking 20 a day. I gave up two years ago using champix and reading the Alan Carr book not had one since and no I never ever will again. Good luck you can do it apart from having children it really is the best thing I've ever done smile

rockpink Mon 04-Aug-14 20:08:03

Well done you smile A rebel hmm, yes that's why I started as well. Now we are rebelling against being soft in the head!! smile

Justpickone Mon 04-Aug-14 20:05:12

Hi, I'm on day 2.5 I guess you'd say! Saturday lunchtime was my last one. I'm vaping like there's no tomorrow.
I only really smoked in secret to rebel and have SOMETHING just for me which is a really bonkers thing, I know!
So far today I have consumed 2 choc bars, 2 choc mouses and a bowl of ice cream in addition to my normal meals.

But I haven't smoked and my hair smells nice.

rockpink Mon 04-Aug-14 19:41:00

How are you getting on Pipistrelle? Still non here, feel faintly ridiculous with my "pipe" though grin

rockpink Mon 28-Jul-14 09:41:17

Well done to no tabs!
I'm enjoying waking up not coughing so much smile

pippistrelle Mon 28-Jul-14 09:15:22

Hope you're continuing to do well.

I have exercised to counteract my new-found chocolate dependency. I think I might have broken my leg muscles. Ouch.

No tabs though.

rockpink Sun 27-Jul-14 22:09:21

You can do it! I'm sat in my kitchen revising and vaping and not stressing like usual so this is working okay!!!! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now