Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Self indulgent rant

(16 Posts)

My fucking day tomorrow has been ruined and I hot and bothered and fucked off angry

Had

PedlarsSpanner Sat 19-Jul-14 21:27:08

Rant away my dear

<makes soothing noises>

Had planned a day out to the zoo for me and the DDs and up until 5 mins ago the 5 yr old was still having a fucking tantrum about sleep. I can't take her to the zoo tired, she is a nightmare. She will be up by 6 sad she is normally asleep at 7. 2.5 hrs less sleep will be painful.

Why is it every time I look forward to something it gets fuxked up??!

PedlarsSpanner Sat 19-Jul-14 21:29:58

Och still go, it'll be fun

Grit teeth, rictus grin, jolly hockey sticks, channel PollyAnna

Also, take chocolate. For you!

She is just awful when tired. And at the end of a long day I don't want her tantrumming on the train on the way home sad

I'm so fed up. I was so excited to go.

LoveBeingInTheSun Sat 19-Jul-14 21:33:17

I think it's the weather ours took a couple of hours to go off too

lucysmam Sat 19-Jul-14 21:35:47

oh dear sad

We had the same with our four yr old last night...10pm she finally went to sleep.

We dug up the garden to flatten it for the paddling pool today, that was fun with her stropping about the place hmm

Part of me also thinks she needs to learn that she can't still throw fucking tantrums at 5!! sad

lucysmam Sat 19-Jul-14 23:03:33

I thought the same about number two, she's starting reception in Sept...I'm dreading the first "can I have a word?" from her teacher when she throws a wobbly about something minor.

Never had this with dd1, she's always been fairly easy going confused

DD1 has always been highly strung like her mother smile

I just don't know what to do. Not go to teach her that she cannot behave like that? Or accept that it's hot and she was pissed off that she couldn't sleep?! Arrrgh. Parenting is shit sometimes!

lucysmam Sun 20-Jul-14 13:37:45

Did you go out in the end?

We did and you know what, we had a bloody amazing day! You will read about in the next pen pal letter no doubt smile

PedlarsSpanner Sun 20-Jul-14 17:48:38

Great!

I am ready for wine and bed now though! grin

lucysmam Sun 20-Jul-14 18:43:55

Fab, so glad you had a nice day out!

(Dd1 is very slowly working on her letter hmm Probably be on way tomorrow or Tuesday so we'll look forward to hearing about it grin )

Now go open the wine ...I always neeeeed some after a day out with the girls!

They are finishing watching dumbo. Will both be in bed and asleep by 7:30 and then..... ITS VODKA TIME smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now