Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

You're a 9yr old boy and you feel sick. WDYD?

(16 Posts)
kim147 Sun 20-Jul-14 17:03:29

a) Go to the toilet and be sick. In the toilet.

b) Walk to the lounge. Announce you feel sick and then puke up all over the carpet.

At least it's out of him. This will be a fun evening.

Alisvolatpropiis Sun 20-Jul-14 17:08:32

Oh dear! Hope he's not ver unwell.

My younger brother was like that when young. The usually inbuilt "rush to toilet" urge didn't develop until he was about 12.

He'd just stop and throw up where he stood. I (I'm not one of natures natural nurses) could never understand how my mum/dad didn't go bonkers. Or at least try and train it out of him!

Asifbymagic Sun 20-Jul-14 17:08:48

Oh I knew this one, my brother announced it at that age at the top of the stairs and promptly covered the stairs, hall and wall, parents were not happy. Same bug he also did it out the window on the flat roof again not pleased.

roseypeach Sun 20-Jul-14 17:27:23

I was once driving DS2's friend home, age 10, when he said he felt sick. I promptly pulled over.
He sat there for a moment and then proceeded to their up in the foot well of my car!
I yelled at him to get out but he just say there throwing up!
I couldn't believe it - why didn't he open the site and be sick out of the car??!
Hope your son feels better soon.

roseypeach Sun 20-Jul-14 17:28:07

*throw up

roseypeach Sun 20-Jul-14 17:28:46

Gosh my autocorrect is on top form tonight!!
Sure you can work it out.....:-)

ObfusKate Sun 20-Jul-14 17:29:45

I feel rooted to the spot, weak, and unable to move when I'm sick, and as if any movement will make me puke immediately. I generally make sure there's a bucket nearby if I think I'm likely to be sick - it's sometimes very hard to make it to the toilet (I do, but it's tricky).

HairOnMyChinnyChinChin Sun 20-Jul-14 17:51:54

My ds was sick during the night, in the sink.

which he proceeded to try and clean up, using some clothes that were in the bathroom. And a scrubby sponge

I was first met by this sight around 6am when I went fora pee, sadly I wasnt wearing my specs and the 'pieces of tissue I absent mindedly picked up whilst perched later turned out to be regurgitated pizza........which was also splattered allover the sink, up the walls , behind the loo. Every fecking where.

I won't even start on the vomit soaked onesie which he hid in his drawers.

In his defence he has Autism however it took all I could muster to be understanding when I realised id walked pizza vomit through the house !! How I didnt smell it I don't know. [Shock]

Dd did exactly that this morning, but at least it was on to a tiled floor.

She's ten ffs.

shouldnthavesaid Sun 20-Jul-14 17:54:29

Oh God, I threw up in my uncle's car once - he was furious. In my defence I had been given a boiled sweet, and a book, and he was driving far too fast in Glen Cannich...

Have also christened - my surgery (plus two old surgeries), my work, both sets of grandparents houses, a photographer, a couple of shops, restaurants, my mums surgery, my gran's car, train, bus, my uncle's house x 3, both local hotels, a 5* hotel x 2, several weddings, the street, outside church, in church, on my laptop, the garden, every room in my mum's house (x 4) , every room in my old flat and the bathroom of the flat before that .. I usually get a 4 second warning and then go for it.

Doesn't help that when I am sick, I am sick.

shouldnthavesaid Sun 20-Jul-14 17:55:28

Should say I am affectionately called The Exorcist by family. Doesn't help I have the same name and last initial as Linda Blair.

ElephantsNeverForgive Sun 20-Jul-14 17:55:38

C) eat breakfast and not other telling DM you feel sick until your in the car.

Not insist you really, really do feel sick, so mum takes you to school.

Be sick over BF blush

ObfusKate Sun 20-Jul-14 17:56:11

shouldnt, have you considered hanging a bucket round your neck? wink

IHaveBrilloHair Sun 20-Jul-14 17:56:58

I'd go apeshit, but then I am emetophobic.
A few weeks ago dd asked for a bucket by her bed, and that's when I worried, she'd never be sick anywhere other than the toilet unless totally unavoidable.

IsSpringSprangedYet Sun 20-Jul-14 18:07:26

obfuskate that's how I feel when I'm giving birth. That if I move the baby will just fall out blush

I'm lucky that my middle two rush to the loo, but the eldest (nearly 6) does it there and then. The 18 month old obviously does it wherever as well.

Downfall Sun 20-Jul-14 18:16:22

Ah yes, it's always option b, isn't it? Or some variation there of.

This week in our house it was all over the dinner table, plates and us.

None of us will ever feel the same about mackerel salad again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now