Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

There are some cheeky fuckers on free cycle aren't there?!

(50 Posts)
Morethanalittlebitconfused Sun 20-Jul-14 15:47:26

WANTED: PS4 in full working order
WANTED: IPad for a toddler
WANTED: full set of garden furniture

The list goes on.

Do people really think someone is going to hand them those items for free?

Mumof3xox Sun 20-Jul-14 15:50:42

Wanted - 5 bedroom house with indoor pool

Morethanalittlebitconfused Sun 20-Jul-14 15:52:01

Mine would be

WANTED: small cottage in the countryside with a hunky gardener provided free of charge

catinbootz Sun 20-Jul-14 15:52:06

Wanted - a multicoloured unicorn that shits gold nuggets

Namechangearoonie123 Sun 20-Jul-14 15:53:03

Wanted: a Toffee Crumble Ice Lolly and a foot massage

Mumof3xox Sun 20-Jul-14 15:53:46

Are toffee crumble ice lollies real? Or do they fall in with the multicoloured unicorn......

Namechangearoonie123 Sun 20-Jul-14 15:55:01

They are real

Have one in the freezer downstairs

But I need someone to get it for me

The dog won't. Dogs don't guard food.

Mumof3xox Sun 20-Jul-14 15:55:41

They sound interesting!

I stopped using it because of people being grabby feckers;

Wanted - iCandy pushchair, must be x colour and have all accessories and be in 'as new' condition.

Wanted - car, must run and be tested and taxed

Wanted - wii, Nintendo DS or Xbox 360 must have games.

Offered - pants and socks, done my 2 children fine and still have life in them after a good wash.

fairgame Sun 20-Jul-14 16:15:46

Another one here stopped using because of this reason.

WANTED - brown leather corner settee. someone offered her a 2+3 black leather suite but no it had to be brown, leather and corner.

WANTED - breast pads. Really??? U can buy them for a quid from Tesco

WANTED - silver fridge freezer just moved into my own place have nothing, no money and i'm pregnant blah blah blah. Cue loads of offers for white ones, all declined.

On my local freecycle page there are loads of bitching, arguments and endless sob stories.

kernowgal Sun 20-Jul-14 16:57:45

I stopped using it as soon as they allowed 'wanted' ads. The requests were just ridiculous and it's turned the whole thing into a farce. A shame, because it was a really good idea originally.

Viviennemary Sun 20-Jul-14 17:00:17

I suspect half the stuff offered is resold which would put me off giving anything. At least if you donate to a charity shop the charity gets something even if the stuff is resold. I want a Kitchenmaid. A turquoise one would be nice. Suppose I'll have to keep dreaming.grin

TheSpottedZebra Sun 20-Jul-14 17:03:56

But Noel Edmunds said that I can just ask the universe for stuff I want, and I will get it!

Numanoid Sun 20-Jul-14 17:05:52

The thing that struck me was someone asking for an iPad for a toddler. That's silly. Toddlers don't need iPads, and I genuinely don't think they should have them. hmm

CatKisser Sun 20-Jul-14 17:06:07

Tell me about it OP.
Within eight seconds of putting something on, there's always some cheeky fucker who emails "postcode please, will be there in twenty mins" or similar. Maybe I'm being over picky, but a bit of politeness wouldn't kill anyone! Having said that, I get annoyed by the sob stories so maybe I'm not cut out for free cycle all round grin

YouAreMyRain Sun 20-Jul-14 17:25:36

Wanted - Washing machine working order, must be delivered as I can't drive. shock

Drives me bloody bananas.

YouAreMyRain Sun 20-Jul-14 17:27:45

I put a decent graco pushchair on there and there were loads of fussy beggars asking me what size/model/how old etc and then declining. I ended up dumping it.

I put half a bag of cat litter on and had twelve people fighting over it. ??!!??!!!

Mrsgrumble Sun 20-Jul-14 17:28:17

I'd love a brand new smeg fridge in duck egg grin

I can offer stained baby vests, chipped plates and some photo frames

NikkiCrick Sun 20-Jul-14 17:32:32

I used to put stuff on there to get rid of, you get inundated with rude messages then just messed about; my favourite being 'oh sis, jus giv us one ta' or 'nah, too far', always after some sob story. I now just take to local charity shop.
Some of the wanted ads do make me laugh though. Agree no toddler needs an iPad or PS4, and YouAreMyRain is right about the 'don't drive' thing coming up often, well neither do I, but I manage!

WalkWithTheLonelyOnes Sun 20-Jul-14 17:36:45

I'm going to have a look on my local one and report back grin

DoYouThinkSheSawUs Sun 20-Jul-14 17:38:51

We put the carpets that came with the house on - only 6 months d allegedly but stained, smelling of dog wee. Which we said and stated as suitable for shed or similar.

Some guy picked them all up, plus the knackered underlay - for his rental flat! I was shock and felt sorry for his poor tenants. He did say he would clean them.

DoYouThinkSheSawUs Sun 20-Jul-14 17:40:04

*old

WalkWithTheLonelyOnes Sun 20-Jul-14 17:44:30

Nothing! I'm actually disappointed

ipswichwitch Sun 20-Jul-14 17:49:29

There's a hell of a lot of people offering rubble/hard-core round here. And some bloke doing a bit of a cheeky thing offering a shed then when people turn up he's demanding money for it! A few have been taken in by that judging by the messages on there!

YouAreMyRain Sun 20-Jul-14 17:52:36

Wanted - anything (postcode)
To keep my grandchildren happy for three weeks.

????

No ages or interests of children given. Who would respond to that?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now